Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

BusteR

Reaction score
why why why. you guys really fail to research. how to make money in stocks? :s13:

Online Equities Trading - Standard Chartered Bank Singapore

Transfer your shares to our custody at no cost.

...but the vivo cso said it is cdp charge me not scb charge me but he looks like a very young cso 20-25 yr of age. and before he reply to me, he key something to his com and read then reply to me so i thought he cant be wrong since reading from com like reading SOP

flyfox

Reaction score

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
...but the vivo cso said it is cdp charge me not scb charge me but he looks like a very young cso 20-25 yr of age. and before he reply to me, he key something to his com and read then reply to me so i thought he cant be wrong since reading from com like reading SOP

ok you can choose to believe him. i dont lose anything. :s13:

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
READ here:

Standard Chartered Bank Singapore

Transfer in charges :
Free;
Transfer charges may be levied depending on outgoing banks

So stop saying ppl dont do research or its free or whatsoever.

Go and check with SGX CDP!

stop making a fool of yourself and stop trying to imitate me.

1) you have posted the FAQ of a promotion which is firstly expired. secondly, you tell us where does the majority of the retail investors put their shares in? it is CDP and NOT banks. thirdly, even if you are transferring shares from other banks, the incoming banks are usually willing to absorb the charges of the outgoing banks. why? because most likely the transfer value is quite big and banks want to grab a slice of your portfolio.

2) the link that i posted earlier has clearly mentioned that there is no fee for transfer. and there is no footprint at the end of that statement. if you are smart, you can always use that statement to back you up if they try to charge you. banks are usually accommodating to customers if you can prove yourself right.

3) you have not done any transfers so dont act like you know more than others.

4) lastly, do more research by reading the earlier posts of this thread. some forummers have successfully transferred their shares without any charges.

imaraq1

Reaction score
Everyone has their own explanations and interpretations, but choose not to listen to someone (see post #1681) who had earlier said that he was not charged anything (1st hand experience).

So let me also share my 1st hand experience even though it will get lost in the sea of posts, and 10 posts down, people (who are too lazy to read previous posts) will continue to ask the same question.

CSO will always tell you that counterparty may impose charges because they do not want to be liable to say no charge, but if you transfer from another nominee account to SCB, and charges apply, then they would get complaints. Even if you tell them its CDP, they don't dare to take that risk.

I called SCB hotline and they assured me no charges. I transferred 10+ counters and wasn't charged anything.

So hopefully this clears things up (for now).

It. Is. Free. Of. Charge. No. Questions. Asked.

Last edited:

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
CSO will always tell you that counterparty may impose charges because they do not want to be liable to say no charge, but if you transfer from another nominee account to SCB, and charges apply, then they would get complaints. Even if you tell them its CDP, they don't dare to take that risk.

actually what is really happening is that SCB is absorbing all the outgoing charges from other nominees. so credit goes to SCB.

all this while there are charges for outgoing/incoming transfer of shares to CDP. i know because i have done a few transfer from POEMS -> CDP before. and the charge is $10.70 per transfer per counter if there is no change in beneficial owner.

novice8

Reaction score
Everyone has their own explanations and interpretations, but choose not to listen to someone (see post #1681) who had earlier said that he was not charged anything (1st hand experience).

So let me also share my 1st hand experience even though it will get lost in the sea of posts, and 10 posts down, people (who are too lazy to read previous posts) will continue to ask the same question.

I called SCB hotline and they assured me no charges. I transferred 10+ counters and wasn't charged anything.

So hopefully this clears things up (for now).

It. Is. Free. Of. Charge. No. Questions. Asked.

hi sir, may i know how to put up the transfer request? any form to fill in? which number/ email to call/ write to? tq:s22::s22:

taolibuyan

Reaction score
Anybody had purchasing power showing "0" while actually you have money inside? Previously the actual amount will show as long as you click the refresh button for a few times, tonight it will not:( called the hotline, say they will talk with the technical side and call me back......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.