HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Like Tree964Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2015, 05:13 AM   #5206
Great Supremacy Member

Shall take up the bros advise here to get a SCB trading acc. they do not have app like poems do right? I hope Mobile browser is supported.

Tml Sunday. Think east side nearest is NEX branch that ipen on Sunday. shld i make a dash acc first?
They would advice you to open a esaver. Don't think there is any point arguing with them. Just remember to open 2 account,
1 Esaver or Dash and
1 trading account.

For the trading account, tell them you wish to open all markets. Including US/UK etc... It's all free and it would be a hassle to go down again and open unless you intend to use IB next time.
Old 06-12-2015, 07:04 AM   #5207

Shall take up the bros advise here to get a SCB trading acc. they do not have app like poems do right? I hope Mobile browser is supported.

Tml Sunday. Think east side nearest is NEX branch that ipen on Sunday. shld i make a dash acc first?
if u use mobile have to switch the browser to desktop mode.
Old 06-12-2015, 09:31 AM   #5208
Arch-Supremacy Member

if u use mobile have to switch the browser to desktop mode.
there is an option after or before i log in?
Old 06-12-2015, 09:32 AM   #5209
Arch-Supremacy Member

They would advice you to open a esaver. Don't think there is any point arguing with them. Just remember to open 2 account,
1 Esaver or Dash and
1 trading account.

For the trading account, tell them you wish to open all markets. Including US/UK etc... It's all free and it would be a hassle to go down again and open unless you intend to use IB next time.
Whatz IB? Internet Banking?

about Esaver, i need to deposit $1k into the account then cancel the account within 6mnth? ( can cancel 1 day after approval? )

To link dash easy, so i just tell the bank staff to link it? how does it work? charges will bill to singtel bill via dash? what happen when u sell your share? $ go to dash? then how to get the mCash to out of dash?

EDIT: a bit confuse, dash easy account not = to dash app mCash? so is like a saving account but can dun use mCash feature? That mean need transfer $ to this account to pay for SCB online trading?

Last edited by Layers; 06-12-2015 at 09:40 AM..
Old 06-12-2015, 10:19 AM   #5210
Arch-Supremacy Member

IB is interactive brokers, one of the more popular and better international brokerages recommended by a lot of lao jiaos for trading on overseas exchanges
Old 06-12-2015, 10:39 AM   #5211
Arch-Supremacy Member

Did some reading, am I right to say Dash easy saving acc is just a saving acc but can link to dash mcash. Works like any other acc?

0.5% interest is way better than norm saving acc.

can use fast transfer? nv used before. shld be easy right?
Old 06-12-2015, 10:42 AM   #5212
Great Supremacy Member

I think you are still confused but it's pretty simple.

You only need to open 2 account.
Esaver or Dash
SSA.

If you look at the above, you will see 4 accounts under 2 heading,
A) Accounts
B) Investments

Under (B) Investments is the Securities Trading account which is just to tell you what's the total you have invested, it's not an actual account, more for reference only. You can ignore it. It's automatically created by default when you open a SCB online trading account.

Now for the meat.
Under (A) Accounts you have
1. Securities Settlement Account (SSA)
2. FCY Securities Settlement Account (FCY SSA)
3. Esaver/Dash

Esaver or Dash account acts as a saving/current account. It also acts as a bridge for you to transfer funds to 1 and 2. You cannot direct transfer funds to 1 and 2 from other banks. No way no how. You need either Esaver or Dash to transfer funds to 1 and 2.

What is SSA?
1 and 2 SSA are accounts in different currencies for you to buy/sell stocks.
This is your trading account.

As you can tell from the picture, 1 is in SGD, 2 is in USD. You can open as many different currency account as you want and I encourage you to open all the available currencies, it doesn't cost a thing. Just tell the person you want to trade all the markets and need all the FCY SSA open. The person will be lazy sometimes because it's a lot of paperwork.

So once you open a Esaver/Dash and a Trading Account(SSA), you can start to trade. All you need to do is transfer $$ into either Esaver or Dash and then transfer $$ from Esaver/Dash into the SSA. Use the SSA to buy/sell.

You need to use the right currency to buy the stock.
In SGX, most stocks are denoted in SGD, some are in other currency like USD. Hong Kong Land Holdings is one, Dairy Farm is another.
You can also use the USD to buy US stocks!
I encourage you to open at least USD FCY SSA.

So that's about it, hope it's clearer with the picture.
Read this...

Actually every question you asked have been answered before. Think if you use google plus a few key words like SCB, HWZ, etc... should be able to find the answer or use the search function in HWZ.
Layers likes this.

