HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Like Tree964Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2015, 01:21 PM   #5221
High Supremacy Member

So many complaints about SCB, yet not many are saying that they will stop using it and go back to regular brokers.
cos moi ish broke lad and my lao pei and unker's de brokers all only handles trade above 50k... chao chao charge also 3-digit fees for simple trade...
Old 06-12-2015, 01:32 PM   #5222
Supremacy Member

I got my dash easy account via SingTel. After I got my atm card etc, I go down to their branch to apply for trading account with my dash easy. Told cannot, die die need esavers. Waste one trip.
The staff told you that you need esaver, if you applied esaver on the spot, your problem is solved. For me, 1 visit= esaver+online trading, account opened immediately.

The staff told you that your application will not be allowed without esaver.

You then go and apply through the website for online trading even though you don't have esaver.

Guess what, the word apply doesn't mean approved. After you apply, your application can still be rejected.

But the sharing is useful, I think in future, others will just apply esaver+online trading at one visit then to go through the hassle you went through. And cancel esaver later.
Old 06-12-2015, 01:51 PM   #5223
Supremacy Member

Unhappy

Continuing from my previous post...

Today go down to Plaza Sing SCB-Dash team, bear in mind this is my THIRD trip hor, they told me they never call me and my account is good and rolling already!

Wah wah wah, sibei hot. Treat me like idiot, make me run around all over. Then I ask them then why your SCB staff ask me come down here? They also don't know.

Then I ask them, how is my trading account application? They ask me call the online trading hotline, which is only open on weekdays. WIN LIAO~!!

1. SCB staff reject my Online Trading application, but I was able to do it online myself.
2. Online Trading team call me to go down to SCB branch for verification.
3. I go down to the branch, SCB staff ask me go down to Dash.
4. Now Dash staff ask me go find Online Trading team!

Merry-go-round. What a farce.

SCB: 1800 747 7000 (去死 去去!!)
Online Trading: 1800 242 5333 (饿死?!)
Dash: 1800 4380 3274 (死三八 去死?!)
Yah scb customer service is no good. DASH seems to be operated by a different department from their other retail banking accounts. I gave up setting up DASH cos they couldnt find the reason why my account was rejected. Now i maintain 1k in my eSaver and treat it as part of my emergency fund.
Old 06-12-2015, 01:52 PM   #5224
High Supremacy Member

Yeah man, my fault for assuming esaver got early cancellation fee like other banks. If I read the terms carefully and know got no penalty, I would have applied that day and settle all for once.
Old 06-12-2015, 02:14 PM   #5225
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yeah man, my fault for assuming esaver got early cancellation fee like other banks. If I read the terms carefully and know got no penalty, I would have applied that day and settle all for once.
so settle? can buy stock liao? link with dash?
Old 06-12-2015, 02:18 PM   #5226
High Supremacy Member

so settle? can buy stock liao? link with dash?
No... Tml will call in again. Online trading dept not working on weekends.

If still cannot, have to make one more trip down to open esaver and apply over the counter.
Old 06-12-2015, 02:25 PM   #5227
Arch-Supremacy Member

No... Tml will call in again. Online trading dept not working on weekends.

If still cannot, have to make one more trip down to open esaver and apply over the counter.
wa faint......think i put on hold first......
Old 06-12-2015, 02:30 PM   #5228
Great Supremacy Member

It's actually very simple, just go to the branch apply Esaver and trading account, that's it.
Complication comes when one wanna apply online or dash or other stuff because the rm there can't be bothered, just wanna follow their sop, open Esaver and sg trading account.

Edit: oh, and fulfilling 1 of the 3 criteria.

Last edited by Perisher; 06-12-2015 at 02:39 PM..
Old 06-12-2015, 02:35 PM   #5229
High Supremacy Member

I think can la.

I tried to play around with their system cos I didn't want to open another savings account and thought they have early cancellation fee for esaver. If I know earlier don't have, I would open one simply to apply for online trading account and close immediately once they approve.

Tell you what. Go down to their Plaza Singapura branch and apply esavers ($1,000 initial deposit), Dash easy account and online trading account (all market and currency) one shot. I think within one week can settle already. Once your trading account up and running, go close your esaver for no fees. So you have your dash easy account (no min deposit) and online trading account to do your investment.

I applied online for dash easy via SingTel, so need to wait for ATM card, PIN number, one key token... All sent separately. Receive all then can go iBanking to apply trading account. Then have to wait again. Don't make the same mistake as me.
Old 06-12-2015, 02:36 PM   #5230
Arch-Supremacy Member

It's actually very simple, just go to the branch apply Esaver and trading account, that's it.
Complication comes when one wanna apply online or dash or other stuff because the rm there can't be bothered, just wanna follow their sop, open Esaver and sg trading account.
yep, interest rate also quite good for first 1-2 months at least .
Old 06-12-2015, 03:52 PM   #5231

Edit: oh, and fulfilling 1 of the 3 criteria.
Yes, scb do not allow opening of dash + trading account. Will be required to open Esaver. Apparently the officer who served me told me there was a circulation that customers will be required to have Esaver to open a trading account.
Old 06-12-2015, 04:15 PM   #5232

there is an option after or before i log in?
You have to choose from your mobile browser before login.
Old 06-12-2015, 05:10 PM   #5233
Arch-Supremacy Member

I think can la.

I tried to play around with their system cos I didn't want to open another savings account and thought they have early cancellation fee for esaver. If I know earlier don't have, I would open one simply to apply for online trading account and close immediately once they approve.

Tell you what. Go down to their Plaza Singapura branch and apply esavers ($1,000 initial deposit), Dash easy account and online trading account (all market and currency) one shot. I think within one week can settle already. Once your trading account up and running, go close your esaver for no fees. So you have your dash easy account (no min deposit) and online trading account to do your investment.

I applied online for dash easy via SingTel, so need to wait for ATM card, PIN number, one key token... All sent separately. Receive all then can go iBanking to apply trading account. Then have to wait again. Don't make the same mistake as me.
$1k can deposit can by transfer or cash/cheque?

i guess they return the $ by cheque when u close?
Old 06-12-2015, 08:50 PM   #5234
Arch-Supremacy Member

Yes, scb do not allow opening of dash + trading account. Will be required to open Esaver. Apparently the officer who served me told me there was a circulation that customers will be required to have Esaver to open a trading account.
LOL! Think too many people doing it liao, hehe

Old 06-12-2015, 08:52 PM   #5235
Arch-Supremacy Member

$1k can deposit can by transfer or cash/cheque?

i guess they return the $ by cheque when u close?
Can use FAST transfer. e$aver and Dash both can use FAST.

When I closed my e$aver, I did a transfer for a few dollars and cents left in it to my securities settlement account, LOL!

Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.