Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

imwarren

Reaction score
anyone know when will get the bonus shares after XB date??

As with dividend, you would usually get them one working day after the official payment/credit date (check on SGX)

but whenever shares on SCB announce bonus issue/DRP/rights issue, that will result in odd lots... sianz half...

because SCB doesn't have odd-lot trading, your odd lots are stuck with them until you transfer them out to CDP

TiOnGSquare

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how long it takes to open scb account? 3 days?

i went down to one of the scb branch a mth ago to open a bouns$aver account, account ready one week later tgt with a online banking access. I applied thru the online system for the trading account which took another 1 week. If u waited for more than 1 week, give scb a call, and u will find yr account be ready within 2 days :s12:. very happy experience with scb banking service so far =):D:o

HWZ1973

Master Member
Reaction score
Can anyone advise if I am to subscribe to rights, thwhere should the funds be parked?

digitalguy

Reaction score
i went down to one of the scb branch a mth ago to open a bouns$aver account, account ready one week later tgt with a online banking access. I applied thru the online system for the trading account which took another 1 week. If u waited for more than 1 week, give scb a call, and u will find yr account be ready within 2 days :s12:. very happy experience with scb banking service so far =):D:o

Noticed only settlement ac is opened, no trading account. Not sure why

foosm

Reaction score
trading acc with scb

hi all,

just opened a online trading account with SCB. a few questions to ask you guys...

i got a trading acc and 2 settlement acc (SGD and USD).

1. if i buy/sell in my trading acc, the cost/proceeds will be deducted/credited from/to my settlement accs?

2. if above is true, so i only have to top up my settlement accs by transferring from my normal SCB esaver acc to my settlement accs?

3. can i transfer SGD from my esaver to my USD settlement acc? if so, the exchange rate is per SCB rate? how to check this rate?

4. will the trading acc hold any cash? or it only holds stocks?

Thanks! Huat ah!

Lost_Found

Master Member
Reaction score
hi all,

just opened a online trading account with SCB. a few questions to ask you guys...

1. if i buy/sell in my trading acc, the cost/proceeds will be deducted/credited from/to my settlement accs?

2. if above is true, so i only have to top up my settlement accs by transferring from my normal SCB esaver acc to my settlement accs?

3. can i transfer SGD from my esaver to my USD settlement acc? if so, the exchange rate is per SCB rate? how to check this rate?

Thanks! Huat ah!

1,2, 3
Yes,
For exchange rate you can see when doing the trf, if u r not happy w the rate, just cancel the trnx
Only stocks

digitalguy

Reaction score
hi all,

Thanks! Huat ah!

bro, did you get ur trading and settlement ac opened up same time or just one or two days later :s11:

pohw0008

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As with dividend, you would usually get them one working day after the official payment/credit date (check on SGX)

but whenever shares on SCB announce bonus issue/DRP/rights issue, that will result in odd lots... sianz half...

because SCB doesn't have odd-lot trading, your odd lots are stuck with them until you transfer them out to CDP

official credit date should be the recorded date right??
MTQ XB on 5th July and recorded date is 8th July.
today is 9th but there is still no bonus shares in my trading account!!

but i sold the shares on the first day of XB.. will there be any problem? :(

digitalguy

Reaction score
bro, did you get ur trading and settlement ac opened up same time or just one or two days later :s11:

After i spoke to cso, today scb created online trading account for me.
do i need to fill up the CAR form and send it scb?. I did the declaration when i was opening up the account online.

Yowzer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How's the trading experience?

Is the platform fast or responsive? is is able to cope on high traffic days?

Has there been long downtimes or system crash before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.