HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Like Tree964Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2015, 01:53 AM   #3421
Master Member

is the price of the shares you hold in your portfolio glitchy?

Under Portfolio it shows correct quantity, but price looks wrong? The price reflected is current price or the price at which you purchased? (It is not correct for me either way)

Last edited by EvilPaladin; 07-02-2015 at 01:55 AM..
Old 07-02-2015, 04:14 AM   #3422
Great Supremacy Member

Current market closing price. Updated usually awhile after market closes. Check it on Saturday if you mean the prices of the local counters. Should be correct. Even if not correct, it doesn't really matter because that number doesn't do anything. You can still sell your counter at market price no matter what that number says.
Old 07-02-2015, 12:05 PM   #3423
Master Member

Current market closing price. Updated usually awhile after market closes. Check it on Saturday if you mean the prices of the local counters. Should be correct. Even if not correct, it doesn't really matter because that number doesn't do anything. You can still sell your counter at market price no matter what that number says.
edit: thank you Sir. i saw the disclaimer below

Last edited by EvilPaladin; 07-02-2015 at 12:13 PM..
Old 07-02-2015, 04:45 PM   #3424
Master Member

Is there a way to set the expiry date of my limit order? It expires everyday if the price is not met.
Old 07-02-2015, 04:51 PM   #3425
Greater Supremacy Member

Is there a way to set the expiry date of my limit order? It expires everyday if the price is not met.
Use a gtm "good till month" limit order
Old 07-02-2015, 04:58 PM   #3426
Great Supremacy Member

I wish. I also wish for trailing stop too...
Btw, that kind of order is GTD GTM...

SCB being a cheap brokerage doesn't have any advance features.
Old 07-02-2015, 05:37 PM   #3427
Greater Supremacy Member

I wish. I also wish for trailing stop too...
Btw, that kind of order is GTD GTM...

SCB being a cheap brokerage doesn't have any advance features.
It's a long dated order, I thought Scb has it?
Old 07-02-2015, 05:41 PM   #3428
Great Supremacy Member

It's a long dated order, I thought Scb has it?
Nope. Didn't see it anywhere. Did anyone found it?
Old 07-02-2015, 06:02 PM   #3429

Nope. Didn't see it anywhere. Did anyone found it?
SCB orders only last for a day, sadly
Perisher likes this.
Old 08-02-2015, 03:51 PM   #3430
Supremacy Member

If I have US$ funds with another bank, can I deposit a US$ cheque into my settlement account?
Old 08-02-2015, 04:24 PM   #3431
Great Supremacy Member

Afaik, it's not possible. I remember someone told me one way to transfer USD is to buy US stock using another brokerage which presumably has better FX rate or accept USD, transfer the stock to SCB, sell the stock, tada, USD.
wahkao3 likes this.
Old 08-02-2015, 06:05 PM   #3432
Master Member

experts, understand that this has been asked many times, but does anyone has the relevant paragraph in the SCB agreement on what are the scenarios in which we would not get back stocks in custody?

how true is the beneficial owner thing, that even if liquidate, the shares are safe from creditors?
wahkao3 likes this.
Old 08-02-2015, 11:02 PM   #3433
Banned

If you mean scb trading account, $0 maintenance cost... I have open all 13-4 market, and most of them have $0 inside. Esaver also $0 maintainence cost as I often shift my $$ to ocbc 360 for months if not in use. Don't listen to rumours from people who never used before.
True, but e-saver must maintain $10 inside. If you have $350 and you want to xfer all to ur UOB/DBS/OCBC account, you cant. you can only xfer $340. just a minor correction, fyi.
wahkao3 likes this.
Old 08-02-2015, 11:13 PM   #3434
Great Supremacy Member

True, but e-saver must maintain $10 inside. If you have $350 and you want to xfer all to ur UOB/DBS/OCBC account, you cant. you can only xfer $340. just a minor correction, fyi.
Don't smoke me leh, I always have $0 to $0.10 inside every few months.

'With the e$aver account, your savings work harder so you can focus on living life to the fullest. From now till 31 March 2015, enjoy up to 1.35% p.a. interest, no lock-in period and no minimum deposit, when you bring in incremental fresh funds* (compared to October 2014‘s average daily balance). Start getting more from your savings today.'

Read the link here.
https://www.sc.com/sg/save/saving-esaver.html

It clearly states Minimum average daily balance $0
(Note: If account is in S$0 balance for 6 consecutive months, it will be closed automatically)

Fall-below fee $0

Benefits

No minimum deposit
No minimum balance
No fixed term

You sure you got use or not?
Old 08-02-2015, 11:15 PM   #3435
Arch-Supremacy Member

experts, understand that this has been asked many times, but does anyone has the relevant paragraph in the SCB agreement on what are the scenarios in which we would not get back stocks in custody?

how true is the beneficial owner thing, that even if liquidate, the shares are safe from creditors?
On paper it's covered by the T&C and in theory should work, but it has never been tested before.

In practice, what SCB does is they will employ another company to be the custodian for us. Those who have done share transfers would know, as the name of the custodian company which they contracted with is printed onto the notice of share transfer letter when the transfer is done.

Given that other brokerage houses also run custodian accounts, I would think it's more or less similar lah. And to add on to that, if Apple could survive without Steve Jobs, what more a bank?
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.