Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
You don't need the app.. Still can use the savings account to transfer funds to settlement account

bencheongcm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys but I sign up dash account few days ago and have a credit of $5 inside account.

I login to my SCB account want to transfer $$ to dash account but under the drop down cannot see any dash account. I even choose to transfer money out of dash account but is not even listed under the drop down.

Am I missing something or still need to wait for SCB to activate account ?

dafaq ?

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
How many days ago you signed up? If you don't see it in the drop down means your account hasn't been set up yet.

The dash wallet is immediate.. The savings account is not

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys but I sign up dash account few days ago and have a credit of $5 inside account.

I login to my SCB account want to transfer $$ to dash account but under the drop down cannot see any dash account. I even choose to transfer money out of dash account but is not even listed under the drop down.

Am I missing something or still need to wait for SCB to activate account ?

dafaq ?

have you received the dash atm card?

bencheongcm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How many days ago you signed up? If you don't see it in the drop down means your account hasn't been set up yet.

The dash wallet is immediate.. The savings account is not

the saving account must be registered over the counter ? or is more then just the app registration ?

Delsamor

Banned
Reaction score
I registered dash account 3-4days ago, until now still don't see it in my scb online banking menu. What I find amazing is, when I sign up dash account, I didn't give them my scb account to link nor did i go over the counter to give them my info...how come dash knows who am I and able to allow me to sign in my scb online banking using this app?

Is there atm card given? The dash account registration is easy and not detailed enough to make me feel that I am opening a saving account. Will go down to the bank personally and ask.

Update: Sorry guys, I just saw this in their website:

*Dash Pay Welcome Bonus Terms and Conditions apply. Click here for full Terms and Conditions.

Your mCash Account is opened instantly while your Dash Easy Savings Account will be opened upon the Bank approval of your application within 3 working days.

Last edited:

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
That's what we've been telling you for the past few days! Need to wait la.

As long as you gave your IC number then they know who you are la. Every bank I know can link accounts or credit cards to internet banking automatically

Delsamor

Banned
Reaction score
That's what we've been telling you for the past few days! Need to wait la.

As long as you gave your IC number then they know who you are la. Every bank I know can link accounts or credit cards to internet banking automatically

I see i see, very new to this app thingy. But then I noticed that there are 2 products for different registration:

1. mcash (mwallet)
2. easy (saving account)

I realized that I only registered for mcash and not easy saving account, I think I better just go to the branch and do it. This app thing too complicated for old man to understand :(

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I see i see, very new to this app thingy. But then I noticed that there are 2 products for different registration:

1. mcash (mwallet)
2. easy (saving account)

I realized that I only registered for mcash and not easy saving account, I think I better just go to the branch and do it. This app thing too complicated for old man to understand :(

easy saving as in esaver?
Or this?
https://www.sc.com/pk/save/savings-easy-saver.html

You don't need the above actually.

Dash acount is all you need. You don't even need the app if you find it hard to use.

Delsamor

Banned
Reaction score
easy saving as in esaver?
Or this?
https://www.sc.com/pk/save/savings-easy-saver.html

You don't need the above actually.

Dash acount is all you need. You don't even need the app if you find it hard to use.

Hi,

I'm referring to the Dash easy saving account without the fall below fee one, not the e$saver account with fall below fee (wef. aug).

I just called the bank, and apparently there was a loophole. When user downloaded the app follow through their registration for Dash account (standalone), they cannot apply for Dash easy saving account anymore. I was advised to cancel my Dash account (standalone), and apply for the Dash easy saving account. Yes it sound confused and not logical, but that was what the bank staff told me.

So guys, if you want to open Dash easy saving account, dont do it using the app because it directs you to the standalone singtel wallet account. Just go to the website that clearly tells you it's Dash + easy saving account. If this is confusing, just go to the bank.

Now, with a Dash account, I am not able to open the Dash saving account. Bummer.

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm referring to the Dash easy saving account without the fall below fee one, not the e$saver account with fall below fee (wef. aug).

I just called the bank, and apparently there was a loophole. When user downloaded the app follow through their registration for Dash account (standalone), they cannot apply for Dash easy saving account anymore. I was advised to cancel my Dash account (standalone), and apply for the Dash easy saving account. Yes it sound confused and not logical, but that was what the bank staff told me.

So guys, if you want to open Dash easy saving account, dont do it using the app because it directs you to the standalone singtel wallet account. Just go to the website that clearly tells you it's Dash + easy saving account. If this is confusing, just go to the bank.

Now, with a Dash account, I am not able to open the Dash saving account. Bummer.

What's the benefits of having the Dash saving account? With the standalone app, transfers can be made to your own Stanchart accounts too right?

bencheongcm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

But I assume if you go to the bank and do it over the counter they can sort it out right ? I am in the same state as you right now if what you are is true.

naro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What's the benefits of having the Dash saving account? With the standalone app, transfers can be made to your own Stanchart accounts too right?
Dash Savings Account offer 0.5% p.a interest rate.

martin

Reaction score
Question for those who trade different markets and different currencies.

So far, I only trade USD counters and so I have a FCY securities account in USD. Today, i decide to add a few more currencies so I went to the bank and tell them I want to trade in GBP, HKD and also AUD, just set up once and for all to save further hassle in the future.

What puzzles me is whether the RM did it correctly for me. She seems new. She said I am adding markets. But in my mind, i already had all those markets in my drop down menu when I place my order. What I need are additional FCY securities account in AUD, HKD and GBP. Am I right to say when I log in, I should see multiple FCY securities trading accounts?

Also, despite trading with them for more than a year, I still need to fill up the CAR form again?

Not sure if she did it right.

naro

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

So far, I only trade USD counters and so I have a FCY securities account in USD. Today, i decide to add a few more currencies so I went to the bank and tell them I want to trade in GBP, HKD and also AUD, just set up once and for all to save further hassle in the future.

What puzzles me is whether the RM did it correctly for me. She seems new. She said I am adding markets. But in my mind, i already had all those markets in my drop down menu when I place my order. What I need are additional FCY securities account in AUD, HKD and GBP. Am I right to say when I log in, I should see multiple FCY securities trading accounts?

Also, despite trading with them for more than a year, I still need to fill up the CAR form again?

yes. thats what i did.

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

There is a form to fill in and boxes to tick and sign. Currency does not necessarily equal market. One example is Euro, just because you have Euro SSA does not mean that you can trade in all the Euro markets automatically. (I have Euro SSA but only access to London stocks). And yes, that form to access new markets/currencies also has a CAR section, but the RM just ticked everything ok and moved on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.