Transferring shares from CDP to SCB

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all, im trying to transfer my shares from cdp to scb.

heard from scb cso there is no charge on scb side but they are unsure if cdp will charge any fees.

So far i heard 3 version.

1. CDP and SCB no charge

2. CDP charge 10.70 per counter

3. CDP charge 10.70 per 1000 shares

Any bros that have did the transfer can shed some light on this?

i wonder if you bother to read the posts above you.

qweiop

Reaction score
anyone knows where to get the form for the transfer? made a few searches in google but can't find. Thanks.

Keverus

Banned
Reaction score
i got qn...

cannot trade Yoma on SCB rite?

if i bought Yoma using KayHian, can I xfer over to SCB?

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Your high returns should be able to cover the small brokerage fees. The fees should be peanuts.

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Your high returns should be able to cover the small brokerage fees. The fees should be peanuts.

yes i agree the fees are peanuts compared to the portfolio. I am going to pay the fees

but can avoid i dont mind avoid
I got 20 counters, $10 per counter a lot can take the money go jiak boo fei woh

imwarren

Reaction score
yes i agree the fees are peanuts compared to the portfolio. I am going to pay the fees

but can avoid i dont mind avoid
I got 20 counters, $10 per counter a lot can take the money go jiak boo fei woh

Haha. After transferring to SCB custodian, u will no longer qualify for AGM buffets also. Double whammy.

useless

Master Member
Reaction score
So wahkao decided on scb instead of kim eng? Any particular reason why?

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So wahkao decided on scb instead of kim eng? Any particular reason why?

currently deciding on KE.
want to know if KE is ok or not.
so far KE looks ok but i want to hear both sides of the coin for ke

cinnie

Reaction score
what happens when we get to choose between scrip and dividends? do we get a letter with a form, as how it is with cdp?

cinnie

Reaction score
what happens when we get to choose between scrip and dividends? do we get a letter with a form, as how it is with cdp?

to answer my own question, this is from scb's faq:

"Will I be informed of any corporate actions?

The Bank will NOT notify you of mandatory corporate action events. The Bank will notify you of any voluntary corporate actions via SMS. You will also receive a notification letter. For voluntary corporate actions with "Take cash" options, if you choose to receive cash the cash proceeds will be credited to your Securities Settlement Account and will be reflected in your monthly consolidated statement. If you choose to receive shares, it will be reflected in your Online Trading Account. Please note that due to our nominee structure, the shares/cash proceeds will only be credited to your account after pay date or upon receipt of payment confirmation from the custodian (whichever is later), and the shares/cash proceeds will be reflected in your account only after the shares/cash proceeds have been credited to your account. Thus you will only be able to sell these shares after the shares have been credited to your account. In the event that you end up in a short sell position (as a result of insufficient securities for your sell orders in the event there is a delay in updating your securities holdings following a corporate action adjustment), we reserve the rights to adjust your holdings and perform a buy-back on your behalf accordingly."

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Scb is $0 fee, but CDP will charge you $10.70 per 1000 shares in transfer.

So is better to sell rather than transfer.

Imagine you have 200,000 shares at $0.10. How much to pay? Again, I remember there is cap of transfer fees, but forget how much...

what is the cap????

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.