Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Any bros out there are using the Dash Easy Saving Account for your SCB online trading? This account don't need to maintain minimum money...

http://www.dash.com.sg/dash-easy.html

I don't want to use their normal saving account as need to maintain 1k in the bank... :(

wanted to know if you got encounter any problem using this dash account...

I have both, no issue with whichever account to fund trading account.

Initiatives

Reaction score
Ish true. Maybe abit less. And that time i can get esavers login on the spot. The letter for traading acc can be two three days late. Just keep trying daily the online trading function. If can enter means can use liao, no need wait letter.

ya. I just called their hot-line then can liao. But online trading still cannot.

Last edited:

macateer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Your future you would thank you if you are long term investor. Can start with ES3.

Bro Perisher,

Firstly, big congrats on your promotion to moderator.

Need your advice on some SCB Dash account stuff.

My dash savings account will be activated in a week's time. Currently, i have my e$aver and 2 trade accounts (US and SIN). Once my dash account is activated, i was planning to close my e$aver because of the min sum thingy. Here are the questions:

1. Can i transfer funds from my e$aver to Dash account?
2. Once the fund transfer is done, can i close the e$aver account online (any charges)? or do i need to go down to SCB personally? FYI, my SCB account was open at Nex branch.
3. Will my Dash account be automatically linked to my trading accounts (US and SIN)?

Thanks in advance and looking forward to your reply :)

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Bro Perisher,

My dash savings account will be activated in a week's time. Currently, i have my e$aver and 2 trade accounts (US and SIN). Once my dash account is activated, i was planning to close my e$aver because of the min sum thingy. Here are the questions:

2. Once the fund transfer is done, can i close the e$aver account online (any charges)? or do i need to go down to SCB personally? FYI, my SCB account was open at Nex branch.
3. Will my Dash account be automatically linked to my trading accounts (US and SIN)?

1. Yes
2. Not sure, I have never closed any account with SCB so far.
Maybe someone else can answer you.
3. All accounts are together when you log in. They are not exactly linked/unlinked but just under the same username.

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
Bro Perisher,

you can't close the account online, you need to go to any scb branch to do it.

macateer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1. Yes
2. Not sure, I have never closed any account with SCB so far.
Maybe someone else can answer you.
3. All accounts are together when you log in. They are not exactly linked/unlinked but just under the same username.

you can't close the account online, you need to go to any scb branch to do it.

Thanks bros!

Bro hyper, any charges if i were to close my e$aver account?

AbsolutelyNot

Reaction score
No charges for closing. Just make sure transfer every single cent out to dash before you close

When I went to open my e$aver account last week, the bank officer said that if I close the account before 6 months is up, there will be extra charges (I think $30). After 6 months then no charge.

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Do i need a standard chartered savings account or something to open a trading account with SCB?

Yes. Either a esaver or a dash account.

Esaver has a fall below fee for account under $1k ADB. Early closure has a fee as well.
Edit: no need early closure fees wor.
https://www.sc.com/sg/save/saving-esaver.html

Dash account need to go to PS branch to open. Forgot if can apply online.
No min deposit required.

Last edited:

makav31i

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes. Either a esaver or a dash account.

Esaver has a fall below fee for account under $1k ADB. Early closure has a fee as well.
Edit: no need early closure fees wor.
https://www.sc.com/sg/save/saving-esaver.html

Dash account need to go to PS branch to open. Forgot if can apply online.
No min deposit required.

Dash account I applied online...I got a phone line with Singtel maybe that's why...I never need to come down to sign anything and they never called me to ask for more information... That was my first account with SCB...I was only asked to come down to sign some papers when I open a trading account...

Weaboo

Honorary Member
Reaction score
how do i buy stocks denominated in other currencies? do i move some money to that settlement account (eg GBP) & they will convert the currency from SGD to GBP for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.