Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

linxiaobei

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just opened an account at nex. open the e$avers and link it to the trading account. the guy say minimum deposit need 3k. but i check sc online web say no need minimum sum. just need $1 then they wont close the account within 30days. anybody knows?
Huh why need a minimum of 3k? Are you sure you opened the right account? Esaver and not Supersalary?

Sent from Sun using GAGT

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just opened an account at nex. open the e$avers and link it to the trading account. the guy say minimum deposit need 3k. but i check sc online web say no need minimum sum. just need $1 then they wont close the account within 30days. anybody knows?

Huh why need a minimum of 3k? Are you sure you opened the right account? Esaver and not Supersalary?

Sent from Sun using GAGT

Min $3k, I think he opened Xtrasaver instead of E-saver. Both got the word "saver", maybe he got confused.

But buy shares, please be more careful, many shares got similar sounding name, don't anyhow press buy :D

Indels

Reaction score
I just gotten the trading account but got a bit confuse on the accounts... I saw there are 2 accounts (Settlement & Investment)

1) If I want to trade I transfer the money to the Investment Account?

2) After I sell some stock and get some money on the settlement account, can I transfer the money directly out to other bank account?

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I just gotten the trading account but got a bit confuse on the accounts... I saw there are 2 accounts (Settlement & Investment)

1) If I want to trade I transfer the money to the Investment Account?

2) After I sell some stock and get some money on the settlement account, can I transfer the money directly out to other bank account?

There is no investment account afaik.

You need to transfer your money from esaver/dash to Settlement account to trade.

You can't transfer $$ out directly from settlement account to other account, need to wait for 3 days and also need to transfer to esaver/dash account to transfer out.

Janson Ang

Reaction score
Min $3k, I think he opened Xtrasaver instead of E-saver. Both got the word "saver", maybe he got confused.

But buy shares, please be more careful, many shares got similar sounding name, don't anyhow press buy :D

Hmm not so sure. My account i check online is e$aver. Maybe the staff say wrongly haha...

PC

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
did my first online trade to test it out, buy and sell on the same day. both transactions went through (got sms and verified through order status also) but account $ is not updated. do i need to wait few days for it to show the correct balance?

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
did my first online trade to test it out, buy and sell on the same day. both transactions went through (got sms and verified through order status also) but account $ is not updated. do i need to wait few days for it to show the correct balance?
Yes, settlement is usually T+3. So if you did your trade on Friday, you should have an updated balance by Wednesday.

Sent from Sony D5833 using GAGT

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

Yes. The account is not updated but as you see, the $$ is transacted immediately. So if you buy, you won't see the cash updated but it's gone. And if you sell, you won't see the cash updated but it's in your account already and ready to be deployed to buy but not ready for transfer to other account.

Last edited:

macateer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes. The account is not updated but as you see, the $$ is transacted immediately. So if you buy, you won't see the cash updated but it's gone. And if you sell, you won't see the cash updated but it's in your account already and ready to be deployed to buy but not ready for transfer to other account.

Bro perisher,

Does that mean the $ from your sell can immediately be utilize for a new purchase?
Yet to try this as i always wait till my acct balance is reflected/updated before committing on a new purchase.

Thanks!

linxiaobei

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro perisher,

Does that mean the $ from your sell can immediately be utilize for a new purchase?
Yet to try this as i always wait till my acct balance is reflected/updated before committing on a new purchase.

Thanks!
Yes you can. Just that you cannot withdraw out immediately.

You can check how much credit do you have left using the purchase power button on the right side of the order page

Sent from Sun using GAGT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.