HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Like Tree964Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2015, 06:41 PM   #5176
Supremacy Member

For the other brokerages, you have to get it inside CDP before XD in order to be eligible for dividends.

Think it should be the same for SCB.
[/URL]
If the person who buys before XD doesn't get the dividends who gets the dividends?

Isn't the record date 2 days after the XD which gives time for the dividends to be delivered?
Old 04-12-2015, 06:48 PM   #5177

Not sure if this has already been mentioned before but just gonna share. I noticed some discrepancy for my Silverlake Axis dividends I was supposed to receive. I was initially holding 1000 shares and had bought an additional 1000 shares a few days prior to XD. When the payment came in, I found that I was only credited for 1000 shares. Upon checking with SCB, they clarified that the shares only count as being in your possession after the settlement period (T+3).

One disadvantage to lookout for if you're buying shares for dividends using SCB.
Anyway, SLA had 2 XD dates pretty close to each other - one on 30 Oct and the other on 18 Nov. The payment for 18 Nov is not in yet for me with SCB (payment date 3 Dec). Probably by next Mon then in. You may want to verify with the date you bought your shares and the date that the dividends were received.
Old 04-12-2015, 06:58 PM   #5178
Great Supremacy Member

Not sure if this has already been mentioned before but just gonna share. I noticed some discrepancy for my Silverlake Axis dividends I was supposed to receive. I was initially holding 1000 shares and had bought an additional 1000 shares a few days prior to XD. When the payment came in, I found that I was only credited for 1000 shares. Upon checking with SCB, they clarified that the shares only count as being in your possession after the settlement period (T+3).

One disadvantage to lookout for if you're buying shares for dividends using SCB.
I think either you got the dates wrong or Scb is wrong. I have bought many counters a day before XD date itself and gotten my divvy.

Will check and update here.
Old 04-12-2015, 07:47 PM   #5179

I think the staff anyhow explain. I bought share from scb before XD date (i.e still CD status), and received dividend.

XD date (ex-dividend or exclude from dividend) is XD date.

CD date (cum-dividend or include for dividend) is CD date.

The date should be based on transaction filled date.
Their explanation on t+3, if buyer can't collect divvy, then who can collect? seller?

Old 04-12-2015, 07:50 PM   #5180
Supremacy Member

Or just call them and get another person to answer your queries ba

Old 04-12-2015, 08:09 PM   #5181
Greater Supremacy Member

For the other brokerages, you have to get it inside CDP before XD in order to be eligible for dividends.

Think it should be the same for SCB.
No, u can buy contra on last day of cd and still get the dividend leh
Old 04-12-2015, 08:13 PM   #5182
High Supremacy Member

Checked my contract notes... found one exampke. I bought Sembcorp 12 Aug, ex div 14 Aug. I got the div payout.

Perisher likes this.
Old 05-12-2015, 12:04 AM   #5183
Supremacy Member

No, u can buy contra on last day of cd and still get the dividend leh
Oh. Then he need to call in again liao lor

Old 05-12-2015, 10:10 AM   #5184
Arch-Supremacy Member

newbie here, just started trading with poems which i open long time ago.

seem that SCB commission is way lower. Any pro and con between the 2?

dividend from shares bought from SCB work the same as poems? credit to bank a/c? but a SCB account? so need to open an account with them?

TIA
Old 05-12-2015, 10:14 AM   #5185
Master Member

newbie here, just started trading with poems which i open long time ago.

seem that SCB commission is way lower. Any pro and con between the 2?

dividend from shares bought from SCB work the same as poems? credit to bank a/c? but a SCB account? so need to open an account with them?

TIA
Dividends will be in your scb settlement account and you will need to manually transfer to your SCB savings account before you can transfer the money out. Sign up for a dash account
Old 05-12-2015, 10:23 AM   #5186
Arch-Supremacy Member

Dividends will be in your scb settlement account and you will need to manually transfer to your SCB savings account before you can transfer the money out. Sign up for a dash account
sound complicated??
what is dash account?

i chance upon this :
http://thefinance.sg/2015/01/13/stan...ness-what-now/

will not affect trading platform?
Old 05-12-2015, 10:33 AM   #5187
Greater Supremacy Member

sound complicated??
what is dash account?

i chance upon this :
http://thefinance.sg/2015/01/13/stan...ness-what-now/

will not affect trading platform?
Look at the date of the article lah
Old 05-12-2015, 04:58 PM   #5188
High Supremacy Member

Quite disappointed with SCB.

I got my dash easy account via SingTel. After I got my atm card etc, I go down to their branch to apply for trading account with my dash easy. Told cannot, die die need esavers. Waste one trip.

I went home, applied for trading account thru online banking with dash easy account. Eh, can leh! Everything go thru Sui Sui, last week got a call for face to face verification for my SCB trading account. Ytd lunch time I go down to their branch. CSO say ok settle already, ask me go home wait. This is my second trip.

Then today rec call in the morning say, face to face verification is for my dash easy account ask me go down to PS to sign some form. I told them my dash easy account already activated, you ask me go down again for fark? Then I ask them how about my trading account, they ask me simi trading account, their computer got no record!

They ask me go down verify for trading account in the end become simi trading account. Tml is my third trip Liao, they really knn one... Set up one simple account can drag for one month plus wasted trips

Last edited by Franzz; 05-12-2015 at 05:04 PM..
Old 05-12-2015, 05:12 PM   #5189
Greater Supremacy Member

I got my dash easy account via SingTel. After I got my atm card etc, I go down to their branch to apply for trading account with my dash easy. Told cannot, die die need esavers. Waste one trip.

I went home, applied for trading account thru online banking with dash easy account. Eh, can leh! Everything go thru Sui Sui, last week got a call for face to face verification for my SCB trading account. Ytd lunch time I go down to their branch. CSO say ok settle already, ask me go home wait. This is my second trip.

Then today rec call in the morning say, face to face verification is for my dash easy account ask me go down to PS to sign some form. I told them my dash easy account already activated, you ask me go down again for fark? Then I ask them how about my trading account, they ask me simi trading account, their computer got no record!

They ask me go down verify for trading account in the end become simi trading account. Tml is my third trip Liao, they really knn one... Set up one simple account can drag for one month plus wasted trips
It's worth the effort

Imagine the amount of commission saved. Each time can save $24 per trade.

One week do 5 trades can save $100+ already. 1 month save $500, and 1 year save $10,000

Even if they scold me, I would still stick with them
Old 05-12-2015, 05:19 PM   #5190
Arch-Supremacy Member

you should have just opened the eSaver account first together with the trading account, then link your dash account to the trading account and then close down the esaver account.

I opened esaver together with the trading account and had no problems at all, and everything settled in less than a week by them. though did not try linking with dash account yet as heard they don't get any points for opening dash account so a lot try to siam doing it. or maybe its just the branch you went to or the banker
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.