Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kippoer

Reaction score
Noted all and thanks.

So scary, later my hard earn money gone with the wind... Next time must keep all the notifications as proof, just in case.

myename

Reaction score
How do I know when my account is ready to trade on? So far I only see a Securities Settlement Account (and the normal bank accounts) but when I click on Online Trading it still brings me to the application form. Should I call them yet? :s11:

chuanz

Master Member
Reaction score
How do I know when my account is ready to trade on? So far I only see a Securities Settlement Account (and the normal bank accounts) but when I click on Online Trading it still brings me to the application form. Should I call them yet? :s11:

Give it a few more days. No worries, this is also normal :s13:

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

If it's been more than 2 weeks, call them.

endlssorrow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does SCB allow this? Say I success buy in xxx shares at 10am and then I sell away xxx shares in 2pm?

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Strangely my order at a higher buy price didn't go through despite the stock ending lower than my buy price yesterday. Is that even possible? The counter isn't low volume either.

EmPtYsOuLz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
after completing a sale, how many days does it take for the amount to be automatically transferred from the securities account to settlement account?

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
after completing a sale, how many days does it take for the amount to be automatically transferred from the securities account to settlement account?

It is immediate, you can use the fund to buy immediately after you sell. It will be reflected only 3 days later.

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Strangely my order at a higher buy price didn't go through despite the stock ending lower than my buy price yesterday. Is that even possible? The counter isn't low volume either.

the order may not reach the exchange on time or immediately. for overseas i'm not sure, maybe got bug or something

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
the order may not reach the exchange on time or immediately. for overseas i'm not sure, maybe got bug or something

My order was submitted an hour+ before closing. 3pm+ IIRC.
Local stock. The strange thing is the position is still open on Saturday when I checked. Haven't checked today.

Steyr69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Weird. Could be that their system is overloaded and your order can't reach the exchange. Usually this happens to me at opening and closing hours sometimes.

Sent from Sony D5833 using GAGT

most likely....

but it saved me on one occasion....I was submitting a Buy Order on KepCorp....on my office PC.....didnt realise my boss was passing by....kan jiong n Submit the order with the price higher than $1 from current trading price....
after my boss went off....immediately go inside n edit the price....lucky the Order was not filled....close call.

Steyr69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I could have miss out the answer....
but is it possible to do Online Trading on their Breeze app?

I install the app...but I cannot find any way to locate the Online trading option....

Litmuss

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
most likely....

but it saved me on one occasion....I was submitting a Buy Order on KepCorp....on my office PC.....didnt realise my boss was passing by....kan jiong n Submit the order with the price higher than $1 from current trading price....
after my boss went off....immediately go inside n edit the price....lucky the Order was not filled....close call.

Huh? Higher than $1 and that's more than 20 bids away, would have be rejected by exchange anyway.

Steyr69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Huh? Higher than $1 and that's more than 20 bids away, would have be rejected by exchange anyway.

mean if the current trading price is $9.50...I submit Buy order at $10.50....it will be rejected?

Weaboo

Honorary Member
Reaction score
my order of religare went thru (i got the sms) yet in the order status still put there acknowledged

but i can already see the qty in my portfolio home page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.