Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Like Tree964Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-04-2013, 07:19 PM   #1306
High Supremacy Member

Hi Guys,

Do you know how I can change money to USD (and vice versa) locally and transfer to my SCB account for free? DBS charge $25 to transfer USD even to a local bank. Asking this because a lot of people have commented that the SCB rate sucks.

Or can I change cash and deposit direct into SCB securities account?
How sucky is the rate? can the rate be more sucky than a money changer? i believe it should be <2% spread.

take note, stock prices can move +-3 to 10% in a worse day. even if you can get a favourable rate, if your timing is sucks then your returns is still sucks.

my advice is dont get too concern with the spread unless you are a short term trader. but then if you are a trader, you better use other trading platforms.
Old 24-04-2013, 11:21 PM   #1307

Hi guys, not sure if this has been asked before and sorry if it did.. just recently opened SCB trading account..

How do I see from my portfolio page those unrealized gains i made on the stock that i've bought?
Every time i pray,[/SIZE]
Old 25-04-2013, 06:49 AM   #1308
Supremacy Member

u r unable to see it. only show latest price. thus u check urself either write on paper or do it ms word excel
Old 25-04-2013, 08:35 AM   #1309
Master Member

How sucky is the rate? can the rate be more sucky than a money changer? i believe it should be <2% spread.

take note, stock prices can move +-3 to 10% in a worse day. even if you can get a favourable rate, if your timing is sucks then your returns is still sucks.

my advice is dont get too concern with the spread unless you are a short term trader. but then if you are a trader, you better use other trading platforms.
The thing is that the money changers' rate in Singapore is too damn good hahaha. Not surprising that Standard Chart rate is worse than theirs.

Anyway I do agree with you a long term investor shouldnt be too concern with the spread. Too inconvenient to save up that $2-$3 dollar for a $200-$300 exchange
Old 25-04-2013, 05:10 PM   #1310

The thing is that the money changers' rate in Singapore is too damn good hahaha. Not surprising that Standard Chart rate is worse than theirs.

Anyway I do agree with you a long term investor shouldnt be too concern with the spread. Too inconvenient to save up that $2-$3 dollar for a $200-$300 exchange
thanks both!
Old 26-04-2013, 05:24 PM   #1311
Supremacy Member

u r unable to see it. only show latest price. thus u check urself either write on paper or do it ms word excel
That's terrible!
Dividends Warrior likes this.
Old 26-04-2013, 06:00 PM   #1312

That's terrible!
you fly AirAsia , but expect SIA service ?
Old 26-04-2013, 06:18 PM   #1313
Supremacy Member

But showing unrealized gain or loss is something so basic and easily computable from their system and yet it's absent.....
Old 26-04-2013, 06:32 PM   #1314

guys, quick question:

i am helping a friend to open a/c in scb. would like to know after he apply thru online, does he needs to send or provide any documents to scb. basically what are the documents need to provide/send.

thanks
Old 26-04-2013, 07:13 PM   #1315

Ehhh not sure if anyone has mentioned this before, but the figure shown on the account summary page is incorrect.

Not sure if its because of T+3 or what.
But this is really confusing for me when i try to calculate my expenditure.
Old 26-04-2013, 07:28 PM   #1316

in what way the account is not right leh?
Old 26-04-2013, 08:08 PM   #1317
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ehhh not sure if anyone has mentioned this before, but the figure shown on the account summary page is incorrect.

Not sure if its because of T+3 or what.
But this is really confusing for me when i try to calculate my expenditure.
I know what you mean. Your portfolio will be inflated by an imaginary amount which is equal to your holdings bought on T0. Just do your own calculations on excel.
Old 26-04-2013, 10:49 PM   #1318

I know what you mean. Your portfolio will be inflated by an imaginary amount which is equal to your holdings bought on T0. Just do your own calculations on excel.
Yea exactly.
Those who are doing intra-day/week trades will have problem calculating.

And another nit-pick i have is that the only place you can find the commission fees after the order has been made is in your transaction. Order status doesn't show anything.
Or am i wrong???
Old 27-04-2013, 10:22 PM   #1319

Hi, I have signed up for an account last wednesday and opened up an e-saver account too.

Can I verify something here?

Am I right to say that in order to buy a share thru Stan Chart, you must have the money in your account because there's no T+3 so you have to pay on the spot for trades executed.

However, when you sell your shares, you do not need to wait for T+3 to receive the money in your settlement account too. It will be immediately transferred to you once the sale is executed?
Old 28-04-2013, 02:13 AM   #1320

Just use some apps on your smartphone, I bought shares from few brokerages + IPO.. The apps are so wonderful to check daily movement, usually check-in like once in a hour casually, unless super busy..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.