Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Like Tree964Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2015, 11:37 PM   #3046
Supremacy Member

You click the "post to page" lah

But it's still working and not affected, just make sure you have a Cdp account for local shares and a brokerage account like thinkorswim, interactive broker with custodian facilities for foreign shares
Yep yep. I visited their page with mobile site. Yep, I already have CDP on standby the moment I went to create StanChart trading account. Hahaha. Thanks man!
Old 09-01-2015, 11:39 PM   #3047
Supremacy Member

thanks for the info, I guess I'm too used to using market order all this while with another platform. shouldnt have remove that option.
I see! If there's suddenly a big jump/drop from the price that you want to enter, wouldn't it be a shock? Hahaha. Maybe you can write in to them to ask them to implement this?
Old 10-01-2015, 12:04 AM   #3048

I see! If there's suddenly a big jump/drop from the price that you want to enter, wouldn't it be a shock? Hahaha. Maybe you can write in to them to ask them to implement this?
lol, hahaha.. I should start using limit order instead, thank. btw if let say I place an order to sell the stock at a certain price , will the order be there until it have been triggered or will it disappear the next day? one thing I cant see the good till cancelled option when placing the limit order
Old 10-01-2015, 12:10 AM   #3049
Supremacy Member

lol, hahaha.. I should start using limit order instead, thank. btw if let say I place an order to sell the stock at a certain price , will the order be there until it have been triggered or will it disappear the next day? one thing I cant see the good till cancelled option when placing the limit order
If I'm not wrong, should be good for the day only. Troublesome yeah, understand. Hahaha.
Old 10-01-2015, 12:15 AM   #3050

If I'm not wrong, should be good for the day only. Troublesome yeah, understand. Hahaha.
oriite thanks
Old 10-01-2015, 01:35 AM   #3051

I am not sure what will happen to the trading side of SC and our online trading account but guys there nothing afraid to worry about the banking side of SC. In fact, investors confident in SC increases after they announce they will axes their equity business, their stock went up by 1% yesterday.

SC balance sheet is still strong overall and even in the worst case they really go under, being a huge presence bank like SC, UK government will probably bail them out. So I can sleep at night without any worries.
The epitome of human behavior is correctly reflected when we see the panic reactions of those who sold off the shares they held under scb as custodian. These are the ones where they see market shake, they dump all their shares under panic
K|muRa^84 likes this.
Old 10-01-2015, 06:31 AM   #3052
Great Supremacy Member

SCB spokesman say liao. No impact on retail stock trading. Hopefully, no changes too.

Standard Chartered also said that its retail clients will not be affected from the bank's closure of its institutional cash equities, equity research and equities capital market (ECM) business.

"The exit of the institutional equities part will not have an impact on the retail clients in terms of executing any trades in equities," its spokesman said.

- Standard Chartered says Singapore job cuts 'minimal' - Banking News & Top Stories - The Straits Times
felixleong likes this.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:13 AM   #3053

SCB spokesman say liao. No impact on retail stock trading. Hopefully, no changes too.

Standard Chartered also said that its retail clients will not be affected from the bank's closure of its institutional cash equities, equity research and equities capital market (ECM) business.

"The exit of the institutional equities part will not have an impact on the retail clients in terms of executing any trades in equities," its spokesman said.

- Standard Chartered says Singapore job cuts 'minimal' - Banking News & Top Stories - The Straits Times
If scb can suddenly close their equity buz w/o prior warning, can they do the same to their retail customers down the road?
felixleong and Perisher like this.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:19 AM   #3054
Banned

If scb can suddenly close their equity buz w/o prior warning, can they do the same to their retail customers down the road?
good question and well said
Old 10-01-2015, 09:20 AM   #3055
Master Member

Yup. I also wander if bank account,credit card holder sudderenly close down...
Old 10-01-2015, 09:21 AM   #3056
Master Member

What will happen then?
Force sell all our holdings?
Old 10-01-2015, 09:26 AM   #3057
Master Member

What will happen then?
Force sell all our holdings?
For share, you have to transfer to cdp
Old 10-01-2015, 09:26 AM   #3058
Supremacy Member

The epitome of human behavior is correctly reflected when we see the panic reactions of those who sold off the shares they held under scb as custodian. These are the ones where they see market shake, they dump all their shares under panic
This is not human behavior.

This is instinct.

Act cool all u want, one day when they close their trading platform overnight or freeze everyone's portfolio we will see desperation, anger and helplessness all at once.
Perisher likes this.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:51 AM   #3059

Yup, as an etf guy, I would definitely wanna buy more when market drops.
This idea becomes messed up if your shares are under a broker/custodian that is unstable and may chu stunt on you
Perisher likes this.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:54 AM   #3060
Arch-Supremacy Member

This is not human behavior.

This is instinct.

Act cool all u want, one day when they close their trading platform overnight or freeze everyone's portfolio we will see desperation, anger and helplessness all at once.
theres also always a chance that SGX will close down
Perisher likes this.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.