Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One more question. Can I use SCB online trading to settle with my DBS SRS account?

short answer. NO.

im not sure what you have done to your account. but i can tell you. i got no problem with my trades so far. i have done at least 1 trade each month since the trading account started.

true form

Reaction score
Thinking to sign up a SCB trading account.

I think need a bank account too right? And if I have shares to transfer.. documents I require will be:

1. SCB online trading form
2. Share transfer - CDP
3. Share transfer - SCB
4. Bank account form

As for the bank account... use e$aver?

e$aver Account

Min. initial deposit S$0
Min. average daily balance S$0
Fall-below fee S$0
Early account closure fee
(within first 6 months)
S$0
Counter withdrawal fee S$5

or

Bonus$aver
Minimum average daily balance S$3,000
Fall-below fee S$5
Monthly service charge $0
Credit card annual fee Free for 2 years (S$200 per annum)
Debit card annual fee Free for 2 years (S$15 per annum)
Cheque book charges 1st cheque book: Free
Subsequent cheque book(s): $15 each
Early Account Closure (within 6 months) S$30

Qns:
e.g. I use the $ buy shares then below the $3,000 daily average balance... need to pay $5 right? lol.

also thinking about the POSB/OCBC blue chip thing.. the gd thing is exposure.

w1rbelw1nd

Master Member
Reaction score
Well the call finally get through. They told me that there is some technical glitch (which he says that the tech team said that it will be resolved by 930am but obviously failed).

There is ONLY ONE GUY in-charge of booking trades manually for the whole SCB and as expected, he is swamped with trades so I did not bother to book my trades. Shouldnt they have greater capacity in case of break downs?!?!

Really annoyed with this experience. With normal brokerages we can easily call another firm if one brokerage is down, but with SCB we are very vulnerable. The cheap commission is at the expense of customer service. Is SCB trading value for money? I am starting to have doubts...

thengyee

Reaction score
Well the call finally get through. They told me that there is some technical glitch (which he says that the tech team said that it will be resolved by 930am but obviously failed).

There is ONLY ONE GUY in-charge of booking trades manually for the whole SCB and as expected, he is swamped with trades so I did not bother to book my trades. Shouldnt they have greater capacity in case of break downs?!?!

Really annoyed with this experience. With normal brokerages we can easily call another firm if one brokerage is down, but with SCB we are very vulnerable. The cheap commission is at the expense of customer service. Is SCB trading value for money? I am starting to have doubts...

For small investors like me yep :D. The no min commission rule is awesome! :s12::s12:

harky

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
than do Standard Chartered allow CPF trading?

dante-z

Master Member
Reaction score
only cash no CPF no SRS thanks.

Call this number to find out more ..

immediate answers. so far the CSO answer my question promptly.

1800 242 5333

macateer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm planning to open an account with them tomorrow.

Will feedback once I start to use their platform to trade :)

*Fingers Crossed*

The Rain Man

Reaction score
I'm planning to open an account with them tomorrow.

Will feedback once I start to use their platform to trade :)

*Fingers Crossed*

Looking forward to hearing from you! Currently using OCBC Securities but I've been thinking of trading on another platform for quite some time now.

macateer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to hearing from you! Currently using OCBC Securities but I've been thinking of trading on another platform for quite some time now.

Hi Rain man,

Will be glad to give my personal view once I start trading with them.

Currently using POEMs. $25 is damn expensive, and to add the soon 10 percent GST will make it more challenging and mind boggling. Hopefully, the "price fighting" from different houses will benefit us all.

Cheers and see you around :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.