Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

chowck

Reaction score
$2 only for both entitlement + excess rts.

No refund even if not allotted any excess shares.

Which bank ATM you use that they refunded you the unallocated excess? That's very interesting.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need to pay $2 for the ATM service. But I am refunded the $2 along with the excess rights that was not allocated subsequently so can be considered no fee. If didn't subscribe for excess rights, not sure if $2 will still be refunded.

i see. it has been a long time since i last exercised by rights from ATM. :s13:

Jazzbie

Reaction score
$2 only for both entitlement + excess rts.

No refund even if not allotted any excess shares.

Which bank ATM you use that they refunded you the unallocated excess? That's very interesting.
Unallocated excess will definitely be refunded. Just that surprised that $2 more was refunded which I assumed was for the atm fee. Using DBS.

Sent from Samsung SM-G900F using GAGT

Soul77

Reaction score
Ooh..thanks! I'll try and see if this works.

If Standard Chartered still don't allow you to open, I'm not sure if this method will work. But worth trying.

Go and open a virtual paper money account. I know think or swim provide this service.

https://www.thinkorswim.com/t/pm-registration.html

Then play around and familiarize yourself with stock trading. Their interface will overwhelm you though.

After you trade a few stocks, then go back to Standard Chartered and this time you can fill in that you have trading experience. If they are asking, then print your ToS virtual statements as proof.

lanzhu60

Reaction score
hi , anyone knw if wana buy sgx dairy farm US share , wat do i need to do as it seems unable to purchase... pls advise

dakboyan

Reaction score
If Standard Chartered still don't allow you to open, I'm not sure if this method will work. But worth trying.

Go and open a virtual paper money account. I know think or swim provide this service.

https://www.thinkorswim.com/t/pm-registration.html

Then play around and familiarize yourself with stock trading. Their interface will overwhelm you though.

After you trade a few stocks, then go back to Standard Chartered and this time you can fill in that you have trading experience. If they are asking, then print your ToS virtual statements as proof.

Virtual money...as good as demo account right? Don't really think this will be accepted too le. Think the CKA quite explicit that it asks for real experience if im not wrong.

xtreamzz

Master Member
Reaction score
Quick question... If I have a cheque from the US, is it possible to deposit it into my USD Settlement account? Will there be any minimum sum I have to maintain?

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Quick question... If I have a cheque from the US, is it possible to deposit it into my USD Settlement account? Will there be any minimum sum I have to maintain?

Not possible. Not sure about multi-currency account though.

linxiaobei

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nope. You cannot directly fund it.

If you insist on cashing the cheque to your SGD esaver account, they will exchange according to their rate to SGD

Sent from Sun using GAGT

xtreamzz

Master Member
Reaction score
Not possible. Not sure about multi-currency account though.

Yeah... Called the hotline and was told the only way to keep it in USD is to open a Savings Account in USD which would need to maintain a daily average of USD$2k. Bummer.

Janson Ang

Reaction score
just opened an account at nex. open the e$avers and link it to the trading account. the guy say minimum deposit need 3k. but i check sc online web say no need minimum sum. just need $1 then they wont close the account within 30days. anybody knows?

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
just opened an account at nex. open the e$avers and link it to the trading account. the guy say minimum deposit need 3k. but i check sc online web say no need minimum sum. just need $1 then they wont close the account within 30days. anybody knows?

Min is 1k. Otherwise $5 fall below fee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.