HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Like Tree964Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-01-2015, 12:28 AM   #3346
Arch-Supremacy Member

Cause I got my cimb account approved eventually . Main reason is the shares being in the banks holding rather than the cdp that I don't like.

Cimb has cash trading too and the shares are in cdp so I am more comfortable with that.

Old 30-01-2015, 12:36 AM   #3347
Supremacy Member

Do not be mistaken by the 'SECURITIES TRADING ACCOUNT', that one is just a estimate of how much you have invested, you can't touch that non-existent account.
Yup, the securities trading account is useless and only shows the rough value of your portfolio.
Old 30-01-2015, 12:42 AM   #3348
Great Supremacy Member

Cause I got my cimb account approved eventually . Main reason is the shares being in the banks holding rather than the cdp that I don't like.

Cimb has cash trading too and the shares are in cdp so I am more comfortable with that.
Well, it works out for me since I diversified a lot, so I saved a ton of fees on all those 100s of small trades. If I make big trades, will consider using my ocbc account.
Old 30-01-2015, 01:35 AM   #3349

Have to go to the branch I think
you have to go down to the branch
U should have open it at the branch when u apply for online trading?
Btw, one shot open every market, don't just limit to US market, in case you wanna trade other market next time. It's all free.
oh man...now regret not opening on all on the spot. anyway I applied for equities trading online since I have scb account.
Old 30-01-2015, 02:47 AM   #3350

anyone using this to buy US shares?

actually quite bo hua right? cos other broker like etrade, thinkOrSwim, interactive brokers. has lower cost per trade? like $8 $10 per trade.

while SCB charges by %%%. so theres no higer limit..

anything im missing?
Old 30-01-2015, 03:02 AM   #3351
Great Supremacy Member

anyone using this to buy US shares?

actually quite bo hua right? cos other broker like etrade, thinkOrSwim, interactive brokers. has lower cost per trade? like $8 $10 per trade.

while SCB charges by %%%. so theres no higer limit..

anything im missing?
I think u misunderstood, SCB is cheaper than those you mentioned precisely cause it count by %, no minimum fees.

The others will charge more per trade after the minimum fees, depending on size too and no higher limit too. Minimum fees is just that, the minimum you have to pay to trade. Once your purchase price is big enough, over their min, they will charge you by % too.
Old 30-01-2015, 09:58 AM   #3352

U should have open it at the branch when u apply for online trading?
Btw, one shot open every market, don't just limit to US market, in case you wanna trade other market next time. It's all free.
Question.. When u open one, u don't need to open and maintain a USD account with minimum us$2k?
Thus was what I was told. Wanna confirm if the guy was bluffing me.
Old 30-01-2015, 10:03 AM   #3353
Supremacy Member

Question.. When u open one, u don't need to open and maintain a USD account with minimum us$2k?
You're opening the account from where? Singapore? Don't need minimum balance if you're using e$aver.
greddy88 likes this.
Old 30-01-2015, 10:12 AM   #3354
Great Supremacy Member

No minimum. The guy either too lazy to serve you or is clueless.
Maybe he think you are opening multi-currency account? Did you tell him it's for trading?

Open a esaver account is correct, but your USD settlement account for TRADING is not subject to any fall below fee or maintenance fee.

Btw, if you are opening for one might as well open all the market, every single one of the FCY securities settlement account is free.

To be damn sure he is not confused, show him this site and tell him this is what you want to trade
https://www.sc.com/sg/ways-to-bank/online-trading.html
greddy88 likes this.

Last edited by Perisher; 30-01-2015 at 10:14 AM..
Old 30-01-2015, 10:16 AM   #3355
Supremacy Member

Unless you specifically said that you wanted a USD savings account. Then of course that will fall under another category. Which most probably will need a minimum balance in that account.

Otherwise, you shouldn't need minimum balance for e$aver in SGD
Old 30-01-2015, 10:17 AM   #3356
Supremacy Member

No minimum. The guy either too lazy to serve you or is clueless.
Maybe he think you are opening multi-currency account? Did you tell him it's for trading?

Open a esaver account is correct, but your USD settlement account for TRADING is not subject to any fall below fee or maintenance fee.

Btw, if you are opening for one might as well open all the market, every single one of the FCY securities settlement account is free.

To be damn sure he is not confused, show him this site and tell him this is what you want to trade
https://www.sc.com/sg/ways-to-bank/online-trading.html
Yes, these information should be accurate.
greddy88 likes this.
Old 30-01-2015, 03:54 PM   #3357
Banned

DBS
Old 30-01-2015, 04:12 PM   #3358
Great Supremacy Member

haha, ya heard the ceo is replacing, hopefully no changes, business as usual for us here.
Old 30-01-2015, 04:52 PM   #3359
Supremacy Member

Wah, but I thought the CEO had announced that he have plans to turnaround?
Old 30-01-2015, 05:07 PM   #3360

Thanks guys.
I think he was more interested to sell me Blackwater and what Eastspring unit trusts than doing what I originally asked for.

That's one of the reason I hate talking to so-called 'relationship' managers. Machiam like vultures waiting to cannibalize your accounts.
Perisher likes this.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.