Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obama486

Banned
Reaction score
yea I was trying to see if i can get the brokerage fees from all trades and lump them together. at least less work.

i guess i got to do the primitive way for the last few purchases. (Guess i will record down next time when i do a purchase)

Easier to ask your broker, their system can see your monthly and annual brokerage as well as history of all your trades and comm

Obama486

Banned
Reaction score
How much does it cost to transfer from scb to cdp? $10.70 per lot (100shares)?

Not too sure about the transfer cost but if your stock the liquidity is good (bid/ask only 1 bit difference) usually its cheaper to sell at scb then buy back the same stuff (credit into cdp)

sandwicher

Reaction score
Not too sure about the transfer cost but if your stock the liquidity is good (bid/ask only 1 bit difference) usually its cheaper to sell at scb then buy back the same stuff (credit into cdp)

Haha i did thought of it. But i guess the price of the stock matters.

Min commission is $25. Anyone know the cost of transferring from SCB to CDP?

sputnikmoment

Reaction score
Can i confirm that since the 0.2% is on the amount i buy/sell so whether i do DCA or lumpsum investing, the total charges should be the same right?

WQtRiggEr

Reaction score
yea I was trying to see if i can get the brokerage fees from all trades and lump them together. at least less work.

i guess i got to do the primitive way for the last few purchases. (Guess i will record down next time when i do a purchase)

There's a link under "Fees and Charges" I think where there's a cost calculator which you can input to find out the transaction costs of buying/selling. Makes it easier to calculate breakeven price!

StealthNinja

Reaction score
i have a question here ok i just open my us trading account if lets say i buying any us stock do i need to pay for any holding fees? im a sinpgaorean

kelvinkezz

Reaction score
can someone assist? i'm sure the answer is around 100-200 pages back but.. :o
i'm also interested to know..

If i am not wrong, it's $10.70 per type of shares. e.g if you transfer 2,100 shares of Keppel Corp; 4,300 shares of Singtel; 100 shares of DBS from CDP to SCB, you only pay $32.10. If someone has to pay $10.70 per lot (i.e. 100 shares), it wouldn't make any sense as he would be better off selling off the shares (incurring the commission charges) and buying back again using SCB.

Having said that, the last time i transferred from CDP to SCB, they didn't charge me the transfer fees. I guess it will be more strictly enforced if you transfer the shares out from SCB to CDP. Hope this helps!

StealthNinja

Reaction score
I just executed a sell at 0.57 on scb but average buy price is 0.565 and scb lower my sell price to match buyer for preopening??

Last edited:

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I just executed a sell at 0.57 on scb but average buy price is 0.565 and scb lower my sell price to match buyer for preopening??

I don't think it's possible. What kind of sell order did you use?
The limit order or the stop-loss?

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Yup, a big difference.
Normal sell order or limit sell order will only execute when the price is above that number you set.

Stop loss, is the price where your sell will be triggered, meaning you are ready to sell at all cost at this price and below( BUT!! this low price has a floor, which is set by your lowest selling price) Any price below this lowest selling price would not be executed.

E.g. you wanna sell Singtel, stop loss at 3.95, lowest at 3.93.
In this case, your stop loss will be triggered once singtel price falls to or below 3.95. It will attempt to sell between the price of 3.95-3.93. Let's say singtel falls from 3.96 to 3.92, your order will not be executed.

Why have this? To prevent huge losses.
The standard sell can execute your 3.95 and below already. Meaning, if you die die wanna sell, set a low enough price and it will confirm be sold.
The 'stop loss, lowest' set a floor which if the price fall too much, you would rather hold the share then sell at this lousy price.

sub_07

Reaction score
I put in an order for a stock at 0.315 but bought at 0.310

Is this because seller decided to sell at 0.310 and I am the next closest bidder?

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I put in an order for a stock at 0.315 but bought at 0.310

Is this because seller decided to sell at 0.310 and I am the next closest bidder?

Yes.

It buys equal or at the lowest possible price than your stated price when you use a limit order, the reverse holds true.

When the seller set a lower price, the trade immediately goes through when there is no one offering a same or higher price in the queue in front of you already.

That is to say no one is offering to buy at 0.31, and no one is in front of you in the queue at 0.315. You are the next highest bidder, so you get it.

sub_07

Reaction score
Yes.

It buys equal or at the lowest possible price than your stated price when you use a limit order, the reverse holds true.

When the seller set a lower price, the trade immediately goes through when there is no one offering a same or higher price in the queue in front of you already.

That is to say no one is offering to buy at 0.31, and no one is in front of you in the queue at 0.315. You are the next highest bidder, so you get it.

Thanks.

So in other words if I were to set the selling price to be at 0.315 but the only offer price is 0.310, does this mean that the transacted price will be 0.310 then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.