Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Like Tree964Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2015, 09:10 PM   #4936
Supremacy Member

what's your concern?
cos i just closed my esaver account few months back ... as i find it no use ... now if i open scb trading account i need to open a saving account ...

also it means i need to mantain the trading account as long as i have holdings traded through them ....

i am currently using dbs vickers cash upfront account .. minimum $12 or 0.12% commision (until 31 dec) ....
Old 10-11-2015, 11:45 PM   #4937
Supremacy Member

cos i just closed my esaver account few months back ... as i find it no use ... now if i open scb trading account i need to open a saving account ...

also it means i need to mantain the trading account as long as i have holdings traded through them ....

i am currently using dbs vickers cash upfront account .. minimum $12 or 0.12% commision (until 31 dec) ....
Or you can open dash easy savings account first then open trading account, if you are bothered by the minimum balance that is required for esaver.

Anyway scb is worth it if you aren't buying large holding per transaction.

Old 11-11-2015, 12:02 AM   #4938
Great Supremacy Member

Buy $12, Sell $12. Total $24.
If you are buying in quantity of 6k+ per trade, it's worth it.

Otherwise, you just need a scb dash account and a trading account which don't have any sort of maintenance fee.

Also, btw, if you are buying overseas stocks, DBS also uses a custodian, that means you can't sell using other brokers.
Old 11-11-2015, 12:58 AM   #4939

can we open dash account from their website ? cant find it under "savings account"
Old 11-11-2015, 01:02 AM   #4940
Great Supremacy Member

can we open dash account from their website ? cant find it under "savings account"
This one.
http://www.dash.com.sg/index.html
Old 11-11-2015, 08:18 AM   #4941
Arch-Supremacy Member

No maintenance fee for online trading account.

Old 11-11-2015, 08:44 AM   #4942

I am a newbie to SCB and I have 2 questions here:

1. Is it possible to buy a stock and sell within T+3? What about if I buy and sell within the same day?

2. After I have sold my stock, I believe the money will be credited to my account immediately and I can use it right away to purchase my new stock, am I right?
Old 11-11-2015, 08:45 AM   #4943

1 :no 2: yes

1. Is it possible to buy a stock and sell within T+3? What about if I buy and sell within the same day?

2. After I have sold my stock, I believe the money will be credited to my account immediately and I can use it right away to purchase my new stock, am I right?
Old 11-11-2015, 09:04 AM   #4944
Supremacy Member

No. It is something like cash upfront account. You need money inside the settlement account before you commence your trade.

Yes you can use the cash immediately to purchase stock after selling but you cannot transfer the money until it appeared in your settlement account.

Old 11-11-2015, 09:12 AM   #4945
Supremacy Member

anyone tried to trade using SRS $ (with dbs) with this SCB trading account, do-able ma?

or for the matter, anyone trade any method to trade using SRS $ (e.g. to buy unit trusts) sorry i know its OOP for the second qn
Old 11-11-2015, 09:25 AM   #4946

hey all,

just applied for trading account at scb.. wondering how long before it will be ready?
Old 11-11-2015, 10:55 AM   #4947
Supremacy Member

anyone tried to trade using SRS $ (with dbs) with this SCB trading account, do-able ma?

or for the matter, anyone trade any method to trade using SRS $ (e.g. to buy unit trusts) sorry i know its OOP for the second qn
No you can't do it with SCB but you can do it with DBS, CIMB, UOB iirc.

Old 11-11-2015, 10:56 AM   #4948
Supremacy Member

hey all,

just applied for trading account at scb.. wondering how long before it will be ready?
Give them 2 weeks to process and give them a call if there is still no changes.

Old 11-11-2015, 11:07 AM   #4949

Buy $12, Sell $12. Total $24.
If you are buying in quantity of 6k+ per trade, it's worth it.

Otherwise, you just need a scb dash account and a trading account which don't have any sort of maintenance fee.

Also, btw, if you are buying overseas stocks, DBS also uses a custodian, that means you can't sell using other brokers.
thanks for sharing
Old 11-11-2015, 11:13 AM   #4950
Supremacy Member

No you can't do it with SCB but you can do it with DBS, CIMB, UOB iirc.
oh ! ok .... thanks .... looks like i have to stick with DBS
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.