HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Like Tree964Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-11-2015, 04:42 PM   #5146
Master Member

Dividends in for starhub and Keppel reits...

Old 01-12-2015, 07:37 AM   #5147
Arch-Supremacy Member

Eh, wrong, the amount is already deducted the minute you buy. The updating is 3 working days later though.

The way to test it is if you sell something that is $100, immediately you can buy something that cost $100 even though the account says $0.
seems this is right.

need $ in account before can purchase anything

$ deducted but only reflected after T+3

a bit confusing though if you are buying a lot of different stocks on one day. don't know how much is left unless manually count
Perisher likes this.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:49 AM   #5148
High Supremacy Member

seems this is right.

need $ in account before can purchase anything

$ deducted but only reflected after T+3

a bit confusing though if you are buying a lot of different stocks on one day. don't know how much is left unless manually count
before you click confirm buying, there is a box to the right that says 'refresh fund available or something'. That one is supposedly used to tell you how much fund you really have. I don't find it accurate though.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:50 AM   #5149
High Supremacy Member

Guys I have just applied a dash account for the SC trading. May I know that is it compulsory to apply the token for the dash account ?
Not sure though I always use sms for most matters.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:48 AM   #5150
Master Member

Eh, wrong, the amount is already deducted the minute you buy. The updating is 3 working days later though.

The way to test it is if you sell something that is $100, immediately you can buy something that cost $100 even though the account says $0.
I would say it's frozen and not really immediately deducted. Anyway on the user end it's the same. Can see cannot touch
Old 01-12-2015, 08:52 AM   #5151
High Supremacy Member

I would say it's frozen and not really immediately deducted. Anyway on the user end it's the same. Can see cannot touch
I think you still missed the point. It is immediate.
You can test by selling a stock and using that $$ immediately to buy another stock.
The only freezing is you can't move it into other accounts but for buy/sell, Immediate.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:55 AM   #5152
Master Member

I think you still missed the point. It is immediate.
You can test by selling a stock and using that $$ immediately to buy another stock.
The only freezing is you can't move it into other accounts but for buy/sell, Immediate.
I get your point. All actions are immediate but I don't think the deduction on the bank's end is immediate. All the other prefunded accounts the brokers also tell me need to wait for the amount to be deducted and it's 3 days.

I don't know why we're squabbling over this. For the user it really makes no difference at all.
Old 01-12-2015, 08:59 AM   #5153
High Supremacy Member

I get your point. All actions are immediate but I don't think the deduction on the bank's end is immediate. All the other prefunded accounts the brokers also tell me need to wait for the amount to be deducted and it's 3 days.

I don't know why we're squabbling over this. For the user it really makes no difference at all.
erm... it does makes a difference when one buy/sell but oh well.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:02 AM   #5154
Master Member

erm... it does makes a difference why one buy/sell but oh well.
I think the gist of it is SCB can't tell you with any sort of accuracy how much funds you have if you are actively buying or selling. Need to track it yourself
Old 02-12-2015, 10:56 AM   #5155

on top of the 0.2% commission, will there be GST also? i tried to buy a counter with a little over the amount after commission, says i dont have enough purchasing power
Old 02-12-2015, 10:58 AM   #5156
Supremacy Member

on top of the 0.2% commission, will there be GST also? i tried to buy a counter with a little over the amount after commission, says i dont have enough purchasing power
Yes there will be GST charged on the commission itself .

Edit: don't forget about SGX's clearing fee too

Old 02-12-2015, 01:16 PM   #5157

Go to Online Trading > Fees and Services > Cost Calculator

After inputting the parameters, they will show you the breakdown, but no GST is included.

To calculate actual, use this formula:

Trade Consideration + [(Client Commission + SG Clearing Fee) x 1.07], round up any cents. That should give you a more accurate picture.
Old 02-12-2015, 02:27 PM   #5158
Supremacy Member

Go to Online Trading > Fees and Services > Cost Calculator

After inputting the parameters, they will show you the breakdown, but no GST is included.

To calculate actual, use this formula:

Trade Consideration + [(Client Commission + SG Clearing Fee) x 1.07], round up any cents. That should give you a more accurate picture.
Yep, follow his formula.

Bedokian likes this.
Old 03-12-2015, 04:02 PM   #5159

Question

I have a question.

I read that I need a CDP account along with a brokerage account to trade. But when I went into a SCB branch they said I don't need a CDP account. Is this true?
Old 03-12-2015, 04:07 PM   #5160

I have a question.

I read that I need a CDP account along with a brokerage account to trade. But when I went into a SCB branch they said I don't need a CDP account. Is this true?
True. 10 char.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.