Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Read le but means what
Means all brokers charge that not just Scb? Also It doesn't means overseas doesn't have those fees...

i think you were confused. SCB do charge clearing fees and gst, just not uniquely. Every broker charges that on top of their min comm.

Last edited:

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Means all brokers charge that not just Scb? Also It doesn't means overseas doesn't have those fees...

i think you were confused. SCB do charge clearing fees and gst, just not uniquely. Every broker charges that on top of their min comm.

Ok now it make senses lol

ironsteel

Reaction score
Does anybody have problems logging into stanchart from time to time? Sometimes after I try to log in, the page just keeps refreshing and nothing loads. Sometimes after I have logged in, I try to navigate and it tells me I need to log in again.

Sent from QWERTY using GAGT

iamverybuaysong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how do i transfer shares from cdp to stanchart ah?

the other day i went down to the branch, they said cannot be done, need approval from the broker i bought the stocks through. I bought it through phillip poems, but the stocks are now in cdp, so why cannot ah

xersion

Master Member
Reaction score

the other day i went down to the branch, they said cannot be done, need approval from the broker i bought the stocks through. I bought it through phillip poems, but the stocks are now in cdp, so why cannot ah

just need to go branch and do the transfer... will took about 3 weeks for it to be port over, meanwhile u cannot sell the shares...
now i think there's a charge for it...

TinyPocoyo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

got transfer in form just fill up and pay the fee can liao.
Find poems also no use, your shares not under their custody.

shareholder

Reaction score
In the business times, SGX will waive ETF clearing fees for both institutional and retail investors for a promotional period of 1 June 2015 to 31 December 2015.

Does this apply to SCB online trading platform also? Anyone with experience, please share. Thank you.

ironsteel

Reaction score
Your account has been locked out...call SCB hotline to reset

Come to think of it, this has happened before. The first time it happened, I was in a hurry to place a trade and I thought my account was compromised. After doing all the resetting and waiting through the lockout period, I could only access my account after the market closed :vijayadmin:

This time I didn't call. Waited 4 hours and it works again :s22: Makes me wary about how secure their system is. Why do they even have to use the endless refreshing page? Lockout just put lockout!

past 2 days i got that EG001 error code, but I can still sell my shares leh :s22::s22::s22:

Couldn't even open my portfolio :(

shareholder

Reaction score
In the business times, SGX will waive ETF clearing fees for both institutional and retail investors for a promotional period of 1 June 2015 to 31 December 2015.

Does this apply to SCB online trading platform also? Anyone with experience, please share. Thank you.
Just checked with SCB hotline, they will compile the ETF trades for the month and reimburse the clearing fees in the following month.

FlameEvil

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sure or not? No gst bcos u non-singaporean? No clearing fee bcos it is not direct market?

Surprising scb don't charge gst and clearing fee except local brokerage

This is really good from scb, absorbing all gst and clearing fee
There is a so called clearing fee on top of the 0.2% exactly total 0.2325% but yeah no gst

Sent from the power of my mind using GAGT

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
There is a so called clearing fee on top of the 0.2% exactly total 0.2325% but yeah no gst

Got GST leh, I checked mine from the letter. Will check again when I'm home.

As I said before, clearing fees and GST is charged by every broker.
The main difference between SCB and other broker is the comm.

E.g. I can buy Starhub 100 shares that cost $405 and be charged only $0.81 for the comm by using SCB while for most other brokers, the min comm is $25... All before adding clearing fees and GST.

Last edited:

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
Got GST. But their calculator doesn't show it I think.

If in doubt, consult your contract note

FlameEvil

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got GST leh, I checked mine from the letter. Will check again when I'm home.

As I said before, clearing fees and GST is charged by every broker.
The main difference between SCB and other broker is the comm.

E.g. I can buy Starhub 100 shares that cost $405 and be charged only $0.81 for the comm by using SCB while for most other brokers, the min comm is $25... All before adding clearing fees and GST.
So its gst against the clearing and comms?

ston12345

Reaction score
I remember the comm first then clearing fees and GST, so likely GST is charged on the top 2 but not sure.

I go home check then post here. =)

Yep thats right!!

Commission (.2%) and Clearing Fee (.0325%) are charged on top of Contract Value (ie. Share Price x No. of Shares).

GST charged on top of Commission and Clearing Fee.

So effectively its [ Contract Value*(0.002325)*1.07 ] for the total amount of extra charges!

jujuhippo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone know how to transfer shares from standard chartered to CDP account?

I search the website like siao cannot find any details on the fees, and how to do it

ston12345

Reaction score
anyone know how to transfer shares from standard chartered to CDP account?

I search the website like siao cannot find any details on the fees, and how to do it

Transfer out charges:$10.70 (inclusive of GST) per 1000 share per counter transferred, up to a cap of $107 (inclusive of GST) per counter; transfer charges may be levied depending on incoming banks.

Probably gotta head down and get their staff to fill in a form!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.