Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

czycius

Reaction score
Hi,
Anyone tried using stanchart trading platform on your mobile before? There is no trading option for selection when using mobile via the web site.
TIA.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No you can't. I tried on Android even when you use browser user agent, you can login but not able to trade.
However when I use my ipad mini, it has no problem

i just placed a trade order on my Chrome browser. the order is reflected in the status.

nauhchop

Reaction score
i just placed a trade order on my Chrome browser. the order is reflected in the status.

I am using Note 2 and S4. Both also set to desktop browser. Used both the Internet App, can login but the tabs go out of place.
Used chrome also same issue, and it keeps hanging there.

You using IOS apple phone?

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
im on android.

try install Chrome UA Switcher from play. Dont tick the "Request desktop site" from within chrome browser.

rerear

Reaction score
read through most of this thread, took quite a while.

can I check whether I need to physically be at any branch at all to open the eSaver and trading/settlement accounts; can all be done online?

also I am intending to buy STI ETF, do I need to pass any CAR?

Last edited:

Wildreamz

Reaction score
read through most of this thread, took quite a while.

can I check whether I need to physically be at any branch at all to open the eSaver and trading/settlement accounts; can all be done online?

also I am intending to buy STI ETF, do I need to pass any CAR?

No need to be at branch.

You can declare you have bought Unit Trust before to pass CAR.

rerear

Reaction score
No need to be at branch.

You can declare you have bought Unit Trust before to pass CAR.

Thanks. Without CAR however, does that mean I can only trade in EIP ETFs? Think I also saw that somewhere in this thread about this, below excerpt from SGX.com

"....Investors can now trade a total of eight SGX ETFs without having to be pre-qualified because four additional ETFs have been classified as Excluded Investment Products (i.e. Non-Specified Investment Products) since 2 July....

Currently, ETFs are included under the list of Specified Investment Products (SIP) unless otherwise stated. Investors who wish to trade SIPs are required to be pre-qualified by the brokers through the Customer Account Review or take the SGX Online Education Programme. Please click here for more information on SIP...."

1. iShares Barclays Capital Asia Local 1-3 Year Currency Bond Index ETF*
  2. iShares Barclays Capital Asia Local Currency Bond Index ETF*
  3. iShares Barclays Capital USD Asia High Yield Bond Index ETF*
  4. iShares J.P Morgan USD Asia Credit Bond Index ETF*
  5. Nikko AM Singapore STI ETF
  6. ABF Singapore Bond Index Fund
  7. CIMB FTSE ASEAN 40 ETF*
  8. CIMB S&P Ethical Asia Pacific Dividend ETF*

PumpedUp

Reaction score
if i open a trading acct with scb, must i also open a savings acct with them? or can just giro from my dbs/posb acct whenever i buy shares using their platform?

rerear

Reaction score
if i open a trading acct with scb, must i also open a savings acct with them? or can just giro from my dbs/posb acct whenever i buy shares using their platform?

Yes, you need to have a savings account with them. E.g. eSaver, Xtra

klarklar

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Has anyone encountered problems with the "Purchasing Power" on Standard Chartered Online Trading? After you deposit money into the trading account, the money disappeared and "Purchasing Power" becomes zero?

This happened to me more than once. Fortunately, my money re-appeared later. Otherwise, I am going to launch a complaint to MAS for bank robbery.

Just want to check with other people if it happened to them too. Am I being just unlucky or is SCB online trading service simply terrible.

Last edited:

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Has anyone encountered problems with the "Purchasing Power" on Standard Chartered Online Trading? After you deposit money into the trading account, the money disappeared and "Purchasing Power" becomes zero?

This happened to me more than once. Fortunately, my money re-appeared later. Otherwise, I am going to launch a complaint to MAS for bank robbery.

Just want to check with other people if it happened to them too. Am I being just unlucky or is SCB online trading service simply terrible.

most of the time, its not the system fault. its the user who dont really understand.

1) you dont deposit into the trading account. you deposit into the securities settlement account
2) dont rely on that purchasing power. it was mentioned many times in this thread. the balance is not really accurate.
3) your balance cannot go missing all of a sudden. all the debit/credit amount will be reflected in your SSA. this is where you should counter check

Last edited:

klarklar

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
most of the time, its not the system fault. its the user who dont really understand.

1) you dont deposit into the trading account. you deposit into the securities settlement account
2) dont rely on that purchasing power. it was mentioned many times in this thread. the balance is not really accurate.
3) your balance cannot go missing all of a sudden. all the debit/credit amount will be reflected in your SSA. this is where you should counter check

It is ridiculous to say "don't rely on that purchasing power". When purchasing power is zero, you cannot make any purchase. Imagine if you have deposited money to buy stocks but forbidden to buy any because the purchasing power falls to zero. Purchasing power is equivalent to real money because without it, you cannot purchase any stocks. It is a major irritant when the securities settlement account says you have money but you cannot use the money. Is it ok if your bank account is full of money that cannot be used to purchase stuff?

How can you say "don't rely on that purchasing power"? Maybe this has not happened to you, so you as a user don't really understand.

Has other users encountered similar problems with SCB purchasing power?

Last edited:

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
then i advice you to complain to MAS. or dont use SCB. :s13:

by the way, i have used SCB before this thread has started.

Last edited:

rerear

Reaction score
What to put for the "I possess relevant work experience" part? Need employer name, job title and #years in position... also can anyhow smoke?

need ten years ;o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.