Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

earthyblue

Master Member
Reaction score
I don't know how scb internet banking works

But if lets say I and my father has a joint account, so am I right I have to login to my father Internet banking account to trade for him or do I and my father has a shared Internet online account login? If so, that could be illegal too

My scenario is exactly the same.
I hold a joint scb foreign currency account with my mother.

However, the foreign currency settlement account is under my name. My mother's name is not in it and she does not have any mails regarding contract note or settlement sent to her because it's under my name only

The online trading account is also under my name. My mother's name is not in it and she does not have any mails regarding trading being sent to her because it's under my name only.

The only account that has her name is the joint savings account.

So work backwards and think backwards, savings account is not equal to trading account.

chiamt02

Reaction score
Aiya, peace lah. stop quarrelling on this thread can?

Does anyone know if trading through SCB and they being custodian to the shares, are we still retaining the voting rights / rights to attend the AGM of the company we have vested interest in?

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't know how scb internet banking works

But if lets say I and my father has a joint account, so am I right I have to login to my father Internet banking account to trade for him or do I and my father has a shared Internet online account login? If so, that could be illegal too

i have joint savings but i dont have joint trading account. what i know is any of the joint can login. so since trading account is not a separate login, i suspect both can trade though ownerships are separate.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Aiya, peace lah. stop quarrelling on this thread can?

Does anyone know if trading through SCB and they being custodian to the shares, are we still retaining the voting rights / rights to attend the AGM of the company we have vested interest in?

did you bother to read this thread?

answer is NO.

chiamt02

Reaction score
did you bother to read this thread?

answer is NO.

I did bother to read. But was distracted by the bickering. Anyway I called up SCB and ask, and apparently still got voting rights and can attend AGM. Seems like its not a NOOO.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I did bother to read. But was distracted by the bickering. Anyway I called up SCB and ask, and apparently still got voting rights and can attend AGM. Seems like its not a NOOO.

Good then if its true. Make sure you note down the person id that you spoke to.

lionelow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

We already know its a NOOO.... cause SCB is holding your shares not CDP.

h.y.o.m

Reaction score
With the MF Global saga, how safe and protected for consumers?

Shares deposited with CDP is definitely safer than shares held by a nominee. The higher risk is compensated by SCB's lower commission.

I am less worried if the nominee is a bank than a brokerage firm. My cash savings are deposited with a bank anyway. So, this risk cannot be completely avoided anyway.

skymusic72

Banned
Reaction score
Saw SCB promotion for transferring stocks from your CDP to SCB trading platform. $25 voucher for every 25k worth of stock, up to $100 voucher.

Seem like not bad. Anyone keen?

Litmuss

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's been more than a month since I applied for SCB account. Do I have to transfer money to my Esaver to "activate" it?

donald83

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone using this SC platform already? How do you find it when compared to other local brokerages? If i want to transfer my shares from CDP to SC, who will do the transfer for me? SC or my previous local broker?

athletic91

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I dunno if there is a system error ..

I clearly have 4 lots of sembmarine in my stock portfolio.but im able to sell it with the error Insufficient stock holdings. (Msg Code: 1126)

these shares were bought yesterday.

Could it be that i have to wait till T+2 before i can sell?

blackie83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Call the broker ask lor.

Anyone have idea how long it takes to transfer share?

h.y.o.m

Reaction score
Could it be that i have to wait till T+2 before i can sell?

No, you do not need to wait. You should be able to sell immediately after you buy. Please call the broker immediately. Something is not right.

bardsmanship

Reaction score
In cases of rights issues, will CDP still send unitholders instructions on what to do if the units are with StanChart?

Just asking because one of the REITs I'm vested in announced a rights issue in a circular to unitholders several weeks ago, but till now I haven't received it in mail, nor any information on how to subscribe / sell / purchase the rights. And nil-paid rights are already trading in the open market!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.