Standard Chartered - Only Online Trading in town with no minimum commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

roz_sid

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi i just open an acct this morning, mean ive to wait 3 days for the letter to reach my mailbox then i can start trading?

cowkilllater

Reaction score
ive just recieved my SCB account, there is a securities settlement account, and a securities trading account, which account am i suppose to put my money into before placing order?

roz_sid

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ive just recieved my SCB account, there is a securities settlement account, and a securities trading account, which account am i suppose to put my money into before placing order?
settlement acc. by the way how long u waited for the mail?

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
some hiccups here and there. generally im quite happy with the lower fees. now i can buy in small quantity.

lasnoblur

Master Member
Reaction score
SCB acc opening is relatively slow. abt 2 weeks to 3 weeks if u dun even have esaver or any of their online savings acc.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why? You want to attend their AGM and free food hah? :D

im afraid your shares are not registered under your name in the company books. its under a nominee account of SCB i believe. as such, you dont have those benefits.

to me its ok. i prefer to take a non-controlling position in the company. my votes are not going to affect the management decision anyway.

unclebutcher

Reaction score
im afraid your shares are not registered under your name in the company books. its under a nominee account of SCB i believe. as such, you dont have those benefits.

to me its ok. i prefer to take a non-controlling position in the company. my votes are not going to affect the management decision anyway.
walao...joking nia leh

LoUsyGamER

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SCB can trade USA stocks, but can i short sell using SCB?

Oops.. i found the answer.

Last edited:

Some_body

Reaction score
If I take USD cash and deposit into my FCY settlement account via counter, is there any transaction fees?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.