Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

doody_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Always transfer to your e$aver account first, then to your trading account.

fergieisking

Reaction score
is there a way to check what sgx shares can i buy wif scb trading platform first b4 i sign up for it? i heard ph1s (sgs gov bonds) cannot be bought wif scb, is that true?

WLM_WLM

Banned
Reaction score
i notice a very strange thing today. i bought XXX shares at 3.87 ytd, but the avg price reflected in my stock portfolio section today is 3.86. lol?

doody_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i notice a very strange thing today. i bought XXX shares at 3.87 ytd, but the avg price reflected in my stock portfolio section today is 3.86. lol?

SCB doesn't keep a record of the price you bought it at... the price you see in the portfolio section will change everyday as the stock price moves.

WLM_WLM

Banned
Reaction score
SCB doesn't keep a record of the price you bought it at... the price you see in the portfolio section will change everyday as the stock price moves.

why is that so??? the price will change everyday??

My Little Diary 88

Reaction score
why is that so??? the price will change everyday??

That's what I thought at first. Then after a while, I noticed the price changes is not applied consistently across the shares in the portfolio. That's when I print screen and keep a record.

What's important is that the number of shares do not change. The other point is that you should keep track of the average price you bought for that counter. This will allow you to determine if the profit or loss is within your limits.

There are other brokerages which track all these for you but as some say, plus and minus.

My Little Diary 88

Reaction score
is there a way to check what sgx shares can i buy wif scb trading platform first b4 i sign up for it? i heard ph1s (sgs gov bonds) cannot be bought wif scb, is that true?

I remembered asking this question. The answer I got at that time was that sg gov bonds cannot be purchased through this platform.

My Little Diary 88

Reaction score
i just gave the customer service officer a call, she said that i couldn't transfer the amt of money straight away from my posb account to my SECURITIES SETTLEMENT ACCOUNT, must transfer to my scb savings account first then to my SECURITIES SETTLEMENT ACCOUNT. If not, the trading limit won't be updated immed. is that true?

That's because the securities settlement account is not a 'banking' account but rather one created for the purposes of online transactions. The various settlement account in sgd, euro, sterling, usd, etc are also not 'banking accounts' which means you cannot deposit foreign currency cheques or withdraw foreign currencies from it.

Thus for interbank transfers, it will have to be from your posb account to a banking account in stanchart (esaver, xtrasaver, etc) and from there, a transfer to any securities settlement accounts for trading purposes. Depending on banks, the interbank transfer will take about three days on average.

pleeted

Reaction score
currently on a basic esaver account and transferring fund via dbs, nt sure if it is good to own a scb account/credit card if i decided to use scb and trade often?

plz advise.

nuar777

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I was trying to open SCB trading a/c today, but failed due to not passing Customer Assessment Review (CAR), with questions like "do I possess relevant work experience, education and investment experience".

I didn't find in this thread anything about it. Is there a way to get through it, if I don't have any stock investment experience? I did some mutual funds before, but guess it doesn't count, coz they recognize only SIP products.

I thought for beginner it's easier to start with SCB (due to no minimum commission), but it looks like that to start with SCB I need to trade somewhere else first. :s22:

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I was trying to open SCB trading a/c today, but failed due to not passing Customer Assessment Review (CAR), with questions like "do I possess relevant work experience, education and investment experience".

I didn't find in this thread anything about it. Is there a way to get through it, if I don't have any stock investment experience? I did some mutual funds before, but guess it doesn't count, coz they recognize only SIP products.

I thought for beginner it's easier to start with SCB (due to no minimum commission), but it looks like that to start with SCB I need to trade somewhere else first. :s22:
I think you can take an online short lesson on Sgx website and then with that, you can be considered as CAR qualified.
Not sure if the regulations change again..

fortunecat

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Can just put some name of shares in that section, but not too sure if they will really go and check whether got you trade before or not.

Wildreamz

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I recently took CAR, some multiple choice, and you are good to go.

Alternatively, just say you bought some unit trust, they will not check, same as POEMS. But do take note that all responsibility of your investment lies with you.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Check out this post i made in this thread

http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.com.sg/72905337-post1199.html

You only need to pass the CAR to buy etf and warrants

You do not need to pass this test to buy local or foreign shares, tell that to the rm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.