what is your longest and shortest holding period for stocks?

Dividends Warrior

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
talking about BEST return in the Sg stock market, nothing can beat Singapore Bus.

faithful share holder from the IPO until today, gained more than 1,000% return both in dividends and share price beside getting FOC ComfortDelgro shares.

moi army friend bought 1,000 share in order to qualify for the concession past during the IPO time, paying S$1K and now he ish sitting on closed to S$14K profit (dividends plus right/bonus shares).

The golden era of public transport in Singapore

hwarzoner

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
singtel discounted shares ( "A" shares) using cpf, still holding it until now

peacefulday

Reaction score
I still holding Singtel discounted 'A' 600 shares at $1.9. They gave loyalty shares accumulated to 1610, till date 23yrs profit should be 550%. Note excluded dividend :s13:

peacefulday

Reaction score
I still holding Singtel discounted 'A' 600 shares at $1.9. They gave loyalty shares accumulated to 1610, till date 23yrs profit should be 550%. Note excluded dividend :s13:

and my shortest holding period is during the US subprime mortgage crisis 2007, buy sell within seconds luckily bo tio heart attack :s13:

Kinetic88

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
a word of advise to ppl here :

many PG hold either Singtel and/or SBS share during their IPO time had passed away or moved house without notifying the share registrar (physical script during that time), it ish good that as children of those PG, find out whether your parents/grandparents did hold the share and forgotten about it.

it could be a windfall for some.

[M]aiev

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

many PG hold either Singtel and/or SBS share during their IPO time had passed away or moved house without notifying the share registrar (physical script during that time), it ish good that as children of those PG, find out whether your parents/grandparents did hold the share and forgotten about it.

Ya my parents/grandfather own those shares like Singtel/SGX/3 banks/SPH/Singpost/CDG/ST Eng/Sembcorp Ind/BN4/Capland all these. These kind of shares are PG favourite one.

On other hand, they also own Noble/NOL and tio gaolat overall.

Last edited:

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SIA was good in the initial years but gave 0 to -ve returns in the last 15 years

You forget that SIA gave out dividend-in-species SATS shares in 2009.

SATS is now worth $5.05.

So if you factor that in, I dun think you can say it was -ve returns in the last 15 yrs.

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Not sure about SBS but I am very sure that when singtel IPO, it has already transitioned to scriptless trading via CDP.

Rem there was a huge influx of people opening CPD account at their office in the lead up to Singtel IPO? I was probably one of them :s13:

useless

Master Member
Reaction score
Fastest ever few months back, before crossing the road bought Japfa 0.690 after crossing the road sold at 0.710 made $1000 in less than 5 mins. Regretted not buying more.

tmkedmw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not sure about SBS but I am very sure that when singtel IPO, it has already transitioned to scriptless trading via CDP.

Rem there was a huge influx of people opening CPD account at their office in the lead up to Singtel IPO? I was probably one of them :s13:

Don't recall my parents ever have Singtel physical share certificate. Its all in CDP.

SBS shareholder can buy monthly concession ticket.

Mancunian2

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You forget that SIA gave out dividend-in-species SATS shares in 2009.

SATS is now worth $5.05.

So if you factor that in, I dun think you can say it was -ve returns in the last 15 yrs.
thanks for reminder, I forgot about that

but SATS price was only $1-2 at time of distribution?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.