Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Yes you can. Just that you cannot withdraw out immediately.

You can check how much credit do you have left using the purchase power button on the right side of the order page

I don't think that purchase power thing is accurate though.
Anyway, ya, as linxiaobei has said, yes, you can use it immediately to buy but cannot transfer $$ out to other accounts.

PC

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, settlement is usually T+3. So if you did your trade on Friday, you should have an updated balance by Wednesday.

Sent from Sony D5833 using GAGT

Yes. The account is not updated but as you see, the $$ is transacted immediately. So if you buy, you won't see the cash updated but it's gone. And if you sell, you won't see the cash updated but it's in your account already and ready to be deployed to buy but not ready for transfer to other account.

thanks both. :)

linxiaobei

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't think that purchase power thing is accurate though.
Anyway, ya, as linxiaobei has said, yes, you can use it immediately to buy but cannot transfer $$ out to other accounts.
Oh... I always had that idea that it is accurate lol! But is it at least a very close estimate of the current credit? Most probably they didnt add in all the commission and other charges. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from Sun using GAGT

lanzhu60

Reaction score
Hi , anyone knows if using stanchart to purchase dairy farm usd share, wats e exchange rate ? Do we pay in sing dollar n the bank will do e conversion ?

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi , anyone knows if using stanchart to purchase dairy farm usd share, wats e exchange rate ? Do we pay in sing dollar n the bank will do e conversion ?

Already told you that you need a USD FCY SSA. If it needs USD, you need to use USD, if it needs SGD, you have to use SGD.
The market doesn't matter.

As for the USD exchange rate, it's pretty bad, something like
e.g.
Spot rate 1=1.4
you will get 1=1.415 buying USD
or 1=1.385 Selling USD to get SGD

af7680

Reaction score
Hi
Anyone knows if I can have more than 1 trading account with scb?
If possible, i want to separate a fund for my kids education and my retirement...
TIA

marsbarsz

Reaction score
Just to check, when you guys opened your SCB trading account, which current account did you opted for?

I wanted to open one and the staff said need to open a current account, so she offered me the BonusSaver and eSaver.

BonusSaver has an ATM card and allows 1.88% interest if save/spend $500 monthly but requires $3k in bank.

eSaver account means everything is online, withdrawal of money also requires a fee but only requires $1k in bank.

linxiaobei

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just to check, when you guys opened your SCB trading account, which current account did you opted for?

I wanted to open one and the staff said need to open a current account, so she offered me the BonusSaver and eSaver.

BonusSaver has an ATM card and allows 1.88% interest if save/spend $500 monthly but requires $3k in bank.

eSaver account means everything is online, withdrawal of money also requires a fee but only requires $1k in bank.
Or you can create dash savings account first and only create trading account with them afterwards?

Sent from Sun using GAGT

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

Dash is the best, if not Esaver.

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Oh thanks! So by applying dash account, I can go to SCB and would be eligible to apply the trading account?

Technically yes, but some SCB CSO doesn't allow. So you bobian have to open esaver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.