What REIT to get into now?

antonpoh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Most of the reits in sg have very low dividend payout.

Checkout this US reit NLY.

Income - 2.91 billion
P/E - 4.21
Dividend - US$1.20 (11.24%)

waxqube

Reaction score
Most of the reits in sg have very low dividend payout.

Checkout this US reit NLY.

Income - 2.91 billion
P/E - 4.21
Dividend - US$1.20 (11.24%)

Are you sure we can compare mortgage reit with reits in sg?

waxqube

Reaction score
That depends.. do you buy it for the dividend?

If yes then of cause we can compare.

Yes... you're right. I realise OP only asked for good dividend yield and not how sustainable or risky the business is.

antonpoh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
And nobody else in US believe it is good ? :o

Do you mean whenever i find a good stock I should call everyone I know in the US, and every household should have at least bought some shares or believe it is good before I can buy it? :s22:

Anyway I can't be the only one holding all their shares right?

[M]aiev

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you mean whenever i find a good stock I should call everyone I know in the US, and every household should have at least bought some shares or believe it is good before I can buy it? :s22:

Anyway I can't be the only one holding all their shares right?

One dun use P/E on Reits.

antonpoh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One dun use P/E on Reits.

It's the same as looking at 'net income'. With a P/E ratio of 4.21 means it take this company 4.21 years of 2.91 billion net income to make 12.3 billion(Mkt Cap).

Pesantkie

Master Member
Reaction score
It's the same as looking at 'net income'. With a P/E ratio of 4.21 means it take this company 4.21 years of 2.91 billion net income to make 12.3 billion(Mkt Cap).

Eh bro you got go and google what P/E ratio means anot? I doubt so leh.

If a company were currently trading at a multiple (P/E) of 20, the interpretation is that an investor is willing to pay $20 for $1 of current earnings.

Pesantkie

Master Member
Reaction score
$1.9x usually won’t go wrong unless the the huge market crash .
Got it when Amazon was landing here and the doomsayers said it was the end of retail.
Multiple dividend since.

$1.9x will be waiting for so damn long. If $2.05 i will jump in and keep it for long term lo.

antonpoh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Eh bro you got go and google what P/E ratio means anot? I doubt so leh.

If a company were currently trading at a multiple (P/E) of 20, the interpretation is that an investor is willing to pay $20 for $1 of current earnings.

Yes, and now I'm willing to pay $4.21 for every $1 of current earnings. Isn't it better?

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For it to drop to below $2 or $2.05 will be a long wait but surely once drop to this level will enter confidently.

dont be too hasty. what if drop because of drop in earnings and lower occupancy rate and drop in DPU? must see drop because of what reasons

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.