Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guess think only thing that matters to open a stanchart trading account is to get served by a pretty zeh zeh

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
guess think only thing that matters to open a stanchart trading account is to get served by a pretty zeh zeh

Why don't just go to the counter, ask for the form, fill in yourself, then just pass it to anyone to do final check before u submit?

Unless of course you are also opening a bank account as well

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why don't just go to the counter, ask for the form, fill in yourself, then just pass it to anyone to do final check before u submit?

Unless of course you are also opening a bank account as well

Lol I already applied and done everything. Yep had to open bank account too as need to transfer funds from there to the trading account. Pleasant experience but I didn't open all markets or enquire about Dash account.

Just wondering whether it was possible to know who was the person who did the application after I left.

Now am more afraid will anyhow buy stocks due to the low comm.. the min comm earlier was a big deterrent for me from doing so :s39:

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but I didn't expect so many people to be using stanchart overall.. the queue was long and the ATM/cash deposit and tellers kept having people

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Lol I already applied and done everything. Yep had to open bank account too as need to transfer funds from there to the trading account. Pleasant experience but I didn't open all markets or enquire about Dash account.

Just wondering whether it was possible to know who was the person who did the application after I left.

Now am more afraid will anyhow buy stocks due to the low comm.. the min comm earlier was a big deterrent for me from doing so :s39:

With Min Comm, your purchase must be zhun, and you tend to hoot at one shot like 100,000 shares etc

Without min comm, u can buy as little as 100 shares and so spread out your purchases into 100 days lor..

Sometime pungsai nothing to do can go hoot 100 shares of ug healthcare first, then later lunch hoot another 100 shares again..

Not happy with the price u get, just throw the 200 shares down since your loss won't be as high as $25 also etc then proceed to buy back again at lower price

Unlike using the min Comm $25, throw le instantly lost $50 Liao, like that half day of my pay gone in 5min.

$50 can do a lot of things also leh, can pay 2 months HP Bill or even go KL day trip

Last edited:

Franzz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
to open account for LSE, better for the settlement to be done in GBP or USD? any opinion?

im inclining towards native currency, just becuase.

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
to open account for LSE, better for the settlement to be done in GBP or USD? any opinion?

im inclining towards native currency, just becuase.

Doesn't matter; just make sure you have GBP for GBP stocks, and USD for USD stocks (there are USD stocks listed on LSE). It is recommended to open all currency settlement accounts, just in case.

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
With Min Comm, your purchase must be zhun, and you tend to hoot at one shot like 100,000 shares etc

Without min comm, u can buy as little as 100 shares and so spread out your purchases into 100 days lor..

Sometime pungsai nothing to do can go hoot 100 shares of ug healthcare first, then later lunch hoot another 100 shares again..

Not happy with the price u get, just throw the 200 shares down since your loss won't be as high as $25 also etc then proceed to buy back again at lower price

Unlike using the min Comm $25, throw le instantly lost $50 Liao, like that half day of my pay gone in 5min.

$50 can do a lot of things also leh, can pay 2 months HP Bill or even go KL day trip

ya ive been hooting stocks in at least $3k-$5k worth to "save" on the min comm.. so if like 50 cent stocks have to buy like 10k shares of them.. if go up also earn more, but go down also lose more

but me just a peasant don't have so much $3k to hoot

jacques.jiean

Reaction score
just applied for SCB trading account too. i emptied my dash savings account few months ago, they say $0 for 6 months will close automatically, heng haven close.

got a Supersalary account too. but only a hundred buck cos all in 360 generate better interest. not sure if they will see my account so lil money then dont approve my application. LOL!

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just applied for SCB trading account too. i emptied my dash savings account few months ago, they say $0 for 6 months will close automatically, heng haven close.

got a Supersalary account too. but only a hundred buck cos all in 360 generate better interest. not sure if they will see my account so lil money then dont approve my application. LOL!

When u apply? This MorNing?

SibehEng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just open a trading acct with scb since my citi brokerage increase their comm...

however can i ask when i place an order for scb, the order only last for 1 day? because i dont see any option for me to choose the period of time for the order like citi so everyday i have to login to replace my order if it didnt execute on that day?

xersion

Master Member
Reaction score
just open a trading acct with scb since my citi brokerage increase their comm...

however can i ask when i place an order for scb, the order only last for 1 day? because i dont see any option for me to choose the period of time for the order like citi so everyday i have to login to replace my order if it didnt execute on that day?
Correct it's for one day only... U will receive email and sms for order expire

Sent from Xiaomi MI 4I using GAGT

Average

Banned
Reaction score

Unfortunate but true.

Sent from your next door using GAGT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.