USA Stocks discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

econbizer

Reaction score
can I check how many days can u short via IB ? I always Long.

Sent from Google using GAGT

unlimited, as long as ib has a healthy supply to lend. otherwise, they will inform you thru ib's inbox. shorting incurs borrowing/ dividend charges

only us stocks r short friendly. in europe, japan, only a small % is shortable. google "ib shortable stocks for japan" for eg.

Flearnstoinvest

Reaction score
Use old phones = minimalist ? :s13: :s13:
Come on !

Those guys can't tell being a minimalist vs being a frugalist.

And worse, the user ID "minimalists" who recently gets to know about minimalism, acts like a fanatic preacher, minimalist this, minimalist that. It's annoying...

Last edited:

peipei1

Reaction score
The stock dropped 50% because it was grossly overvalued to begin with, no business, even the ones with moats are impervious to the business cycle. This is why investors should never pay high multiples for a stock unless he is trading pure momentum.

Lots of tech stocks have been decapitated and more will fall sharply going forward, like I said before there is no new paradigm, tech isn't the new value, they are not going to disrupt everything and take over the world, earnings, cash flow and multiples still matter when it comes to equities.

Well written friend!
I feel in bullish times, you have more wall street accomplices publish articles about future investible trends. It costs them nothing to write something far out but helps to generate commissions and short selling of smart money! Dumb money are plain greedy and believe all kind of plausible stories! How many of them pick a winner, 1/50? How many picked Google or Amazon back in those days? The competition landscape is always revolving, Nvda trending today, but without some kind of monopoly inflow, who can tell some China firm invents a cheaper AI GPU? Amazon CEO truthfully stated the fact his company likely to close shop to competition in the future! I still feel rotten from getting cheated by Nvda CEO!

The 3 day rule stem Nvda bleed, tomorrow is BF holiday breaking momentum. I budgeted to lose a crushing US$1,000 from dumb picks of Gern, Intc and Nvda. If i held Intc longer, i would turned a small profit, and i would never have spare cash in IB to buy Nvda! This is how dumb money lose to wallstreet sharks! Will see how much bounce Nasdaq have left, Nvda could lose me more then Gern under 180, speak volumes of AI future coming from them, still a gaming stock!

Bright side, my job should be safer for another 15 years from AI, i can retire fully employed and drawdown my IWDA holdings, that our my plan forming at the end of 2018! :o

Last edited:

Mergui219067

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Betting & get it wrong is part of parcel of life.
Technology stocks are cyclical, no ?
If SSI Warriors are so easily defeated, most would have given up tikam long long time ago.

Try your luck on some lifeless & boring SGX stocks / REITs / bonds around then .

[M]aiev

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
awful999, u have xiaomi right back then at IPO ? Now can KIV as trend u-turn liao.

Toni90

Reaction score
Well written friend!
I feel in bullish times, you have more wall street accomplices publish articles about future investible trends. It costs them nothing to write something far out but helps to generate commissions and short selling of smart money! Dumb money are plain greedy and believe all kind of plausible stories! How many of them pick a winner, 1/50? How many picked Google or Amazon back in those days? The competition landscape is always revolving, Nvda trending today, but without some kind of monopoly inflow, who can tell some China firm invents a cheaper AI GPU? Amazon CEO truthfully stated the fact his company likely to close shop to competition in the future! I still feel rotten from getting cheated by Nvda CEO!

The 3 day rule stem Nvda bleed, tomorrow is BF holiday breaking momentum. I budgeted to lose a crushing US$1,000 from dumb picks of Gern, Intc and Nvda. If i held Intc longer, i would turned a small profit, and i would never have spare cash in IB to buy Nvda! This is how dumb money lose to wallstreet sharks! Will see how much bounce Nasdaq have left, Nvda could lose me more then Gern under 180, speak volumes of AI future coming from them, still a gaming stock!

Bright side, my job should be safer for another 15 years from AI, i can retire fully employed and drawdown my IWDA holdings, that our my plan forming at the end of 2018! :o

Lose 1K only already write until like this. Want to sue CEO already. Lose 10k - 100k then how?

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lose 1K only already write until like this. Want to sue CEO already. Lose 10k - 100k then how?

You must watch TSLA to learn what volatility is all about. It can go anywhere from 0 to 1000. There are people justifying all kinds of prices. Many people were sitting on million dollar paper losses( see the Tesla motors club forum). But after the results they are all in profit. I lost about 3k trading TSLA options, if I had not capitulated, I would have made a profit of more than 3k, so actually a 6k loss.

Last edited:

hindsight

Master Member
Reaction score
Well written friend!

The job of sell side analysts is to get you to trade more, their job is not to help you pick winners or make money, you got to do your own homework.

I think NVDA should still be around 10 years from now, it doesn't really have any competition when it comes to gaming and there are other areas in which its GPUs can be utilised, its not a bad company, just ridiculously priced leaving zero room for error.

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last column = % gain/lose

oOKZcc3.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.