Like Tree964Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2015, 05:39 PM   #4651
Master Member

Account can only be close at branch..

Old 08-10-2015, 08:28 AM   #4652

Account can only be close at branch..
This is not true. You can get the account closing document by emailing scb and simply mail the filled document back to them. Thats what I did anyway.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:00 AM   #4653
Master Member

This is not true. You can get the account closing document by emailing scb and simply mail the filled document back to them. Thats what I did anyway.
Where to get the form? I can't find it on their website...

Old 08-10-2015, 12:53 PM   #4654

No charges for closing. Just make sure transfer every single cent out to dash before you close
When I went to open my e$aver account last week, the bank officer said that if I close the account before 6 months is up, there will be extra charges (I think $30). After 6 months then no charge.
Old 08-10-2015, 01:23 PM   #4655
Master Member

When I went to open my e$aver account last week, the bank officer said that if I close the account before 6 months is up, there will be extra charges (I think $30). After 6 months then no charge.
Early account closure fee (within 6 months) S$0

https://www.sc.com/sg/save/saving-esaver.html
Old 08-10-2015, 02:05 PM   #4656

Do i need a standard chartered savings account or something to open a trading account with SCB?
Old 08-10-2015, 02:37 PM   #4657
Great Supremacy Member

Do i need a standard chartered savings account or something to open a trading account with SCB?
Yes. Either a esaver or a dash account.

Esaver has a fall below fee for account under $1k ADB. Early closure has a fee as well.
Edit: no need early closure fees wor.

Dash account need to go to PS branch to open. Forgot if can apply online.
No min deposit required.

Most efficient use of time is networking, not hardworking. -Perisher

Last edited by Perisher; 08-10-2015 at 04:50 PM..
Old 08-10-2015, 04:36 PM   #4658

Early account closure fee (within 6 months) S$0
Silly me, I must have gotten them mixed up. Thanks for the info! At least now I know I can close early without having to pay fees.
Old 08-10-2015, 06:29 PM   #4659
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yes. Either a esaver or a dash account.

Esaver has a fall below fee for account under $1k ADB. Early closure has a fee as well.
Edit: no need early closure fees wor.

Dash account need to go to PS branch to open. Forgot if can apply online.
No min deposit required.
Dash account I applied online...I got a phone line with Singtel maybe that's why...I never need to come down to sign anything and they never called me to ask for more information... That was my first account with SCB...I was only asked to come down to sign some papers when I open a trading account...
Old 08-10-2015, 08:58 PM   #4660
Greater Supremacy Member

how do i buy stocks denominated in other currencies? do i move some money to that settlement account (eg GBP) & they will convert the currency from SGD to GBP for me?
Old 08-10-2015, 09:20 PM   #4661
Great Supremacy Member

how do i buy stocks denominated in other currencies? do i move some money to that settlement account (eg GBP) & they will convert the currency from SGD to GBP for me?
Yup, the correct currency account is important.
Make sure the stock U wanna buy is denominated in that currency you exchanged before you buy.
Old 08-10-2015, 09:22 PM   #4662
Greater Supremacy Member

Yup, the correct currency account is important.
Make sure the stock U wanna buy is denominated in that currency you exchanged before you buy.
thanks. where can i see the conversion rates + any xtra fees for conversion?
Old 08-10-2015, 09:24 PM   #4663
Arch-Supremacy Member

thanks. where can i see the conversion rates + any xtra fees for conversion?
Fees are included into the FX rate through the spread (1% for USD, 1.5% for any other currency). When you transfer, they will quote you the rate before you confirm the exchange. Just press cancel or confirm on that screen.

Btw for SCB, you can only do FX during office hours till 8pm, excluding public holiday and weekend.

Old 09-10-2015, 09:27 AM   #4664

yesterday I transferred some cash to settlement account from esaver account to buy stocks but due to price keeping going up, attempt was failed.

will it be possible to transfer back the amount to esaver from settlement account?

TIA
Old 09-10-2015, 09:28 AM   #4665
Arch-Supremacy Member

yesterday I transferred some cash to settlement account from esaver account to buy stocks but due to price keeping going up, attempt was failed.

will it be possible to transfer back the amount to esaver from settlement account?

TIA
Yes of course. You can leave it in there also for interest but I'm not sure what's the rate. Do note that only SGD settlement account has interest, though.

Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.