Last edited by Perisher; 06-12-2015 at 10:44 AM..
Old 06-12-2015, 10:49 AM   #5213
Master Member

I think either you got the dates wrong or Scb is wrong. I have bought many counters a day before XD date itself and gotten my divvy.

Will check and update here.
Hmm. Guess I'll check again. The person who contacted me mentioned that the shares were credited exactly 1 day after XD hence I was not eligible for the dividends.

*Edit* Ok because I have a bad habit of tossing away my stack of SCB mailers, I went back to check the historical prices of SLA to confirm when I actually bought the extra shares. Turns out it was on or after XD date. My bad guys, sorry for the misinformation

Last edited by SeVenn; 06-12-2015 at 11:12 AM..
Old 06-12-2015, 11:12 AM   #5214
Arch-Supremacy Member

Read this...

Actually every question you asked have been answered before. Think if you use google plus a few key words like SCB, HWZ, etc... should be able to find the answer or use the search function in HWZ.
POSB>Dash>trading

how long does it take to transfer of fund from dash to trading acc
Old 06-12-2015, 11:14 AM   #5215
Master Member

POSB>Dash>trading

Instant.

10c
Old 06-12-2015, 12:22 PM   #5216
High Supremacy Member

POSB>Dash>trading

Go to Plaza Sing to open the account.

I went to Vivo and ION to do my application and all, in the end still ask me go PS for face to face verification thingy
Old 06-12-2015, 12:25 PM   #5217
Master Member

Go to Plaza Sing to open the account.

I went to Vivo and ION to do my application and all, in the end still ask me go PS for face to face verification thingy
Don't need if you're SingTel customer
Old 06-12-2015, 12:41 PM   #5218
High Supremacy Member

Don't need if you're SingTel customer
I'm a SingTel user. Applied and activated my account. I know by right don't need. But still I was called down for verification.

SCB tends to cock up big time. Read my post in the previous page. My online trading application gone in the wind, have to redo again I think. I'm going down later to kan them liao

Their department not in sync. SCB account is one dept. SCB-ST dash is based at Plaza Sing is one dept. Online trading is one dept. Even their hotline diff number! And they don't communicate internally.
Old 06-12-2015, 01:15 PM   #5219
Supremacy Member

So many complaints about SCB, yet not many are saying that they will stop using it and go back to regular brokers.

I opened e-saver+online trading together, 1 visit, no hassle, no problem. Time is money, I want the most convenient option. I still have the option of closing esaver and applying dash later.

Those that want to save a few dollars and open Dash immediately without esaver, why complain? So many threads already mention that you will face some hassles doing so. If you don't want the hassle, just do the esaver method to open trading account. Can always close later.
Old 06-12-2015, 01:18 PM   #5220
High Supremacy Member

Quite disappointed with SCB.

I got my dash easy account via SingTel. After I got my atm card etc, I go down to their branch to apply for trading account with my dash easy. Told cannot, die die need esavers. Waste one trip.

I went home, applied for trading account thru online banking with dash easy account. Eh, can leh! Everything go thru Sui Sui, last week got a call for face to face verification for my SCB trading account. Ytd lunch time I go down to their branch. CSO say ok settle already, ask me go home wait. This is my second trip.

Then today rec call in the morning say, face to face verification is for my dash easy account ask me go down to PS to sign some form. I told them my dash easy account already activated, you ask me go down again for fark? Then I ask them how about my trading account, they ask me simi trading account, their computer got no record!

They ask me go down verify for trading account in the end become simi trading account. Tml is my third trip Liao, they really knn one... Set up one simple account can drag for one month plus wasted trips
Continuing from my previous post...

Today go down to Plaza Sing SCB-Dash team, bear in mind this is my THIRD trip hor, they told me they never call me and my account is good and rolling already!

Wah wah wah, sibei hot. Treat me like idiot, make me run around all over. Then I ask them then why your SCB staff ask me come down here? They also don't know.

Then I ask them, how is my trading account application? They ask me call the online trading hotline, which is only open on weekdays. WIN LIAO~!!

1. SCB staff reject my Online Trading application, but I was able to do it online myself.
2. Online Trading team call me to go down to SCB branch for verification.
3. I go down to the branch, SCB staff ask me go down to Dash.
4. Now Dash staff ask me go find Online Trading team!

Merry-go-round. What a farce.

SCB: 1800 747 7000 (去死 去去!!)
Online Trading: 1800 242 5333 (饿死?!)
Dash: 1800 4380 3274 (死三八 去死?!)
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.