Like Tree964Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-08-2012, 04:50 PM   #976
High Supremacy Member

I was told to call the cdp for the security code for the shares I wanna trf,
How did u guys get the security code?
go to sgx.com.
go to the individual stock to see the details.
all the code are there
Old 30-08-2012, 06:32 PM   #977
Arch-Supremacy Member

Can use cpf to buy stock with scb?
Old 30-08-2012, 08:43 PM   #978

Today I tried to trade Yoma on SCB & found out that I was not able to search on this stock. Called SCB & was told that this stock is restricted & cannot be traded in SCB.I asked if there would be a list of restricted stocks & was told unable to provide,they could not provide me the reason on the restriction either. So punters out there, be forewarn if you think all SGX stocks can be traded or transferred from CDP acct to SCB.
Better check whether it is not restricted in SCB.Yoma being a high volume play stock....there can be more out there.
Old 30-08-2012, 08:45 PM   #979

Alternatively u can access trade a stock in SCB online, there is a search feature on this page where u can type in key words to get the stock code & transact in SCB.
Old 30-08-2012, 08:46 PM   #980

Can use cpf to buy stock with scb?
Nope, this cannot be done.
Old 30-08-2012, 09:44 PM   #981
Greater Supremacy Member

Today I tried to trade Yoma on SCB & found out that I was not able to search on this stock. Called SCB & was told that this stock is restricted & cannot be traded in SCB.I asked if there would be a list of restricted stocks & was told unable to provide,they could not provide me the reason on the restriction either. So punters out there, be forewarn if you think all SGX stocks can be traded or transferred from CDP acct to SCB.
Better check whether it is not restricted in SCB.Yoma being a high volume play stock....there can be more out there.
Scb got play contra one ah? Why got restricted list one? And it's Yoma lehh.. What about tt int, gsh corp, aussino, new generation etc??
Old 30-08-2012, 10:43 PM   #982
Honorary Member

think scb a bit copy UOBKH
those high risk counter they brock
Old 31-08-2012, 12:07 PM   #983
Arch-Supremacy Member

Scb got play contra one ah? Why got restricted list one? And it's Yoma lehh.. What about tt int, gsh corp, aussino, new generation etc??
no contra

think scb a bit copy UOBKH
those high risk counter they brock
Let me tell you all why e.g yoma cannot be traded on SCB. SCB said is because yoma has dealings in myramar which USA has sanctions over myanmar which some on their brokers which handles the share over europe e.g UBS has dealings with some USA banks. This cause them to resist to dealing some shares.

then again disclaimer applies* and this is not anyone guess I got a letter from SCB
Old 31-08-2012, 12:08 PM   #984
Greater Supremacy Member

no contra

Let me tell you all why e.g yoma cannot be traded on SCB. SCB said is because yoma has dealings in myramar which USA has sanctions over myanmar which some on their brokers which handles the share over europe e.g UBS has dealings with some USA banks. This cause them to resist to dealing some shares.

then again disclaimer applies* and this is not anyone guess I got a letter from SCB
then sinheng, interra, ntegrator, informatics, UPP, etc?

but at least it more or less hint what scb is doing with your shares that they are helding..

can gpgt the letter?

Last edited by Sinkie; 31-08-2012 at 12:16 PM..
Old 31-08-2012, 06:10 PM   #985
Arch-Supremacy Member

then sinheng, interra, ntegrator, informatics, UPP, etc?

but at least it more or less hint what scb is doing with your shares that they are helding..

can gpgt the letter?
that few I no idea liao.. I have to go dig out that letter maybe throw away already
Old 02-09-2012, 04:54 PM   #986

DBSVickers commission is 0.18% which is lower than SCB if you trade stocks with commissions above min amount.It is also cash upfront similar with SCB.
Not so sure if Vickers 0.18% applies to both buy & sell trades since sell trade do not require cash upfront.Also not sure if Vickers cash upfront trade is similar with SCB,where shares are held by the bank & not CDP...so investors are then binded to the bank & cannot use other trade houses to sell the shares.Anybody knows?
Old 02-09-2012, 05:09 PM   #987
Greater Supremacy Member

DBSVickers commission is 0.18% which is lower than SCB if you trade stocks with commissions above min amount.It is also cash upfront similar with SCB.
Not so sure if Vickers 0.18% applies to both buy & sell trades since sell trade do not require cash upfront.Also not sure if Vickers cash upfront trade is similar with SCB,where shares are held by the bank & not CDP...so investors are then binded to the bank & cannot use other trade houses to sell the shares.Anybody knows?
To buy is 0.18%, and shares will be kept in Cdp.

If sell within t+3, it's 0.18% also. Other than that it's normal 0.28%

For the cheapest method if buy contract above $10,000 is to use Dbsv to buy first, then transfer into scb and sell with 0.22% and no minimum comm..
Old 18-09-2012, 12:11 AM   #988
Master Member

how do i place a stop loss order? Anyone can teach me? Can seem to find that option.
Old 18-09-2012, 09:21 PM   #989

can i get some help regarding buying us stocks. do i have to transfer funds into the fcy securities settlement account first? i have tried transferring but it says that it cant be processed due to unavailability of rates.
Old 22-09-2012, 09:16 AM   #990
Supremacy Member

How long to get your account approved?

Wait more than 2 weeks still no news.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.