Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaara1989

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys. just a small qn. i notice that when i buy and sell something at the same price. the amount i have inside the security account like doesnt tally.

For eg, balance is 1000.
i bot something at 100 + $3 commission. then i sold at same price. $100 + $3 commission. The balance inside my account after i buy and sell should be $1000 - $6 = $994 right? but how come when i click on the available money inside show as ard 988. :s11: they overcharge me isit? :s11:

natsuoto

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys. just a small qn. i notice that when i buy and sell something at the same price. the amount i have inside the security account like doesnt tally.

For eg, balance is 1000.
i bot something at 100 + $3 commission. then i sold at same price. $100 + $3 commission. The balance inside my account after i buy and sell should be $1000 - $6 = $994 right? but how come when i click on the available money inside show as ard 988. :s11: they overcharge me isit? :s11:

I thought no commission?

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

For eg, balance is 1000.

What's the price you purchased at? There are a few charges but overall should not be far away from the share price*number of shares*0.2%.

I thought no commission?

No minimum commission isn't no commission...

natsuoto

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What's the price you purchased at? There are a few charges but overall should not be far away from the share price*number of shares*0.2%.

No minimum commission isn't no commission...

Icic thanks.. Didnt know about these comm thingy

Immortal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmmm.. Bought some shares afew days ago but noticed my settlement acct balance never go down...

Normal..? Or it already includes the value of the stocks that I'm holding..?

Like that cannot see available funds leh..

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hmmm.. Bought some shares afew days ago but noticed my settlement acct balance never go down...

Normal..? Or it already includes the value of the stocks that I'm holding..?

Like that cannot see available funds leh..

You can try clicking the refresh available fund when you try to place a trade, it appears on the right side of the screen.

Funds are not immediately updated for buy/sell.

Meaning, if you buy a stock, your fund is immediately decreased but not updated so you cannot use that fund anymore.
On the other hand, if you sell a stock, your fund is immediately increased but not updated so you still can use it to buy immediately.

All transaction will be updated 3 days after transaction.

Immortal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can try clicking the refresh available fund when you try to place a trade, it appears on the right side of the screen.

Funds are not immediately updated for buy/sell.

Meaning, if you buy a stock, your fund is immediately decreased but not updated so you cannot use that fund anymore.
On the other hand, if you sell a stock, your fund is immediately increased but not updated so you still can use it to buy immediately.

All transaction will be updated 3 days after transaction.

thanks lol.. finally found the button :s13::s13::s13:

Aloylaptop

Reaction score
Hi guys, I just opened an account with standard chartered last Saturday, I am a newbie here. So along with the new esavers n online trading account they created for me, do I have to apply for the CDP account myself? Or it's already processed by them. Thanks!

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I just opened an account with standard chartered last Saturday, I am a newbie here. So along with the new esavers n online trading account they created for me, do I have to apply for the CDP account myself? Or it's already processed by them. Thanks!

SCB won't help you to set up cdp account cos the shares you buy with SCB won't go into cdp

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Don't think they opened for you. Go and open when you are free, very useful for many things like ipo, bonds, ssb etc... It's free and can be open with any broker.

GorillaKing

Reaction score
is it wise for me to use SCB to buy US (NASDAQ) stocks?

I looking at buying some US Stocks, wonder are they any other avenues.

Also, when placing a trade using SCB to buy US stocks, they will do the currency conversion right? based on their rates.

tks for the help guys

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is it wise for me to use SCB to buy US (NASDAQ) stocks?

I looking at buying some US Stocks, wonder are they any other avenues.

Also, when placing a trade using SCB to buy US stocks, they will do the currency conversion right? based on their rates.

tks for the help guys
Yeah sure why not? Cheapest access to US markets

Yes but you have to convert before buying, which is a little bit more troublesome.

Sent from Sony D5833 using GAGT

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
The alternative is interactive brokers, will post a thread link when I'm free. :)

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do I have to do the conversion before I buy? Or I can just place the trade in SGD and they will do the conversion?

Must convert to USD before buying - simply transfer cash from any SGD account to the Securities Settlement USD account. They will quote you before confirming the transaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.