Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Either you (a) transfer to CDP and sell the odd lots with POEMS, CIMB or Lim & Tan (the 3 are the only ones that provide odd-lot selling/buying), or (b) you buy from the odd lot market with POEMS/CIMB/L&T and transfer the shares from CDP to SCB.

RedSlayer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Either you (a) transfer to CDP and sell the odd lots with POEMS, CIMB or Lim & Tan (the 3 are the only ones that provide odd-lot selling/buying), or (b) you buy from the odd lot market with POEMS/CIMB/L&T and transfer the shares from CDP to SCB.
Omg so troublesome.
Thanks for the reply. Maybe I will leave it there though its a bit annoying to see a few shares left.

Sent from here using GAGT

Uramasa

Reaction score
my SCB trading account is ready, and how do I start trading using SBC platform? and any idea on which account should I transfer to?

Note: I only register to trade in SGX exchange stock market

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my SCB trading account is ready, and how do I start trading using SBC platform? and any idea on which account should I transfer to?

erm. just login to SCB lor. there is a menu option on the left, select "Online Trading".

To transfer the cash needed for buying/selling, you need to transfer to your "SECURITES SETTLEMENT ACCOUNT SGD" from your other savings accounts in SCB.

Uramasa

Reaction score
erm. just login to SCB lor. there is a menu option on the left, select "Online Trading".

To transfer the cash needed for buying/selling, you need to transfer to your "SECURITES SETTLEMENT ACCOUNT SGD" from your other savings accounts in SCB.

thanks, man.
I was directed to a different page when I clicked "Online Trading" yesterday. I guess my account is fully ready now.

btw Do I need to have a balance of $1,000 in my "SECURITES SETTLEMENT ACCOUNT" beforehand, in-order for me to purchase $1,000 worth of stock?

or

I can purchase stock with $1 in my settlement account and I'll transfer the remaining money after I order the stocks that I wanted to buy? if yes, may I know what is the window period for this?

btw I have handful of "FCY SECURITIES SETTLEMENT ACCOUNT" listed under my account, what is this account for?

Thank you

Last edited:

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
thanks, man.
I was directed to a different page when I clicked "Online Trading" yesterday. I guess my account is fully ready now.

btw Do I need to have a balance of $1,000 in my "SECURITES SETTLEMENT ACCOUNT" beforehand, in-order for me to purchase $1,000 worth of stock?

or

I can purchase stock with $1 in my settlement account and I'll transfer the remaining money after I order the stocks that I wanted to buy? if yes, may I know what is the window period for this?

btw I have handful of "FCY SECURITIES SETTLEMENT ACCOUNT" listed under my account, what is this account for?

Thank you

You need more than 1000 transferred into your settlement account if you want to buy 1000 bucks worth of stocks. There are commissions, gst, clearing fees etc

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
thanks, man.

You need more than $1000, still need to pay for commission... Just use whatever amount you are planning to buy *0.2% and add on a dollar and you will be safe. The amount required is usually displayed before you click confirm. And if you don't have enough $$, they will reject the trade.

or

no.

Thank you
That means you have more than just SGX, you have all the other market as well. If you want to trade in them, you need to fund them using foreign currency that you need to exchange using SGD. The exchange rate is bad in SCB though.

Initiatives

Reaction score

When did you open the trading account. Went down to bedok branch last Sat to open esavers account and trading account. Till bow never receive anything from scb.

Uramasa

Reaction score
any mobile app. to trade rather than login to their online banking?
I checked Breeze does not have this kinda of feature

compaq6

Reaction score
Hi,All I am new to SCB online,can buy call/put warrants in hongkong markets?
Thanks

Last edited:

compaq6

Reaction score
I mean any one able to trade any put/call warrants list in hongkong exchange on this SCB online trading platform?
Thank you.

Indels

Reaction score
Any bros out there are using the Dash Easy Saving Account for your SCB online trading? This account don't need to maintain minimum money...

http://www.dash.com.sg/dash-easy.html

I don't want to use their normal saving account as need to maintain 1k in the bank... :(

wanted to know if you got encounter any problem using this dash account...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.