HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Like Tree964Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-10-2011, 09:07 AM   #361

do you have enough purchasing power?
Yes, most definitely since it is only less than $600.
Old 21-10-2011, 10:33 PM   #362
High Supremacy Member

Yes, most definitely since it is only less than $600.
then im sorry i think its a system bug. some people reported that they cant buy some penny stocks. just keep flooding their email system so that they can fix it.
Old 24-10-2011, 10:28 PM   #363
Master Member

I am required by mu current company to close all external broker accounts and i have closed mine with POEMS.

I want to open a new external account but i do not wish my current company to know. By opening an account with SCB, since it does not involve my personal CDP account, does it mean that my employer is unable to check then?
Old 24-10-2011, 11:02 PM   #364
Arch-Supremacy Member

I am required by mu current company to close all external broker accounts and i have closed mine with POEMS.

I want to open a new external account but i do not wish my current company to know. By opening an account with SCB, since it does not involve my personal CDP account, does it mean that my employer is unable to check then?
if no CDP linkage, maybe they won't know

Your job is house dealer? or what kind of dealer?
Old 24-10-2011, 11:27 PM   #365
Master Member

Nope, i work in margin lending in one of the US banks
Old 25-10-2011, 12:23 AM   #366
Master Member

Use your father or mother's name to open a joint USD current account in SCB. Then based on this, ask them to open an online trading account to trade.
Old 25-10-2011, 12:52 AM   #367
Arch-Supremacy Member

Nope, i work in margin lending in one of the US banks
u get this job thru newspaper or job agency?
Old 25-10-2011, 03:26 AM   #368

Does this SCB trading a/c allow Contra?
Old 25-10-2011, 06:25 AM   #369
High Supremacy Member

Use your father or mother's name to open a joint
USD current account in SCB. Then based on this, ask them to open an online trading account to trade.
there is a saying you can do anything illegal as long you dont get caught.
Old 25-10-2011, 11:25 AM   #370
Master Member

there is a saying you can do anything illegal as long you dont get caught.
It is not illegal to open a scb foreign currency account. Neither is it illegal to open a joint savings account with parents. If any company that you are working with tells your at the abovementioned I stated is illegal, you have the right to sue their pants off.
Old 25-10-2011, 11:29 AM   #371
Greater Supremacy Member

It is not illegal to open a scb foreign currency account. Neither is it illegal to open a joint savings account with parents. If any company that you are working with tells your at the abovementioned I stated is illegal, you have the right to sue their pants off.
but your job is at risk if you are found to have an online trading account (individual or joint) to trade even though it is not bound by law.
Old 25-10-2011, 11:42 AM   #372
Supremacy Member

So lets say you join ABC bank as a trader, and the bank requires you as part of your job not to have external trading accounts to prevent conflict of interest, insider trading etc, you can sue your employer? Really? Just asking.
Old 25-10-2011, 11:49 AM   #373
Greater Supremacy Member

So lets say you join ABC bank as a trader, and the bank requires you as part of your job not to have external trading accounts to prevent conflict of interest, insider trading etc, you can sue your employer? Really? Just asking.
i know each year, the compliance will pick up a group of employee, and do a throughout check, just dont be the unlucky one and if they need, they can request MAS to grant the right to check and request all other banks to surrender your details..

maybe he mean sue MAS or company?
Old 25-10-2011, 11:58 AM   #374
wiz

Front office better dun play play that is enough reason to sack you.
Old 25-10-2011, 05:09 PM   #375
High Supremacy Member

joint and single ownership are no difference. you are still holding an account in the course of your work. you think an employer is so stupid to draft such rules stating that no single account but can joint account?

i mean joint account with no trading facility is fine. but if there is a trading facility, then its definitely against the rules.

can the guy sue you for wrong information instead if anything happened?

Last edited by MikeDirnt78; 25-10-2011 at 05:12 PM..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.