HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Like Tree964Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-04-2013, 10:19 AM   #1321
Master Member

Hi, I have signed up for an account last wednesday and opened up an e-saver account too.

Can I verify something here?

Am I right to say that in order to buy a share thru Stan Chart, you must have the money in your account because there's no T+3 so you have to pay on the spot for trades executed.

However, when you sell your shares, you do not need to wait for T+3 to receive the money in your settlement account too. It will be immediately transferred to you once the sale is executed?
You will need to have that amount in your settlement account to proceed with the trade but the amount would not be deducted straight upon trade execution. It will still be deducted on T+3.

Same goes for selling of shares. you will only receive it on T+3.

Anyone please correct me if i am wrong
Old 28-04-2013, 10:27 AM   #1322

You will need to have that amount in your settlement account to proceed with the trade but the amount would not be deducted straight upon trade execution. It will still be deducted on T+3.

Same goes for selling of shares. you will only receive it on T+3.

Anyone please correct me if i am wrong
Ahhhh I see.

That works fine for me too. Thanks a lot!
Old 28-04-2013, 12:20 PM   #1323
Supremacy Member

Just use some apps on your smartphone, I bought shares from few brokerages + IPO.. The apps are so wonderful to check daily movement, usually check-in like once in a hour casually, unless super busy..
One really should not have to resort to this.

As someone else remarked, showing unrealized gains and losses in your portfolio is a very basic functionality. It's not as if we are reading this stuff off of a ticker tape machine.
Old 28-04-2013, 02:54 PM   #1324
High Supremacy Member

As someone else remarked, showing unrealized gains and losses in your portfolio is a very basic functionality. It's not as if we are reading this stuff off of a ticker tape machine.
im not sure why you are bickering about this function.

i prefer SCB to continue providing a no frills and low cost platform than having such a useless function and then passing on a higher cost to their clients.
Old 28-04-2013, 03:19 PM   #1325
Supremacy Member

I check shares on daily basis the share prices moves and service all use may bank ke one then trades I execute with scb.

End of day is... Scb is as affordable as it is. I'm just satisfied if they can give such good rates already nothing to complain
Old 28-04-2013, 06:56 PM   #1326

SIA first class has bed in private cabin , why AirAsia don't have ?

Old 28-04-2013, 11:16 PM   #1327

Just opened a trading acct with SCB also. I find it a hassle to transfer money from my POSB acct to my SCB acct and it will take 2 days. If not I have to go to the branch to deposit.
Wondering if there's any way around it? Coz if takes too long I wont be able to get the price I want when I buy shares.
Old 28-04-2013, 11:21 PM   #1328
Supremacy Member

Just opened a trading acct with SCB also. I find it a hassle to transfer money from my POSB acct to my SCB acct and it will take 2 days. If not I have to go to the branch to deposit.
Wondering if there's any way around it? Coz if takes too long I wont be able to get the price I want when I buy shares.
Just deposit your investable money in the securities clearing account. Can trade anytime instead of transferring and trade. By then too late liao
Dividends Warrior likes this.
Old 29-04-2013, 12:15 AM   #1329

Just deposit your investable money in the securities clearing account. Can trade anytime instead of transferring and trade. By then too late liao
Oh ok, I thought there's a way that I'm not aware of.
Old 29-04-2013, 09:28 PM   #1330

Able to trade through Iphone ?

Hi all,

Am I able to trade using Iphone ?
I using Safari able to log into my account but unable to find the Online trading link..

Kindly advise..
Old 30-04-2013, 05:39 PM   #1331
Supremacy Member

SIA first class has bed in private cabin , why AirAsia don't have ?
We are not talking about several orders of magnitude on pricing here.

It's more like one airline having seats and another airline saying you have to stand and the price difference is only 10-20%.

I guess at the end of the day, SCB is really not for me.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #1332

hey guys can i ask a question.

we can't purchase HSI options on SGX?

I can find the stock code under stock code enquiry: RZ1W.

But when I click buy, it says stock code is invalid.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:55 PM   #1333
Master Member

We are not talking about several orders of magnitude on pricing here.

It's more like one airline having seats and another airline saying you have to stand and the price difference is only 10-20%.

I guess at the end of the day, SCB is really not for me.
The unrealized gains and losses shown in any of the brokerage firm(Kim eng, Kay hian etc) is only accurate ONLY IF YOU TRADE EXCLUSIVELY USING THAT BROKERAGE. So even if you buy shares through IPO your gains and losses of the IPO SHARES WILL NOT BE REFLECTED.

Also, using only one brokerage firm means that you cannot take advantage of promotions from other brokerages. For the little convenience of having your unrealized gains and losses shown you rather not use more brokerages/scb? Doesn't sound wise to me.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:03 PM   #1334
Greater Supremacy Member

The unrealized gains and losses shown in any of the brokerage firm(Kim eng, Kay hian etc) is only accurate ONLY IF YOU TRADE EXCLUSIVELY USING THAT BROKERAGE. So even if you buy shares through IPO your gains and losses of the IPO SHARES WILL NOT BE REFLECTED.

Also, using only one brokerage firm means that you cannot take advantage of promotions from other brokerages. For the little convenience of having your unrealized gains and losses shown you rather not use more brokerages/scb? Doesn't sound wise to me.
Aya, you also can login to Cdp to see your portfolio performance also even if you buy from many brokerages
Old 04-05-2013, 04:55 PM   #1335

i find SCB useful for my short term and small qty trading.
open a xtra saver account with no min balance required with atm card.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.