Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

kasyes

Reaction score
Some qns-

Notice on the form it can be a joint trading acct - any age limit for the joint? Thinking of teachin my kids on stock n shares thru this acct

Any limit on no of trading acct or is it just 1?

digitalguy

Reaction score
hi guys, lets say i open scb trading ac and buy singtel, will i be able get dividend if singtel gives, since this is a nominee ac.

Last edited:

Investor Reeve

Reaction score
Been promted to fill up customer account review (CAR) form last week, anyone failed it? What happen if failed? Money trap inside or they straight away close your position and freeze your trading account?

digitalguy

Reaction score
Been promted to fill up customer account review (CAR) form last week, anyone failed it? What happen if failed? Money trap inside or they straight away close your position and freeze your trading account?

i could not open an account due to no previous experience in trading. something wrong with this approach. i am new to stock market, but if they dont allow me to open an account, how can i get experience? sounds bit funny rite

wdblazer

Reaction score
This is MAS regulation, to protect people who have no knowledge from being scammed by the promoters (banks, brokerage etc).

You can request directly to your broker to lift the restriction but you have to sign something that say you want to trade even though you have no knowledge.

kasyes

Reaction score
Some qns-

Notice on the form it can be a joint trading acct - any age limit for the joint? Thinking of teachin my kids on stock n shares thru this acct

Any limit on no of trading acct or is it just 1?[/QUOTE

Upz Upz

digitalguy

Reaction score
Some qns-

Any limit on no of trading acct or is it just 1?[/QUOTE

Upz Upz
I was told in branch both me and my wife should have previous trading experience or "knowledge" in trading. They have defined so called knowledge also in form.

In the end i applied thru online saying i have knowledge but never traded, just waiting for outcome. The form says eligibilty is 21 years old.

Hope my answer helps

horlickz

Reaction score
i could not open an account due to no previous experience in trading. something wrong with this approach. i am new to stock market, but if they dont allow me to open an account, how can i get experience? sounds bit funny rite

dreaming about it is also experience... :s12: just say u have loh... paperwork nia

blue_line

Master Member
Reaction score

i do not have "knowledge" according to their definition. I have completed the SGX e learning.. awaiting SCB's reply on lifting my restriction.

angelcat_07

Reaction score

I didn't pass (as I never trade before in those SIP) and they told me they got to freeze my account - i.e. can no longer do online trading. For my existing shares, I have to call their treasury to sell them.

I asked them I thought this rule only affects those who buy SIP, while shares are not under this category, but they say currently SCB is imposing this for all trading - this info was about 2 weeks ago, not sure whether any change.

digitalguy

Reaction score
I didn't pass (as I never trade before in those SIP) and they told me they got to freeze my account - i.e. can no longer do online trading. For my existing shares, I have to call their treasury to sell them.

I asked them I thought this rule only affects those who buy SIP, while shares are not under this category, but they say currently SCB is imposing this for all trading - this info was about 2 weeks ago, not sure whether any change.
Why like this? Is this info correct? So ac will be frozen if you dont have trading exp?

digitalguy

Reaction score
I was told in branch both me and my wife should have previous trading experience or "knowledge" in trading. They have defined so called knowledge also in form.

In the end i applied thru online saying i have knowledge but never traded, just waiting for outcome. The form says eligibilty is 21 years old.

Hope my answer helps

i see a new a/c opened up "securities settlement ac" in online banking today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.