Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaara666

Reaction score
Anyone else slightly bothered by fact there is no monthly statement by scb for the stock portfolio like the one sent by cdp? i know we can print out from scb onling trading but its not 'official' :s22:

sakuraji

Reaction score
Anyone else slightly bothered by fact there is no monthly statement by scb for the stock portfolio like the one sent by cdp? i know we can print out from scb onling trading but its not 'official' :s22:

They got send me my holdings in paper statement.

gaara666

Reaction score
I was wondering whether can they just send me a weekly statement or when required because they send me everyday. Save on trees.

eVERYDAY?? how is it possible? technical glitch? even weekly is a bit too much - even if its online. maybe you are their premier priority high net worth customer that they focus a lot on you

Lost_Found

Master Member
Reaction score
i got all mine dividend t+1...no big issue with that

for rights issue, they will send u a sms and letter, just call the cso and tell them ur option...maybe in terms of the deadline is shorter

after all is a no frill platform...happy with scb so far

gaara666

Reaction score
i got all mine dividend t+1...no big issue with that

for rights issue, they will send u a sms and letter, just call the cso and tell them ur option...maybe in terms of the deadline is shorter

after all is a no frill platform...happy with scb so far

Definitely. this is a godsend. for the longest time i was bitter abt the min comm in the market that limits how i trade and this comes out that completely addressed everything :s12:

nauhchop

Reaction score
eVERYDAY?? how is it possible? technical glitch? even weekly is a bit too much - even if its online. maybe you are their premier priority high net worth customer that they focus a lot on you
Nope, I not high net worth. very low networth. =:p
Trade everyday, so they send me what I sell and buy on each date.
Singapore market not everyday, but US market is everyday got trade.

Pros
1) no min lot, so I can put at different price points.
2) no min comm( this is even cheaper than my KE and KH accounts if I buy the same value)
3) Dividends come in fast. For US today payout, within T+3 see payments in.

Cons
1) sometimes website down:s13:
2) no transfer to CDP (but doesn't really bother me)

gaara666

Reaction score
Nope, I not high net worth. very low networth. =:p
Trade everyday, so they send me what I sell and buy on each date.
Singapore market not everyday, but US market is everyday got trade.

Pros
1) no min lot, so I can put at different price points.
2) no min comm( this is even cheaper than my KE and KH accounts if I buy the same value)
3) Dividends come in fast. For US today payout, within T+3 see payments in.

Cons
1) sometimes website down:s13:
2) no transfer to CDP (but doesn't really bother me)

OIC. hm is there a min lot by other platforms? I thought the min lot by default is 1. Yes i rmb there was once the website is down and it kinda pissed me because i was trying to log in to sell a counter. I could have called the customer service directly but didnt bother to since the trade is not that urgent or die die must execute. nevertheless, this is an isolated incident and so far happy with this and will be happy to stick to it as long as the no min comm sticks

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OIC. hm is there a min lot by other platforms? I thought the min lot by default is 1. Yes i rmb there was once the website is down and it kinda pissed me because i was trying to log in to sell a counter. I could have called the customer service directly but didnt bother to since the trade is not that urgent or die die must execute. nevertheless, this is an isolated incident and so far happy with this and will be happy to stick to it as long as the no min comm sticks

I think he meant no minimum lot because he is allowed to buy even 1 lot of any penny stock (no minimum comm). if other brokers, you need to buy a certain number of lots for the brokerage fees to be worthwhile.

I refer to your previous posting in this thread. May i know where did you read about the availability of IPOs from SCB platform? I cant find in the FAQ.

*edit* Actually i should have asked my RM. lol

gaara666

Reaction score
I think he meant no minimum lot because he is allowed to buy even 1 lot of any penny stock (no minimum comm). if other brokers, you need to buy a certain number of lots for the brokerage fees to be worthwhile.

I refer to your previous posting in this thread. May i know where did you read about the availability of IPOs from SCB platform? I cant find in the FAQ.

*edit* Actually i should have asked my RM. lol

hi, after i sent that post, i realized i must have misread the content on the SCB platform when i proceeded to explore the online trading to apply for SPH REITS ipo. i called up my SCB officer who got someone familiar with this to call me back and she told me its not possible to apply for IPO via scb. in the end, i used my other trading platform to apply. sorry for the mix-up! :o

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, after i sent that post, i realized i must have misread the content on the SCB platform when i proceeded to explore the online trading to apply for SPH REITS ipo. i called up my SCB officer who got someone familiar with this to call me back and she told me its not possible to apply for IPO via scb. in the end, i used my other trading platform to apply. sorry for the mix-up! :o

I see.

Not an issue. We can always apply IPO through ATM. its $2 only.

Then can transfer the shares from CDP to SCB if we plan to hold long.

Analog123

Reaction score
need to ask some lao jiao here. why i login to scb, tried to place an order for local stock and it says lot size is 1. so means i can order 1 share instead of 1000 share per lot?

Carnesir

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can we sell off sph ipo reit using standchart since the shares are in CDP?

No pls pay Cdp 10 dollars plus to transfer ownership of sgx Cdp under your name to scb custodian account, then u can sell.

Net net I still think sell via scb cheaper after paying ten bucks plus but I wonder if so much trouble worth it or not

gaara666

Reaction score
I see.

Not an issue. We can always apply IPO through ATM. its $2 only.

Then can transfer the shares from CDP to SCB if we plan to hold long.

Yes but I didn’t have enough time to go to the ATM so I used online banking instead. Oh I have some shares in CDP that I wish to transfer to SCB – any idea how to do it? After I send this, I will log in to SCB to play around and hopefully will find out how to do it. Thanks!

gaara666

Reaction score
Yes but I didn’t have enough time to go to the ATM so I used online banking instead. Oh I have some shares in CDP that I wish to transfer to SCB – any idea how to do it? After I send this, I will log in to SCB to play around and hopefully will find out how to do it. Thanks!

seems like it is chargebale to transfer?

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

you need to fill up 2 forms. 1 form to CDP and SCB each. I have soft copies of the forms. But i am not sure if they are the latest. You can print, fill them up and bring down to Battery Road.

There are no fees transferring from CDP to SCB. I guess they are absorbing the fees at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.