Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

WLM_WLM

Banned
Reaction score
Hi all, i have just created my account in scb. there were 3 accounts in my name.

1) SECURITIES SETTLEMENT ACCOUNT
2) FCY SECURITIES SETTLEMENT ACCOUNT
3) SECURITIES TRADING ACCOUNT

Which one do i use or deposit into if i wanna trade?

sakuraji

Reaction score
Deposit here for SG market
Deposit here for Foreign market
Display your portfolio value

WLM_WLM

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks all. Btw one more question, how do you guys trade using your mobile? I login the website thru my android phone and the website seems to be messed up. I can't even find the online trading button.

Last edited:

Mad_Stranger

Reaction score
Deposit here for SG market
Deposit here for Foreign market
Display your portfolio value

more correctly, it depends on the currency your counter is traded in.

sakuraji

Reaction score
Thanks all. Btw one more question, how do you guys trade using your mobile? I login the website thru my android phone and the website seems to be messed up. I can't even find the online trading button.

Download chrome and change to desktop mode at login page.

cHAmy27

Reaction score
I think its true that CAR is no longer in place as my trading page can be used after reading a long agreement of risk disclosure.

I am still pretty confused on the best usage for the SCB trading in comparison to other platform like vickers, KH, ocbc, blah.

PROS
1. Can accumulate reits lot by lot at low commission

2. Ease of money deposit/withdrawal thru esaver

SO basically I can use it for all buy/sell transaction below $10K?

Then my other CDP linked brokerage do what?

CONS
1. As it is not linked to cdp, you dont get the annual report, or agm
However you still can request to transfer to CDP individually within 2 weeks with a small fee of $10.

2. Getting real time quotes is difficult (so which one is better for reading quotes? I heard kim eng, J stock?)

actually it will be nice if the pro and cons will be on 1st page

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Then my other CDP linked brokerage do what?

CONS
1. As it is not linked to cdp, you dont get the annual report, or agm
However you still can request to transfer to CDP individually within 2 weeks with a small fee of $10.

2. Getting real time quotes is difficult (so which one is better for reading quotes? I heard kim eng, J stock?)

actually it will be nice if the pro and cons will be on 1st page

your other brokerages can be backup. and just let them be idle. they will not be close. :s13:

1) are you holding big number of shares such that they can affect the outcome of the vote? if yes, you can talk to your priority or preferred banking RM or SCB so that you can attend the AGM. as for the annual reports, you are abit outdated. nowadays, everyone is going paperless and smartphones. so download or read them online.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
your other brokerages can be backup. and just let them be idle. they will not be close. :s13:

1) are you holding big number of shares such that they can affect the outcome of the vote? if yes, you can talk to your priority or preferred banking RM or SCB so that you can attend the AGM. as for the annual reports, you are abit outdated. nowadays, everyone is going paperless and smartphones. so download or read them online.

aya, they want to go agm jiak free buffet la

BusteR

Reaction score
anyone still remember how long it takes to activate?
i applied yday night.
do i have to wait for a pin or code or anything via snailpost?

WLM_WLM

Banned
Reaction score
Hi all, got one more question to ask, how do i increase my trading limits? And Is there any broker allocated to me? How do i contact them?>

Lost_Found

Master Member
Reaction score
There is no trading limit, it all depend on how much money u have in ur acct, is a cash upfront transaction/acct

WLM_WLM

Banned
Reaction score
There is no trading limit, it all depend on how much money u have in ur acct, is a cash upfront transaction/acct

Ic.. I have just transferred a sum of money into my SECURITIES SETTLEMENT ACCOUNT , the amt of money is shown inside but my purchaing limit is still unchanged. Do i have to wait a while more?

WLM_WLM

Banned
Reaction score
It shd reflect the changes instantly, don need to wait, try clicking on the refresh button?

Nope, had been refreshing it numerous times, it's been unchanged since morning till now. Is there a broker that i could call to ask?

WLM_WLM

Banned
Reaction score
i just gave the customer service officer a call, she said that i couldn't transfer the amt of money straight away from my posb account to my SECURITIES SETTLEMENT ACCOUNT, must transfer to my scb savings account first then to my SECURITIES SETTLEMENT ACCOUNT. If not, the trading limit won't be updated immed. is that true?

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
i just gave the customer service officer a call, she said that i couldn't transfer the amt of money straight away from my posb account to my SECURITIES SETTLEMENT ACCOUNT, must transfer to my scb savings account first then to my SECURITIES SETTLEMENT ACCOUNT. If not, the trading limit won't be updated immed. is that true?

yes, he is correct

tranfer into your scb bank acct, then transfer to securities settlement account

WLM_WLM

Banned
Reaction score
yes, he is correct

tranfer into your scb bank acct, then transfer to securities settlement account

omg.. i straight away transferred to my securities settlement account instead.. how long do i have to wait for it to be reflected in my trading limits? i asked the CSO abt it, she told me she don't know :s22::s22:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.