Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Like Tree964Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2015, 08:26 PM   #2956
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just a small small staff nia lahh..
actually i am curious, whats the diff between a trading rep, broker, remisier and dealer? i'm asking because i recently requested to change my broker, and the brokerage firm told me that its not possible to change broker? somehow long and short of it, I eventually managed to change my trading rep, and not the broker or remisier.
Old 08-01-2015, 08:28 PM   #2957
Banned

Just a small small staff nia lahh..
slowly can become big big one, no worries
Old 08-01-2015, 08:30 PM   #2958
Banned

actually i am curious, whats the diff between a trading rep, broker, remisier and dealer? i'm asking because i recently requested to change my broker, and the brokerage firm told me that its not possible to change broker? somehow long and short of it, I eventually managed to change my trading rep, and not the broker or remisier.
those with mas license is called trading representative (TR), it can be a house dealer or a remisier

generally remisier is self employed (do own business)
while house dealer draws a salary from the company (employee)
Old 08-01-2015, 08:38 PM   #2959
High Supremacy Member

ocbc broking fee is how much ?
standard $25 ???
Old 08-01-2015, 08:44 PM   #2960

Just open the trading account and use your normal POSB or UOB for shares payment

Then seperately you can also open a cimb star saver to enjoy the cash upfront trading with shares goes into cdp at 0.18%/$18 buy
hi

At CIMB

If sell before T+3 is how much commission?

If sell after T+3 is how much commission ?
Old 08-01-2015, 08:44 PM   #2961
Arch-Supremacy Member

ocbc broking fee is how much ?
standard $25 ???
$25, bo beh zhao, except for SCB
Old 08-01-2015, 08:51 PM   #2962
Greater Supremacy Member

hi

At CIMB

If sell before T+3 is how much commission?

If sell after T+3 is how much commission ?
Referring to cash upfront?

Before t+3, if u buy with cash upfront, it's buy 0.18% and $18 and sell is 0.18% and min 18

After t+3,u can sell anywhere le, at poems or kimeng etc, selling will be normal rate, 25 min, 0.275% for $50k n below the contract

This applies for Dbsv cashupfront too

Last edited by Sinkie; 09-01-2015 at 12:25 AM..
Old 08-01-2015, 08:53 PM   #2963
Greater Supremacy Member

Because your current broker rejected the transfer
Old 08-01-2015, 09:00 PM   #2964

Before t+3, if u buy with cash upfront, it's buy 0.18% and $18 and sell is 0.18% and min 18

After t+3,u can sell anywhere le, at poems or kimeng etc, selling will be normal rate, 25 min, 0.275% for $50k n below the contract

yes , cash upfront. thanks
Old 08-01-2015, 09:10 PM   #2965

Can someone advise me regarding the CAR review from Standard Chartered.

I have transacted in options for US shares, does this count as a listed Specified Investment Product? Thanks.
Old 08-01-2015, 09:16 PM   #2966
Banned

Can someone advise me regarding the CAR review from Standard Chartered.

I have transacted in options for US shares, does this count as a listed Specified Investment Product? Thanks.
yeah, just put it when filling up the CAR form
Old 08-01-2015, 09:17 PM   #2967
Banned

wow now so good ah 0.18 and go into CDP ah? good leh
dunnoe why OCBC one is custodized... sianz, wish they also is go into CDP too
Old 08-01-2015, 09:25 PM   #2968
Greater Supremacy Member

wow now so good ah 0.18 and go into CDP ah? good leh
dunnoe why OCBC one is custodized... sianz, wish they also is go into CDP too
Because they want to force u to sell the shares here ma
felixleong likes this.
Old 08-01-2015, 09:41 PM   #2969
Banned

Standard Chartered Equity in Asia Close Down: Wait for the news | Investment Moats - Stock Market Investing

Standard Chartered Equity in Asia Close Down: Wait for the news

January 8, 2015 by Kyith Ng 1 Comment

My lazy work day was awoken when a fellow blogger informed me that Standard Charted will be exiting the intuitional cash equities, equity research and equities capital market.

Channel News Asia have an announcement here. This give you an idea how in tune with market news I am. I am really quite passive about it during working hours.

Obviously I am very disappointed if my SCB Online trading is impacted:

It is my main trading platform because there are no minimum commission charges and it is a reason why I consistently have emails asking me why my commission is so low on my portfolio here.
No custodian charges
No dividend handling charges
Assess to various markets

I actually really like the service.

The thing is, even their staff are rather shocked about this news. I think they are more anxious if this will affect their business unit more than anything. The message is very vague but if SCB online trading is making use of the equity capital market, then this will affect the consumers as well.

What I felt after consulting some ex brokers and from call in is that it is likely MAS would arrange an orderly transfer to another custodian, which may or may not be your choosing. The fear is whether there will be transfer charges and it will be catastrophic if there are. Already we are seeing from hardwarezone there are people selling out this morning and afternoon.

As far as we know, it is likely a transfer into CDP there will be a per counter charge and there shouldn’t be a charge levied at SCB Online trading end.

Lets not jump the gun. Lets wait until things becomes clearer.

Already we are seeing from hardwarezone there are people selling out this morning and afternoon.

so today which of u guys sold out? lol
Old 08-01-2015, 09:44 PM   #2970
Greater Supremacy Member

Standard Chartered Equity in Asia Close Down: Wait for the news | Investment Moats - Stock Market Investing

Standard Chartered Equity in Asia Close Down: Wait for the news

January 8, 2015 by Kyith Ng 1 Comment

My lazy work day was awoken when a fellow blogger informed me that Standard Charted will be exiting the intuitional cash equities, equity research and equities capital market.

Channel News Asia have an announcement here. This give you an idea how in tune with market news I am. I am really quite passive about it during working hours.

Obviously I am very disappointed if my SCB Online trading is impacted:

It is my main trading platform because there are no minimum commission charges and it is a reason why I consistently have emails asking me why my commission is so low on my portfolio here.
No custodian charges
No dividend handling charges
Assess to various markets

I actually really like the service.

The thing is, even their staff are rather shocked about this news. I think they are more anxious if this will affect their business unit more than anything. The message is very vague but if SCB online trading is making use of the equity capital market, then this will affect the consumers as well.

What I felt after consulting some ex brokers and from call in is that it is likely MAS would arrange an orderly transfer to another custodian, which may or may not be your choosing. The fear is whether there will be transfer charges and it will be catastrophic if there are. Already we are seeing from hardwarezone there are people selling out this morning and afternoon.

As far as we know, it is likely a transfer into CDP there will be a per counter charge and there shouldn’t be a charge levied at SCB Online trading end.

Lets not jump the gun. Lets wait until things becomes clearer.

Already we are seeing from hardwarezone there are people selling out this morning and afternoon.

so today which of u guys sold out? lol
Wrong, receiving sub da (deposit agent) custodian don't charge, it's the delivering custodian that charges,

cdp only charges 10$ per counter if u transfer back to cdp.

Scb need not close their retailer biz or do anything also, they can just set a $50 min comm, then you will be as good as forced to bear the new charges le as well and yet they need not waive off their transfer fee also

Last edited by Sinkie; 08-01-2015 at 09:59 PM..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.