HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Like Tree964Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-09-2015, 07:55 AM   #4531

Hi bro

You keep esaver & sometime earn 1.4% interest. How it works? I thought Dash has better i/r? That why apart from min sum, many have shift boat to Dash. Thanks.
Old 13-09-2015, 07:58 AM   #4532
Master Member

Hi bro

You keep esaver & sometime earn 1.4% interest. How it works? I thought Dash has better i/r? That why apart from min sum, many have shift boat to Dash. Thanks.
dash is better if you don't have fresh funds. it earns a flat 0.5% interest

i think many of us rotate between ocbc 360 and esaver. esaver earns you up to 1.4% interest on your fresh funds. this promotion is usually announced every 2 or 3 months.
Old 13-09-2015, 09:05 AM   #4533
Great Supremacy Member

Hi bro

Details in there
https://www.sc.com/sg/save/saving-esaver.html

As for what hyperbole said about rotating between different banks, would pm you how to do it if interested. It's simple but rather troublesome.

Most efficient use of time is networking, not hardworking. -Perisher
Old 13-09-2015, 10:16 AM   #4534
Order 66'd

investment is to invest in low risk and high return stocks
correct what?
u investing 70% of your portfolio in cash
low returns .....
wahkao3 likes this.
Old 13-09-2015, 11:46 AM   #4535
Greater Supremacy Member

About 2 weeks as they are rather slow.

Remember to open trading account and all the FCY SSA account. Yes, all of it for all the markets, it's free. Or at least open a US one.

You will be required to open a esaver because they ain't that flexible from what the people here have reported so far. After that go and open a Dash account too, then close the esaver. As for the fall below fee, I'm not sure if you would still incurred it if you close esaver immediately within 6 months.

To be safe, just put $1k in esaver and eventually(after 6 months) migrate to Dash and close esaver.

I kept esaver because it's useful to earn 1.4% interest sometimes.
thanks. knn need to wait 2 weeks
Old 13-09-2015, 12:49 PM   #4536
High Supremacy Member

u investing 70% of your portfolio in cash
low returns .....
must be patient and wait for the right low risk high return opportunity to present itself
Old 13-09-2015, 01:27 PM   #4537
Greater Supremacy Member

About 2 weeks as they are rather slow.

Remember to open trading account and all the FCY SSA account. Yes, all of it for all the markets, it's free. Or at least open a US one.

You will be required to open a esaver because they ain't that flexible from what the people here have reported so far. After that go and open a Dash account too, then close the esaver. As for the fall below fee, I'm not sure if you would still incurred it if you close esaver immediately within 6 months.

To be safe, just put $1k in esaver and eventually(after 6 months) migrate to Dash and close esaver.

I kept esaver because it's useful to earn 1.4% interest sometimes.
Thanks. So cannot apply for dash account right away?
Old 13-09-2015, 02:18 PM   #4538
Great Supremacy Member

Thanks. So cannot apply for dash account right away?
Can, who's stopping you?

Old 13-09-2015, 11:02 PM   #4539

I just applied for dash acc today. They need me to go down to one of their outlets for verification. This is for the dash savings accounts which is what we need in place of the esaver. I guess?
Old 13-09-2015, 11:10 PM   #4540
Great Supremacy Member

I just applied for dash acc today. They need me to go down to one of their outlets for verification. This is for the dash savings accounts which is what we need in place of the esaver. I guess?
Yup. Do note this is a joint venture with Singtel which explains why everyone must go down personally to verify themselves for the account. A tad of a hassle but if one don't want to keep esaver, this is best alternative.

Old 13-09-2015, 11:12 PM   #4541
Master Member

No need to verify if you're a SingTel customer
Old 14-09-2015, 01:44 AM   #4542
Master Member

I just created dash thru my comp online, didn't ask me to go down to verify. Will it be automatically link with my SCB esaver and online trading then?
Old 14-09-2015, 02:05 AM   #4543
Great Supremacy Member

I just created dash thru my comp online, didn't ask me to go down to verify. Will it be automatically link with my SCB esaver and online trading then?
They are all separated accounts.
It's not exactly linked but should all be under your SCB account as a whole when you log in.
Are you able to access Dash online now? From what I have read in the forums and my own experience so far, everyone went to verify.

Old 14-09-2015, 02:10 AM   #4544
Master Member

They are all separated accounts.
It's not exactly linked but should all be under your SCB account as a whole when you log in.
Are you able to access Dash online now? From what I have read in the forums and my own experience so far, everyone went to verify.
Yeah, I'm able to log in both on mobile and comp and show that I have $0, but it is not linked to my esaver yet.

Old 14-09-2015, 02:14 AM   #4545
Great Supremacy Member

Yeah, I'm able to log in both on mobile and comp and show that I have $0, but it is not linked to my esaver yet.
You mean when you log in, you can't see your esaver?
How do you access your esaver online then?

Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.