Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

$warrior

Reaction score
Why the system always down one

The server is in Chennai India (so someone at SCB told me when they had the last breakdown) ..... and the boys there love to tinkle with the programme on Sunday ( when they tell you it is under maintenance). Of course, when they cannot put humpty dumpty together in time for the next day, we experience the system down. Notice how it always seems to be fixed around the late afternoon .... check your time zone... its late morning to early afternoon there.

I cannot understand why they need to tinkle with something that is already working well - they fixed the last system down ..... then cause another one ....

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
The server is in Chennai India (so someone at SCB told me when they had the last breakdown) ..... and the boys there love to tinkle with the programme on Sunday ( when they tell you it is under maintenance). Of course, when they cannot put humpty dumpty together in time for the next day, we experience the system down. Notice how it always seems to be fixed around the late afternoon .... check your time zone... its late morning to early afternoon there.

I cannot understand why they need to tinkle with something that is already working well - they fixed the last system down ..... then cause another one ....

You sure or not? The server is in chennai? I think you are trolling

$warrior

Reaction score
You sure or not? The server is in chennai? I think you are trolling

Give them a call. Be careful of who call trolling. I hardly post on this forum page unless there is something to share.... but I see that its a waste of time.:(

starfish.starfish

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
"Dear Customer, we apologize for the technical difficulties that our Online Equities Trading platform is currently facing. If you would like to place an order, please contact our Online Equities Trading hotline at 1800 242 5333 (+65 6242 5333 from overseas)."

As of 9.46 A.M.

They should name it as investment platform not trading platform. So unstable how to trade on it, cannot fast finger fast leg. Haha!

mcylo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
are you sure of what you are saying?

in this time and age, every single brokerage out there charges this $40++ when using broker-assisted trades

This is OCBC's charges
http://portal.iocbc.com/assets/pdf/ospl/ConsolidatedCommissionCharges.pdf

If you use online trading, yes it's discounted, but if you ask broker to help you buy/sell, every single brokerage is around that range.

Wat i m trying to say most ppl trade online hence no body willing to pay brokage fees of $40

keywin

Reaction score
anyone having any issues with the platform? I can't modify/cancel my orders...

martin

Reaction score
anyone having any issues with the platform? I can't modify/cancel my orders...

I have 3 orders at pending status for more than half an hour. In the meantime, the price has hit my order but nothing is done. Called their hotline they say most likely my order did not get through but nothing can be done. Cannot cancel at my end and at their end they see nothing. Sianz.

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Wah, dunno I'm lucky or what, I rarely have this type of issues. I just bought some counter this morning, did this happened in the afternoon?

lovemyself123

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all noob question here.

basically if i were to hold a US stock with option to receive dividends in the form of stock dividend/scrip dividend, am i able to have this choice if i purchase through SCB? How do i choose this on the trading platform

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.