Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I really want to open a Standard Chartered account, but I'm not yet 21. What's the best way to buy small amounts of etf for someone who's 18 years old?

POSB InvestSaver, OCBC BCIP or POEMS ShareBuilder for you.

Soul77

Reaction score
Just curious, can you find VWRD in the SCB Online Trading Search for LSE?
I can't find it. Only VWRL available.

The guy here seems to be able to choose VWRD on the SCB platform...
http://www.turtleinvestor.net/establishing-bogleheads-3-fund-portfolio-singapore/

Or did SCB recently change? there seems to be different though, I saw (LSE SETS) on my account, while the guy above has (LSE) on his account.

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm seems like we can do FX on Saturdays liao!

Funds Transfers involving foreign currency can only be effected on Monday to Friday from 9.30am to 8pm and on Saturday from 9.30am to 1pm. Excluded Sunday & Public Holiday.

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just curious, can you find VWRD in the SCB Online Trading Search for LSE?
I can't find it. Only VWRL available.

The guy here seems to be able to choose VWRD on the SCB platform...
http://www.turtleinvestor.net/establishing-bogleheads-3-fund-portfolio-singapore/

Or did SCB recently change? there seems to be different though, I saw (LSE SETS) on my account, while the guy above has (LSE) on his account.

Hi,

Yup, it's not possible to search, but you can place an order with that counter. Think their quote system screwy, some securities can show, others can't. Best to rely on another site to get realtime quotes (Google Finance perhaps?) and then enter your order.

Un1ver5e

Reaction score

coloumbiaGames

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
With regards to the e$aver account which SCB requires us to open - their FAQ says there is no minimum balance that needs to be maintained, but their main page shows a minimum average daily balance of $1000, with a fall below fee of $5 per month?

Which is correct? Can I just leave $1 in the account?

https://www.sc.com/sg/save/saving-esaver.html

https://www.sc.com/sg/help-centre/faqs-save.html
No,
Since August it has changed to min $1000 average daily balance.

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Min $1000 is the correct one.
Otherwise, just open a dash account and close esaver.

macateer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dash acct comes with atm card too. The card is quite cute. Most importantly is there's no min sum. That is for now, don't know after they have achieved enough sign-ups, things may change. Like e$aver previously.

Denierx

Reaction score
Currently I have a DASH savings account. If I want to open a foreign currency account to deposit USD, does that means I will need to open a e$saver ?

martin

Reaction score
This MAIN monthly dividend is becoming a real hassle. By default is take shares, so if you want cash must call up every month to let them know. I didn't get their SMS informing of this corporate action and by the time the letter arrive, i have missed the deadline. Damn irritating. And they don't allow me to give a standing instruction to take cash every month in future.

Kippoer

Reaction score
hi, I'm trying to open scb account but got no cert or experience for the CAR, still can approve?

BTW, what is Dash acc?

Thanks

linxiaobei

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, I'm trying to open scb account but got no cert or experience for the CAR, still can approve?

BTW, what is Dash acc?

Thanks
Can. Anything is possible. But are you sure that you are equipped enough to know how the stock market works?

Or you can open accounts with other brokerages and fulfill the 6 trades before opening with SCB?

Sent from Sun using GAGT

Kippoer

Reaction score
Can. Anything is possible. But are you sure that you are equipped enough to know how the stock market works?

Or you can open accounts with other brokerages and fulfill the 6 trades before opening with SCB?

Sent from Sun using GAGT

I done few trades with iocbc but don't think it is under SIP.

Please also enlighten me what is dash acct? only manage to find esaver in their web site. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.