UMS Holdings Limited *Official* (SGX:558)

Z070188

Reaction score
Treat bonus shares as scrip dividend lor, easier this way

I just check with UMS investor relation. He said the following.

"Normally it will only affect if shareholders sell their bonus share in the market instead of keeping it. There is no direct correlation between bonus share and share price drop."

So I think the bonus share is really a bonus? I gotten 12 lots recently and I will get additional 3 lots, total 15 lots. So price will remain stable as long as there are no huge selling to offload the bonus share. Correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I just check with UMS investor relation. He said the following.

"Normally it will only affect if shareholders sell their bonus share in the market instead of keeping it. There is no direct correlation between bonus share and share price drop."

So I think the bonus share is really a bonus? I gotten 12 lots recently and I will get additional 3 lots, total 15 lots. So price will remain stable as long as there are no huge selling to offload the bonus share. Correct me if my understanding is wrong.

When a stock goes into x-dividend, it gaps down too

So after x-bonus issue, it's normal to gap down also.

Just treat it that company doesn't wan to give dividend (cash) and so do give bonus (extra) shares la. The effect n reward are the same too..

Well, the IR don't control the selling, don't him?

Z070188

Reaction score
When a stock goes into x-dividend, it gaps down too

So after x-bonus issue, it's normal to gap down also.

Just treat it that company doesn't wan to give dividend (cash) and so do give bonus (extra) shares la. The effect n reward are the same too..

Well, the IR don't control the selling, don't him?

Ok. Understand. Then this time round got 0.035 plus bonus share 4:1 seems to be a good deal? But why price drop if the fundamental is good? Or your mean current ums price already trading with the 0.035 plus bonus share?

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1 bonus share for every 4.
so if i have 13000 shares (13 lot), I will end up with 13000+3250 = 16250 right?

knn like that means I ish kanna odd lot if i had 13000 shares? :(

end up i incur fine for selling odd lot, jin bo hua. And fundamentally the company never change :(

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Ok. Understand. Then this time round got 0.035 plus bonus share 4:1 seems to be a good deal? But why price drop if the fundamental is good? Or your mean current ums price already trading with the 0.035 plus bonus share?

Well, buyer doesn't get the bonus shares? And so only will buy lower? Seller got the bonus shares, and looking to sell.

When a buyer Queueing low, a seller willing to throw bonus portion meet, it resulted in a gap down?

But of course if a siaokia, queue higher price to buy, then it's another story

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
so if i have 13000 shares (13 lot), I will end up with 13000+3250 = 16250 right?

end up i incur fine for selling odd lot, jin bo hua. And fundamentally the company never change :(

Ai ping ai qi, Singaporean or edmw investors really hard to satisfied :s13:

Z070188

Reaction score
Well, buyer doesn't get the bonus shares? And so only will buy lower? Seller got the bonus shares, and looking to sell.

When a buyer Queueing low, a seller willing to throw bonus portion meet, it resulted in a gap down?

But of course if a siaokia, queue higher price to buy, then it's another story

Haha. Ok. Let's see if it is the seller market or the buyer market in times to come. I mean if the seller don't need money, why sell the share at a lower price if the fundamental of the company is still strong? Don't really make sense to me but it really depend on the market, supply and demand. I will monitor when ex- bonus share.

Z070188

Reaction score

Buy another three more lots? It is giving 0.035 dividends in may, equivalent to 4% yield at a price of around 0.81. Seems ok to me.

kye_lin

Reaction score
If fundamentals good.. just hold... get the div and bonus share. The share price might drop XD and XB.... but will climb again if fundamentals good. Semi-conductor market on the rise now.... good till at least 2015....

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
yes that is me.
u dont want meh? u like to pay high prices meh? u want thats your choice, but not me

dont know leh, $25 or $10 minimun (oddlot) not that much actually.

maybe i very numb le ba.. find one less jiken to jiak, can buy 4x

kye_lin

Reaction score
I think so too.. semicon industry doing well.. uptrend cycle... UMS will hit $1 by end of the year.....

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.