Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

teckgamer

Reaction score
Need the exact details.
You mean
e.g. you tried to buy a stock which cost SGD$500 with SGD$800 in your SSA and it was rejected?

Yup, it's like that...
edit: turns out my purchasing power is not enough but SSA have enough pai seh haha

Last edited:

FlameEvil

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Quite sure it's right. GST is charged regardless of which broker you choose. Like what hyperbole mentioned, GST is not included in the fees calculator, which is probably why some people have trouble when they transfer exact into the SSA. Your contract note definitely has GST, that I'm pretty sure.
It is right, i trsfer exact amt according to calculator but still rejected so i hav to factor 1.07 that 0.002325 to buy

Sent from the power of my mind using GAGT

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Yup, it's like that...

Wah, I never had that issue. I think you make some purchase which haven't deduct yet, so the number you see can be confusing you. Did you made any trade within a 3 day period prior to this current buy?

endlssorrow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cannot be. Even if u make purchase, u can click on the refresh and that the new amount of your ammo.

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Cannot be. Even if u make purchase, u can click on the refresh and that the new amount of your ammo.

I have tried before, that refresh doesn't update my latest purchase. You can test it again after you made a purchase.

potatoe8

Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification of the GST bit.

I feel its less misleading for them to include GST (or at least mention it) on the online receipt when you make a trade.

Hymnody

Reaction score
Anyone tried accessing the trading platform on iphone ? whichever browser.. I tried safari and chrome, both does not work for me.

VictorvonDoom

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried accessing the trading platform on iphone ? whichever browser.. I tried safari and chrome, both does not work for me.

Me too. There was a post previously but I think it works only for iPad.

http://www.sgx.com/wps/portal/sgxweb/home/products/securities/etfs?utm_source=SGXWeb&utm_medium=banner_950x200&utm_term=20150603&utm_content=MG&utm_campaign=ETF_Clearing_Fee#panelhead3
Anyone bought ETFs through Standard Chartered. If so, is the clearing fees waived?

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
From what I heard scb is in the process of waiving it. Give them a call if you are charged that and see what they can do for recent purchase.

james9195

Reaction score

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
SINGAPORE: Starting on Wednesday (Apr 29), ordinary investors can expect easier access to a wider range of investment products, including several exchange-traded funds (ETFs) listed on the Singapore Exchange (SGX).

The change is in line with broader efforts to expand the range of simple, low-cost investment options available to retail investors, the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) said in a statement.

Previously, all investment funds that used derivatives were classified as Specified Investment Products (SIPs), which can only be sold to retail investors with enhanced safeguards, including an assessment of the investors’ investment knowledge or experience.

But with the change, fund managers will be able to reclassify investment products that make limited use of derivatives and are less complex as Excluded Investment Products (EIPs). Retail investors can access EIPs more easily as financial institutions no longer have to first assess their investment knowledge or experience.

SGX said several ETFs are likely to reclassified as EIP in the next few weeks. This, it said, will provide ordinary investors with a simple and low-cost way of building a well-diversified portfolio.

SGX will also waive ETF clearing fees for both institutional and retail investors from Jun 1 to Dec 31 to further promote the use of this investment product.

ETFs are low-cost investment products that track the performance of an underlying bundle of securities such as the 30 stocks that constitute the Straits Times Index. They can also be used to track the price of gold and other commodities.

Bedokian

Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification of the GST bit.

I feel its less misleading for them to include GST (or at least mention it) on the online receipt when you make a trade.

Not really. There may be situations where a person executing the trade is not liable for GST.

henrysim83

Reaction score
Hi, if I open FCY account (usd) with the bank, is it possible to transfer USD to trading account via Internet banking? Is there any charge?

Is there any charge to deposit usd to FCY account at the bank?

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi, if I open FCY account (usd) with the bank, is it possible to transfer USD to trading account via Internet banking? Is there any charge?

Is there any charge to deposit usd to FCY account at the bank?

Think this has been asked before and it's not possible, but will be happy to know otherwise.

Afaik, they will need to go through esaver to reach the USD FCY SSA.

rotiprata_

Reaction score
is there anyway to trade on mobile phone? I did a search and people were saying view as desktop but i tried it and there was no option for online trading currently.

Keverus

Banned
Reaction score
Think this has been asked before and it's not possible, but will be happy to know otherwise.

Afaik, they will need to go through esaver to reach the USD FCY SSA.
yup.

and the spread they charge is :s22:

lan lan suck thumb. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.