HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Like Tree964Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-10-2011, 08:53 PM   #346
Supremacy Member

Think now CMC market oso no minimum commission.
Old 20-10-2011, 01:11 PM   #347

Saw Stan Chart's ad on the papers again.
http://www.standardchartered.com.sg/...trading_banner

Some questions:
1)Are we required to go to the bank and sign for online applications (got cdp acc liao). Need to have a bank acc with them?
2) Saw the demo platform. Are u able to watch a list counter's live price like poems?

3) what is the "transfer in" of our securities to them to enjoy up to $100 worth shopping vouchers

Me thinking of open another trading acc

Thanks
Old 20-10-2011, 02:13 PM   #348

Still cannot get the system to register the purchase of O5UU, the AIMs Reit counter for 100 share per lot.

Did not get any reply in the mailbox after asking them twice, sigh. Anyone here manage to get that counter in Stan Chart?
Old 20-10-2011, 09:11 PM   #349
High Supremacy Member

Still cannot get the system to register the purchase of O5UU, the AIMs Reit counter for 100 share per lot.

Did not get any reply in the mailbox after asking them twice, sigh. Anyone here manage to get that counter in Stan Chart?
i managed to send an order. status is acknowledged.

what is your problem actually?
Old 20-10-2011, 10:19 PM   #350

Hmm, I select to buy 600 shares of O5UU and it kept getting rejected with no reason given.

Just to check, I also tried to do that with O5RU and it says I can only put in multiples of 1000 shares, which is of course correct. But how come O5UU cannot when they clearly said the lots is in 100 shares each?
Old 20-10-2011, 10:23 PM   #351
Greater Supremacy Member

Hmm, I select to buy 600 shares of O5UU and it kept getting rejected with no reason given.

Just to check, I also tried to do that with O5RU and it says I can only put in multiples of 1000 shares, which is of course correct. But how come O5UU cannot when they clearly said the lots is in 100 shares each?
Obviously system bug, recently Someone sold kepland using market order but order is filled 28 minutes later 6 cent lower..

But no minimum commission, who cares?
Old 20-10-2011, 10:24 PM   #352
Greater Supremacy Member

Think now CMC market oso no minimum commission.
Did you Notice the bid/ask spread
Old 20-10-2011, 11:06 PM   #353
Supremacy Member

Did you Notice the bid/ask spread
not sure but cmc recently upgrade their platform.
Old 20-10-2011, 11:07 PM   #354
High Supremacy Member

do you have enough purchasing power?
Old 20-10-2011, 11:18 PM   #355
High Supremacy Member

Obviously system bug, recently Someone sold kepland using market order but order is filled 28 minutes later 6 cent lower..

But no minimum commission, who cares?
i urge you to exercise caution and be more mature in your postings. you ought to act professionally since you are in the industry and from another broking house. this is a reminder to you.
Old 20-10-2011, 11:28 PM   #356
Greater Supremacy Member

i urge you to exercise caution and be more mature in your postings. you ought to act professionally since you are in the industry and from another broking house. this is a reminder to you.
http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.com...postcount=3509

i ish got pic got talk

http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.com...postcount=3518

http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.com...postcount=3529

http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.com...postcount=3535

http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.com...postcount=3539

i hope you dont think i created this clone to blackname scb ba? that will be damn childish of you too

and if i am not acting professional, i would not have helped her to 'troubleshoot' and propose to her solution base on my experience with past clients in how to 'claiming' that 6 bids back right? and at all time i dont blame individual first but the system first..

but of course there is no minimun commission, so how to dispute? at least over at my side, we can sometime put these type of errenous trades into our error trade account if there is any problem with the orders due to system or broker error and charged it to the releveant cost center and of course that depends how willing your broker is willing to pursue for you.

and for your information, im not a remiser.. thank you very much

and a reminder to u and all scb users, sgx trading platform CANNOT PROCESS order type MARKET ORDERS and STOP LOSS, so dont blame sgx too if any error trade done when using scb's market order and stop loss too
Asphodeli likes this.

Last edited by Sinkie; 21-10-2011 at 12:07 AM..
Old 20-10-2011, 11:52 PM   #357

Hey guys quick question hopefully someone using SCB online trading platform can help.

Let's say I sell some US security now. Would I be able to transfer the USD purchasing power to HKD now and buy tmr?
Old 21-10-2011, 01:05 AM   #358
High Supremacy Member

hey sinkie,

1) its not so much about the credibility of your claim. that is just one issue. the way you presented yourself is another issue. i dont care if you are a remisier or dealer. professional advisors usually will refrain from commenting about another platforms or advisors.

2) obviously the person you quoted is inexperience about the type of orders available. so he dont understand the consequences of using in-house extended type of orders.
Old 21-10-2011, 01:07 AM   #359
High Supremacy Member

Hey guys quick question hopefully someone using SCB online trading platform can help.

Let's say I sell some US security now. Would I be able to transfer the USD purchasing power to HKD now and buy tmr?
it can be done the last time i heard of. im not sure if they have plugged the hole now.

you can try but hopefully you dont get charge like an overdraft.
Old 21-10-2011, 07:41 AM   #360
Greater Supremacy Member

hey sinkie,

1) its not so much about the credibility of your claim. that is just one issue. the way you presented yourself is another issue. i dont care if you are a remisier or dealer. professional advisors usually will refrain from commenting about another platforms or advisors.

2) obviously the person you quoted is inexperience about the type of orders available. so he dont understand the consequences of using in-house extended type of orders.
Hey MikeDirnt78,

1) firstly, I have never judge or comment openly fellow professional advisors in my same industry before here and my comments for scb is imo fair and also I'm stating the facts too..

2) yes, the person I quote is obviously inexperience but this does not hide the flaw of their inhouse order types which I'm trying to highlight these "extended" consequence and advising all scb users to use these sophisticated order types with care even though it's not my area of concern at all

Have a good day ahead
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.