Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
eh, first u say good to month can.
then u say good to month still pending approval (cannot)

so can or cannot?

can i run a good to month/ good to date stop limit order??? :s11:

Gtm for limit order can
Gtm for stop loss order cannot bcos pending approval for release to production

Why? Your shares are in Scb nominee, cannot use cimb to sell lah, they charging $25 min lah, too expensive

Last edited:

highsulphur

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Gtm for limit order can

Why? Your shares are in Scb nominee, cannot use cimb to sell lah, they charging $25 min lah, too expensive

Just placed 2 gtm orders on a Sunday!

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Gtm for limit order can

whos approval? MAS, SGX or big boss at CIMB?

barnabaskoh

Reaction score
guys, can i just check with you.i go standard chartered the officer say help me open account for online trading on friday, today i saw the security settlement account already but cannot do any online trading, it states apply now,is it because i still need to open the online trading or i just need to wait?

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys, can i just check with you.i go standard chartered the officer say help me open account for online trading on friday, today i saw the security settlement account already but cannot do any online trading, it states apply now,is it because i still need to open the online trading or i just need to wait?

Need to wait...what you can do is check everyday in the menu, if got "Online Trading" and can enter, means can liao :s22:

barnabaskoh

Reaction score
Need to wait...what you can do is check everyday in the menu, if got "Online Trading" and can enter, means can liao :s22:

oh, so means its being processed? i was just wondering if i still need to go down standard chartered another time to tell them i wana open the online trading..though i dont think the officer will be so blur to open the settlement account without the trading option right?

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh, so means its being processed? i was just wondering if i still need to go down standard chartered another time to tell them i wana open the online trading..though i dont think the officer will be so blur to open the settlement account without the trading option right?

Definitely not la, cause I remember I also kanchiong spider cause got new account opened, I thought I would be charged $ :s22:

Denikeve

Master Member
Reaction score
hi all

can I check if i choose dividend reinvestment as my option, the shares I will be given is a whole number right. what happens to the remainder of the dividends? say if dividend is $100 and the reinvestment shares is priced at $9. so I'll get 11 new shares, then what happens to that remaining $1?

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
hi all

can I check if i choose dividend reinvestment as my option, the shares I will be given is a whole number right. what happens to the remainder of the dividends? say if dividend is $100 and the reinvestment shares is priced at $9. so I'll get 11 new shares, then what happens to that remaining $1?

I done this before with a US counter, the leftover will be refunded into your account. As mine is a US counter, it took months. :s22:
I think the SG counters won't take that long but its up to the company to refund you(they will, just dunno when). SCB can only check but not do anything.

Ultimately, I advise people to take cash and reinvest themselves as there isn't any discount to do the reinvestment anyway.

Denikeve

Master Member
Reaction score
I done this before with a US counter, the leftover will be refunded into your account. As mine is a US counter, it took months. :s22:
I think the SG counters won't take that long but its up to the company to refund you(they will, just dunno when). SCB can only check but not do anything.

Ultimately, I advise people to take cash and reinvest themselves as there isn't any discount to do the reinvestment anyway.

thanks for your input.

there is usually a slight discount when opt for the reinvestment option. the recent MLT reinvestment exercise offered 1.18+ per share compared to its current value of 1.95. and if I take cash it will be too little for me to reinvest anyway so just take the reinvest option.

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
How long will it take for the funds to be deducted frm the settlement acc and for units to be in the trading acc

It's already deducted the moment your trade goes through though it's not reflected immediately in your trading account until a few days later. You may sell immediately too if you wish.

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
thanks for your input.

there is usually a slight discount when opt for the reinvestment option. the recent MLT reinvestment exercise offered 1.18+ per share compared to its current value of 1.95. and if I take cash it will be too little for me to reinvest anyway so just take the reinvest option.

That's a gigantic discount. Are you sure of that? Thank for the heads up, Looks like I should check all my local reinvestment shares thing because as far as I can remember, there is no discount.

edit: you mean 1.195? If I didn't remember wrongly, the letter states that it will reinvest at market price, that discount figure you see is only what it is at the time the letter is sent, it would be subject to market changes. In other words, it is not a discount, just happens that the price is that amount when they print.

Last edited:

blurpandasg2014

Reaction score
It's already deducted the moment your trade goes through though it's not reflected immediately in your trading account until a few days later. You may sell immediately too if you wish.

They haven't deduct anythiNg yet. Thats why i find it weird

Denikeve

Master Member
Reaction score
That's a gigantic discount. Are you sure of that? Thank for the heads up, Looks like I should check all my local reinvestment shares thing because as far as I can remember, there is no discount.

edit: you mean 1.195? If I didn't remember wrongly, the letter states that it will reinvest at market price, that discount figure you see is only what it is at the time the letter is sent, it would be subject to market changes. In other words, it is not a discount, just happens that the price is that amount when they print.

oh sorry yeah missed out the "1". it's a small discount but it's better than nth. and I can't do **** with the meagre amount of cash if I choose to take cash option anyway.

usually if the reit decides to pay dividends using new units they will announce its issue price, that price is usually lower than the current market value. of course no one will know what will happen to the market value come dividend payment date, which is on the 27th or 28th of this month. the following is an excerpt from the announcement:

Further to the Announcement dated 19 January 2015 by Mapletree Logistics Trust Management Ltd., as manager (the “Manager”) of Mapletree Logistics Trust (“MLT”) in relation to the application of the distribution reinvestment plan (“DRP”) to MLT’s distribution for the three months ended 31 December 2014 (the “3Q FY14/15 Distribution”), the Manager wishes to announce that the issue price of the new units in MLT (“Units”) to be issued under the DRP is S$1.1848 per Unit.

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
oh sorry yeah missed out the "1". it's a small discount but it's better than nth. and I can't do **** with the meagre amount of cash if I choose to take cash option anyway.

usually if the reit decides to pay dividends using new units they will announce its issue price, that price is usually lower than the current market value. of course no one will know what will happen to the market value come dividend payment date, which is on the 27th or 28th of this month. the following is an excerpt from the announcement:

Further to the Announcement dated 19 January 2015 by Mapletree Logistics Trust Management Ltd., as manager (the “Manager”) of Mapletree Logistics Trust (“MLT”) in relation to the application of the distribution reinvestment plan (“DRP”) to MLT’s distribution for the three months ended 31 December 2014 (the “3Q FY14/15 Distribution”), the Manager wishes to announce that the issue price of the new units in MLT (“Units”) to be issued under the DRP is S$1.1848 per Unit.

Since you have done this using scb(I assumed) locally, so how long does it take for them to refund you the left over after XD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.