HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

[News] Will Apple remove headphone jacks on the iPad Pro models to make them smaller?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-07-2018, 10:30 AM   #1
Bot Administrator: PMs cannot be received by this account

[News] Will Apple remove headphone jacks on the iPad Pro models to make them smaller?

Death to headphone jacks!

View full story here...

Note 2: Should you need to reach out to someone in charge, please start a discussion topic in the Online Membership/Feedback Forum.
HWZ Editorial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2018, 05:58 PM   #2
Supremacy Member

I hope not... There's so much space on a tablet. No reason to remove it.

Sent from HUAWEI MATE 10 using GAGT
Audiology93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 10:04 PM   #3
Arch-Supremacy Member

I hope not... There's so much space on a tablet. No reason to remove it.

Sent from HUAWEI MATE 10 using GAGT
Apple is known for making irrational decisions of late. After the passing of Steve, the people designing the products don't really think about ease of use anymore. As a long time user of Apple software and devices, I am getting disappointed with them. The ease of use of iTunes for example is also gone, i.e. with all the buttons hidden to give it the "clean" look.

With only one lightning connector on the iPad, losing the headphone jack means unless they can come up with an alternative method to charging. Wireless ones won't work with the metal back.
watzup_ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 09:48 PM   #4
Honorary Member

Death to headphone jacks!

View full story here...
Maybe change to lightning port
jq75 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 05:11 PM   #5
Arch-Supremacy Member

Maybe change to lightning port
Yes, but that also means you cannot charge it at the same time. Only way is the use bluetooth headsets.
Old 17-08-2018, 12:51 PM   #6
Supremacy Member

I hope apple removes the screen too. can save so much space
yusoffb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2018, 06:50 PM   #7
Arch-Supremacy Member

I hope apple removes the screen too. can save so much space
LOL. Maybe remove the battery instead.
Old 20-08-2018, 06:04 AM   #8

Apple is known for making irrational decisions of late. After the passing of Steve, the people designing the products don't really think about ease of use anymore. As a long time user of Apple software and devices, I am getting disappointed with them. The ease of use of iTunes for example is also gone, i.e. with all the buttons hidden to give it the "clean" look.

With only one lightning connector on the iPad, losing the headphone jack means unless they can come up with an alternative method to charging. Wireless ones won't work with the metal back.
I don’t think it is irrational at all. It is just simply that users are not comfortable with changes. So used to cables here and cables there. If you took a look inside an iPhone it is legitimately running out of space at their form factors.

IPhone X

Note that the iPhone X Motherboard is folded and stacked over each other already! It has more board then the iPhone 8+

IPhone 8+

The iPads are starting to run out of space as well. The reason why iPad battery is so good is really efficient SOC and that HUGE battery

Apple did it first with the floppy disk on computers and now the headphone jack for mobile devices. Both times they did it they got so much flak over it but look now. Bluetooth devices are appearing more and getting better and better.

The wireless and contactless trend is growing. To rid of all the different port types just like what USB C is trying for.
deathst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2018, 10:41 PM   #9
Arch-Supremacy Member

I donít think it is irrational at all. It is just simply that users are not comfortable with changes. So used to cables here and cables there. If you took a look inside an iPhone it is legitimately running out of space at their form factors.

IPhone X

Note that the iPhone X Motherboard is folded and stacked over each other already! It has more board then the iPhone 8+

IPhone 8+

The iPads are starting to run out of space as well. The reason why iPad battery is so good is really efficient SOC and that HUGE battery

Apple did it first with the floppy disk on computers and now the headphone jack for mobile devices. Both times they did it they got so much flak over it but look now. Bluetooth devices are appearing more and getting better and better.

The wireless and contactless trend is growing. To rid of all the different port types just like what USB C is trying for.
I don't want to be blunt, but I think the solution is very simple right? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that, "hey maybe letting it grow slightly fatter can resolve this issue of battery capacity". What is with the chase to slim the phone down with each revision, and at the same time increasing the surface area? It is a questionable design decision because it makes the phone easy to bend. To address this issue, they have to reinforce the chassis which will then further take up more precious space.

Perhaps I can't adapt to the change, though this is debatable. Anyway, you are happy to pay more for their device, yet with increasing inconvenience or cost, but I am not. To put in plainly,
(1) Cost - This new iPad Pro will likely cost more,
(2) Cost - existing earphones and speakers without Bluetooth will mean having to buy an adapter which they mentioned will likely not be included going forward, or buy a blue tooth headset and speaker when I already invested quite a bit of money on my existing earphones and speakers.
(3) Inconvenience - If I want to use my existing earphone and speaker, means I need to keep the adapter with me all the time
(3) Inconvenience - I want to share it with my family, but Face ID only recognizes 1 face where Touch ID allows up to 10 finger prints. Sure I we can resort to pass code, but isn't this an inconvenience?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.