HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

USA Stocks discussion - Part 2

Like Tree61Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-09-2018, 12:35 AM   #1

USA Stocks discussion

Anyone here into US markets? More into equity counters, ETF, not into FX, options.

Just want to have a thread to share and tcss about it.

Currently me into trading of DUST and NUGT, using GC, DXY as my guide.
Chiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2018, 12:35 AM   #2

Reserved for updates.
Chiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2018, 12:35 AM   #3
Supremacy Member

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is here
Connecting IT to You

Should you need to reach out to someone in charge, please PM the respective forum's moderator or start a discussion topic in the [url=http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/online-services-basic-membership-support-feedback-46/]Online Membership/Feedback Forum[/url].
[/SIZE]
hwzadmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2018, 12:35 AM   #4

Which bank or banks are best for investing directly into US stocks of your own choosing without having to go via an external brokerage like Schwab?

Does Citi allow you to invest directly into whatever US stocks you want? HSBC? Any others worthy of mention?
aster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2018, 12:49 AM   #5
Arch-Supremacy Member

Which bank or banks are best for investing directly into US stocks of your own choosing without having to go via an external brokerage like Schwab?

Does Citi allow you to invest directly into whatever US stocks you want? HSBC? Any others worthy of mention?
Citi is a US bank with local presence and brokerage arm. Of course, they will allow you to trade into US.

The other banks are DBS and Standard Chartered. They have brokerage arns too.

You can check Standard Chartered. Their commissions are lower for overseas stocks.
Old 13-09-2018, 01:22 AM   #6

Citi is a US bank with local presence and brokerage arm. Of course, they will allow you to trade into US.

The other banks are DBS and Standard Chartered. They have brokerage arns too.

You can check Standard Chartered. Their commissions are lower for overseas stocks.
Many thanks, will give them a look - I assume it's DBS Vickers that I need to look into?

Should I also need to look at/invest in other markets like the UK for instance, which bank (with its own brokerage arm to keep things seamless and "in-house" in terms of funds transfers between normal accounts and brokerage accounts) would be best for currency conversions at minimal spreads?
aster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2018, 09:14 AM   #7

I took a look at MU this morning - Current price is some 35% below the peak, suggesting that this stock my have entered bear territory. Short term moving averages such as 13,20 and 50 EMAs are sloping down in a down trend manner while 200 day SMA is flattish. However, I note a positive close on high volume which suggests that new buyers may be coming in and stemming the tide of selling. Short term stochastics has bottomed out and trying to make a bullish cross over. Quite tempted to catch a near term bottom bounce at current levels. Just looking for a very quick punt for 1 or 2 days and square out quickly.
awful999 likes this.
DukeCS33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2018, 10:40 AM   #8
Arch-Supremacy Member

Many thanks, will give them a look - I assume it's DBS Vickers that I need to look into?

Should I also need to look at/invest in other markets like the UK for instance, which bank (with its own brokerage arm to keep things seamless and "in-house" in terms of funds transfers between normal accounts and brokerage accounts) would be best for currency conversions at minimal spreads?
DBS Vickers is the brokerage arm of DBS.

The thing is if you buy stocks through local banks, the FCY exchange spread is going to be wider. Commissions will be relatively higher too.
Old 13-09-2018, 10:41 AM   #9
Arch-Supremacy Member

I took a look at MU this morning - Current price is some 35% below the peak, suggesting that this stock my have entered bear territory. Short term moving averages such as 13,20 and 50 EMAs are sloping down in a down trend manner while 200 day SMA is flattish. However, I note a positive close on high volume which suggests that new buyers may be coming in and stemming the tide of selling. Short term stochastics has bottomed out and trying to make a bullish cross over. Quite tempted to catch a near term bottom bounce at current levels. Just looking for a very quick punt for 1 or 2 days and square out quickly.
I think if you ask any other traders, they will say the direction is down for MU.
Old 13-09-2018, 02:29 PM   #10

I think if you ask any other traders, they will say the direction is down for MU.
Yes, I think out 1 month, we may see more downside. I am just looking to catch that bounce from all the overselling. This is a very short term play which can last for as quick as 10 mins and not longer than 2 days.
Old 13-09-2018, 05:04 PM   #11
Arch-Supremacy Member

AMD going crazy since mid-august. Seriously.....on average 5-7% jump every day.
Old 13-09-2018, 05:38 PM   #12
Supremacy Member

AMD going crazy since mid-august. Seriously.....on average 5-7% jump every day.
U gonna chase ?
Immortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2018, 06:08 PM   #13
Arch-Supremacy Member

Mtch stock seems like a steal for a growth social app company. Anybody in it?
coolhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2018, 06:54 PM   #14
Arch-Supremacy Member

U gonna chase ?
never chase a stock at its 52 week high (and climbing).

It's fascinating to watch every night though.....
Old 13-09-2018, 08:55 PM   #15

MU trading up and is at 42.50 in premarket.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.