[News] Huawei launches 5G version of its MatePad Pro tablet

dingdung

Reaction score
Go look for the pre-installed ‘Huawei Video’ app then select those VIP subscription that u are interested.

The first time u log in to ur Huawei account on the new tablet or phone, that is when the one year warranty (Matepad Pro) starts. Look for the pre-installed ‘Support’ app to find out more about the warranty details.

Did not register for the WPS and cloud services as i am using Onedrive and MS Office apps.

Oh yes. How and where to redeem those free items? There suppose to be 3 items - 1 year 50g cloud storage n WPS too. BTW, how long is our tablet warranty? Is it auto or do we need to reg somewhere in Huawei website?

Last edited:

hilove

Reaction score
Go look for the pre-installed ‘Huawei Video’ app then select those VIP subscription that u are interested.

The first time u log in to ur Huawei account on the new tablet or phone, that is when the one year warranty (Matepad Pro) starts. Look for the pre-installed ‘Support’ app to find out more about the warranty details.

Did not register for the WPS and cloud services as i am using Onedrive and MS Office apps.

I found the warranty info. Thank u. :)
Have u manged to dl GMS? I saw quite a few videos but need to use laptop / usb.
I m looking for a guide which can dl straight from device as I don't hv cpu/USB c to do it :(

dingdung

Reaction score
Yeah, i managed to install GMS but using Hisuite method which need to connect to a pc/laptop.

I found the warranty info. Thank u. :)
Have u manged to dl GMS? I saw quite a few videos but need to use laptop / usb.
I m looking for a guide which can dl straight from device as I don't hv cpu/USB c to do it :(

hilove

Reaction score
If we install GMS, will our warranty be void? Jus suddenly thot of iPhone if jailbroken, warranty cld be void.

RockingHorse

Reaction score
If we install GMS, will our warranty be void? Jus suddenly thot of iPhone if jailbroken, warranty cld be void.

There will be no unroot (jailbroken) on the devices. It is just a software installation. I have installed gms on my M6, if you do a factory reset, everything will be gone.

marcus70

Reaction score
There will be no unroot (jailbroken) on the devices. It is just a software installation. I have installed gms on my M6, if you do a factory reset, everything will be gone.

Bro, u have the m6 pro and matepad pro? Do you have the m6 original Bluetooth cover, wanted to know whether it works for the matepad pro as it is cheaper to get the m6 Bluetooth cover

jujube

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How is everyone's experience with this matepad so far

skpuppy

Master Member
Reaction score
I play with it in store. Very snappy. Quite good even if it is without the Google playstore. A lot of app is available from the Huawei App Store

Mannnnnn

Reaction score
Hi all. Are the following apps being able to be used on the matepad pro

Microsoft office
Google office

And will I be able to download stuff from my accounts online seamlessly and all! Thanks

Aicirt

Reaction score
Anyone here turning to matepad pro here after seeing the price of s7 or s7+ ? Lol

What's the cheapest way to get this matepad pro ah

Globe

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone here turning to matepad pro here after seeing the price of s7 or s7+ ? Lol

What's the cheapest way to get this matepad pro ah

the pricing of $898 , does it include the keyboad and pen like the s7 current promo ?

its almost a deal braeker if HW does not includes them.

I don't see how u can get these two for an extra hundred

skpuppy

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually best to get S7.

(1) Huawei don’t support Google. You will get low balled to some extend
(2) They don’t give free keyboard. Maybe pen is included
(3) Can download some apps like Whatapps, zoom through Huawei store but cannot guarantee always will work
(4) Only small group of users locally

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually best to get S7.

(1) Huawei don’t support Google. You will get low balled to some extend
(2) They don’t give free keyboard. Maybe pen is included
(3) Can download some apps like Whatapps, zoom through Huawei store but cannot guarantee always will work
(4) Only small group of users locally

The M-pen isn't as expensive as the S-pen... not sure about the keyboard cover though...

Agree with (3)... not sure with ability to use if things change down the road... that's always the worry with Huawei... I think we'll only find out 2-3 years down the road and after the US elections to see if they can continue getting support from all the app developers... right now they are paying out money to get developers onboard... but that cannot go on indefinitely... app developers need exposure to get many installs to earn money... having a version for what is essentially a walled garden (not unlike Apple but enforced externally) may be more hassle than it is worth since the number of global users may not be as many as China users, who will use their own Chinese/China-based apps anyway...

skpuppy

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually MatePad is a good buy at $458-498. It has Kirin 810 chip and quite alright

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually MatePad is a good buy at $458-498. It has Kirin 810 chip and quite alright

Caveat is if you don't need Google apps... it's a bit difficult considering that most of us use Gmail, use Chrome, use Google Meet, etc...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.