Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Haha. Thanks fr e reply :). I prefer ba zhang :). Lol

Imo no need to transfer over. Start buying and selling new us shares with scb lah.. Transfer fee from custodian to custodian is $50 but selling at dbsv is $25 so might as well sell off at your us shares at Dbsv.

Arsene_Wenger

Suspended
Reaction score
Imo no need to transfer over. Start buying and selling new us shares with scb lah.. Transfer fee from custodian to custodian is $50 but selling at dbsv is $25 so might as well sell off at your us shares at Dbsv.

Initially wanted to put all on same platform so e portfolio is easier to track but then u r right! :) No point waste tat $50. Can use it to buy moon cake :)

digitalguy

Reaction score
bro, as per sgx, yesterday was de dividend payable day, normally scb takes a day to credit. today is saturday, so most likely they will credit on monday( my guess ). i asked just to confirm from fella butties here :D

Panzerf

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone done a transfer of shares from existing brokerage to SCB? How much does SCB charge?

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any pro here know how rights issue work with SCB?

stanchart oficers or RM will call every shareholder. and you will also receive a letter from them.

you just need to act accordingly. the deadline is tighter than public processing time because stanchart needs to consolidate.

daylight

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone done a transfer of shares from existing brokerage to SCB? How much does SCB charge?

some one wrote abt the process a few pages back.

i submitted the transfer form to SCB on 14-Aug, still waiting for it to transfer over.

Panerex

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Commission is slightly different but still very low.

Also, you can only transfer funds into your US securities account during office hours. So if you didn't transfer money in during the day, you can't trade at night!

So even after transfer but didn't transact in the US market, the next day can transfer back right?

And for you know, maybe able to transfer back at a more favorable rate and make some FX GAIN

Panzerf

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
some one wrote abt the process a few pages back.

i submitted the transfer form to SCB on 14-Aug, still waiting for it to transfer over.

I went to CDP to do the transfer , CDP say go ask SCB for the charges. I went to SCB to do the transfer. SCB ask me to go CDP to ask for the charges.:s22:

Lost_Found

Master Member
Reaction score
stanchart oficers or RM will call every shareholder. and you will also receive a letter from them.

you just need to act accordingly. the deadline is tighter than public processing time because stanchart needs to consolidate.

Wa like that if I sell "mother" buy "daughter", deadline will be even tighter

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wa like that if I sell "mother" buy "daughter", deadline will be even tighter

you are just making the "affair" complicated by getting the "mother" and "daughter" involved. :s13:

so this is a very tough situation not suitable for the layman.

Lost_Found

Master Member
Reaction score
you are just making the "affair" complicated by getting the "mother" and "daughter" involved. :s13:

so this is a very tough situation not suitable for the layman.

but got opportunities for profit taking, why not?
just scare SCB buay zai nia

addict951

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
I went to CDP to do the transfer , CDP say go ask SCB for the charges. I went to SCB to do the transfer. SCB ask me to go CDP to ask for the charges.:s22:

hokay, think i go trsf riao
i think really no chrgs after all, ie. FREE :crazy:

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
hokay, think i go trsf riao
i think really no chrgs after all, ie. FREE :crazy:

someone said earlier in this thread that now got promotion that scb will absorb all transfer fee from cdp

daylight

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just now SCB called to say transfer rejected.
the from they give me is different frm the one i found in CDP website.
sibei blur.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.