Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I keep everything. Perhaps you want a record just in case their system went down.
Never tried. Did be nice if you update us if you really did it though.

CandorVet

Reaction score
hi, all.

i was wondering, with some counters, I've queued my buy limit order early in the trading day, the limit is at the market bid.

Notice the market stayed at or around my bid most of the day, and yet my order expired at closing time.

Why would this happen - is it a market characteristic for some counters? Even at the 'right' price (bid) the market didn't get around to filling my order?

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
hi, all.

i was wondering, with some counters, I've queued my buy limit order early in the trading day, the limit is at the market bid.

Notice the market stayed at or around my bid most of the day, and yet my order expired at closing time.

Why would this happen - is it a market characteristic for some counters? Even at the 'right' price (bid) the market didn't get around to filling my order?

Is your buy limit order price at the ask price? If not, u have to queue with other brokerages orders de

bluestone27

Reaction score
Hello, thinking of opening a trading account with SCB but I am unable to fulfil the requirements for the CAR test. I have heard some successfully opened a account just by passing the SGX mcq. Does this still works?

diediex

Reaction score
Untitled.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Price goes to 0.

Does this happen very often on the platform?

And also how long does it take to update the SSA and FCY SSA account remaining available fund on the main scb page after buying stocks? it's been almost a week..

diediex

Reaction score
Hello, thinking of opening a trading account with SCB but I am unable to fulfil the requirements for the CAR test. I have heard some successfully opened a account just by passing the SGX mcq. Does this still works?

The person i went to open scb trading just tell me to tick one of the requirement box and viola i m tru..

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

nope, it doesn't work, it actually depends on the scb staff. By their account, that sgx mcq thing doesn't count(contradictory to all other brokers and by right it should allow you to open a trading account). That's scb's official stand but actually the MCQ is recognized by MAS.

What you can do though is either go to a branch which if you are lucky they just open for you or you smoke them or you really make 6 trades with other brokers.

Untitled.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Price goes to 0.

And also how long does it take to update the SSA and FCY SSA account remaining available fund on the main scb page after buying stocks? it's been almost a week..

This doesn't happens to me in my 3years+ of trading over few hundreds of trades. Best solution is call in and inform them that you can't see the number of shares you have, the price doesn't matter since it's only reflecting current market price.

The second question,
again, calling in. Inform them that your tradings are not updated despite waiting for more than 3 working days.
Again, this is not normal.

spiritGate

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok! I got 6 trades liao, so I need to bring the proof (transaction letters) to show them right? Other than that, do I need to open scb saving account?

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Ok! I got 6 trades liao, so I need to bring the proof (transaction letters) to show them right? Other than that, do I need to open scb saving account?

I passed them my trade paper and let them fill in but maybe the other guy just write it himself.

Anyway, yes, you need a fuss-free Esaver account.
This Esaver got no fees whatsoever, no fall below, no maintanence etc...It's totally free.

Also, when you open the trading account, open all the foreign currency trading account along with it. All of them is free, one shot open all better than next time more trouble when you want it. They are not so helpful to help you open all, usually they won't even mention got other market's account you can open.

Do note, it's FCY SSA account for trading one, not their foreign currency account. If they don't understand, just say you wanna trade in all 13 markets on their
https://www.sc.com/sg/ways-to-bank/online-trading.html
page.

diediex

Reaction score
This doesn't happens to me in my 3years+ of trading over few hundreds of trades. Best solution is call in and inform them that you can't see the number of shares you have, the price doesn't matter since it's only reflecting current market price.

The second question,
again, calling in. Inform them that your tradings are not updated despite waiting for more than 3 working days.
Again, this is not normal.

Haha i blocked out the Qty column for privacy sake. The thing in question is the price of stock being 0.00

spiritGate

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I passed them my trade paper and let them fill in but maybe the other guy just write it himself.

Anyway, yes, you need a fuss-free Esaver account.
This Esaver got no fees whatsoever, no fall below, no maintanence etc...It's totally free.

Also, when you open the trading account, open all the foreign currency trading account along with it. All of them is free, one shot open all better than next time more trouble when you want it. They are not so helpful to help you open all, usually they won't even mention got other market's account you can open.

Do note, it's FCY SSA account for trading one, not their foreign currency account. If they don't understand, just say you wanna trade in all 13 markets on their
https://www.sc.com/sg/ways-to-bank/online-trading.html
page.

No need proof one la. Just list down your counters

Thanks guys, will head down to scb tmr

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Haha i blocked out the Qty column for privacy sake. The thing in question is the price of stock being 0.00

I dunno why that would be the case but if you can, try selling 1 share at market price and see if it can be done. I really don't bother with the price myself but has never seen a 0.00.

diediex

Reaction score
I dunno why that would be the case but if you can, try selling 1 share at market price and see if it can be done. I really don't bother with the price myself but has never seen a 0.00.

Yeah will either call them or sell a share tml. Thx

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Untitled.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Price goes to 0.

It's some weird bug with their London custodian/broker I guess, I have the same issue as you. Just click on the "Quote" and use Real-Time Feeds to get the market price you want to buy/sell. This is why almost everyone who has an SC trading account uses a seperate website/app to track their portfolio.

Last edited:

diediex

Reaction score
It's some weird bug with their London custodian/broker I guess, I have the same issue as you. Just click on the "Quote" and use Real-Time Feeds to get the market price you want to buy/sell. This is why almost everyone who has an SC trading account uses a seperate website/app to track their portfolio.

I see.. It's just scary to see my overall balance dropped suddenly haha

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see.. It's just scary to see my overall balance dropped suddenly haha

No worries lah, mai hiam buay pai lah. cheap trading fees. that's why after a trade is done they send u a hardcopy letter mah, that's the proof of share transaction.

CandorVet

Reaction score
Thanks, Sinkie.
You were right, my order limit was at the Bid price (not Ask), so guess I queued all day, and no joy. I looked at the order type details and didn't realize "Execution is not guaranteed for limit orders", so, can't complain, and learned something new :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.