HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Like Tree964Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-11-2012, 11:05 PM   #1111
Honorary Member

Anybuttie got problem transferring money out of the settlement a/c?
This stupid scb trading really @^%!@^
I could transfer money from my savers into the settlement but when I tried to transfer the same amount out from settlement back to esavers the transfer was rejected. I've been trying the whole pm. I called SCB they said they will look into it and until now got no solution. Maybe tmr will be better.
Old 20-11-2012, 11:17 PM   #1112

Why SCB trading got so many problem..?
I just open account, haven't try to use it..
Old 20-11-2012, 11:58 PM   #1113

just opened an account , will try buying some small lots !
Old 22-11-2012, 03:38 AM   #1114

Objection!! Carry all the bank's tokens with you all the time is very very very inconvenience, and I don't carry lady's handbag... If SMS don't arrive, you should change your phone.
They can issue token and let us use either one of them, same as UOB online banking. My phone never had problem in other occasions.
Old 22-11-2012, 03:49 AM   #1115

Objection!! Carry all the bank's tokens with you all the time is very very very inconvenience, and I don't carry lady's handbag... If SMS don't arrive, you should change your phone.
When we cannot have both security and convenience, I think I would go for security on this matter. If you don't like to carry a handbag, maybe you can consider hanging all of the tokens around your neck.
Old 22-11-2012, 10:34 AM   #1116
Master Member

Anybuttie got problem transferring money out of the settlement a/c?
This stupid scb trading really @^%!@^
I could transfer money from my savers into the settlement but when I tried to transfer the same amount out from settlement back to esavers the transfer was rejected. I've been trying the whole pm. I called SCB they said they will look into it and until now got no solution. Maybe tmr will be better.
Just transferred some money out of my settlement account to extra saver yesterday. Do u have any outstanding shares? Buy order filled but money not deducted yet?
Old 22-11-2012, 11:40 AM   #1117

Just transferred some money out of my settlement account to extra saver yesterday. Do u have any outstanding shares? Buy order filled but money not deducted yet?
This is one of the thing that pisses me off. They should either deduct immediately since it is basically cash upfront, or at least tell us how much is there left after we buy stocks on the T day.

I end up having to guess how much is there left between T and T+3
SoulDealer likes this.
Old 22-11-2012, 12:38 PM   #1118
Supremacy Member

Quite pissed with SCB's trading. opened a UOB instead. Started using it and have no problems at all.

I will only consider using SCB when I want to keep for long term. Right now I got some money floating around and SCB can't tell me how much I have.
Old 22-11-2012, 01:04 PM   #1119
Greater Supremacy Member

This is one of the thing that pisses me off. They should either deduct immediately since it is basically cash upfront, or at least tell us how much is there left after we buy stocks on the T day.

I end up having to guess how much is there left between T and T+3
settlement is done on T+3, so money will only be deducted by T+3, or else i think you will be asking them for interest for that 3 days while between trade day and settlement day ;D
Old 22-11-2012, 10:38 PM   #1120

I see your point, thanks.

They should then at least let us know clearly how much is there left in our SS account once we purchase shares on T day so that we don't have to guess.
Old 22-11-2012, 11:18 PM   #1121
Supremacy Member

I see your point, thanks.

They should then at least let us know clearly how much is there left in our SS account once we purchase shares on T day so that we don't have to guess.
When placing an order, there is a box on the right with a button that you can click to see your current purchasing power. This value will take into account transactions that you have made but have not cleared yet cos it's before T+3.

So if you have 2k and you buy 1k of stocks, your purchasing power will show 1k, even if the account balance is still 2k.
Guojing88 and SoulDealer like this.
Old 23-11-2012, 09:36 AM   #1122
Honorary Member

you dun hv to guess what
you can get the exact NET amount of your trade the next day
Check the TRANSACTIONS tab then select the date(s) you can see all your NET amount per trade
then you keep track of the mvts on your spreadsheet lah
I always do that
Guojing88 likes this.
Old 23-11-2012, 09:49 AM   #1123
Supremacy Member

When placing an order, there is a box on the right with a button that you can click to see your current purchasing power. This value will take into account transactions that you have made but have not cleared yet cos it's before T+3.

So if you have 2k and you buy 1k of stocks, your purchasing power will show 1k, even if the account balance is still 2k.
I didnt notice that. Thanks!
Old 24-11-2012, 09:54 AM   #1124
High Supremacy Member

Any way to stop the auto log out every 15 mins? Really troublesome to keep logging in again.
Old 24-11-2012, 09:57 AM   #1125
High Supremacy Member

Why SCB trading got so many problem..?
I just open account, haven't try to use it..
Really lousy platform, but commission saved is worth it for lousy trader like me.

The stop loss is also a bonus, but problem is when you put stop loss, you can't queue to sell at your target price
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.